Community What's the absolute best thing that has happened to you lately?

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
My father-in-law had a successful open heart surgery. We’re busy nursing him back to a normal everyday life right now. (That’s also why I haven’t been active here or on Steam.)
Sorry that I'm a bit late responding to this. That's fantastic news! Glad to hear he's doing well and here's hoping for an easy and speedy recovery! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Finished my motorcycle license upgrade today!
Instead of being restricted to a 125cc i can now drive

Think i'm gonna save up for a used kawasaki Ninja for next summer.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Finished my motorcycle license upgrade today!
Instead of being restricted to a 125cc i can now drive

Think i'm gonna save up for a used kawasaki Ninja for next summer.
good luck ... and try not to kill yourself while riding one :p

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Holy shit, I'm going to go and look at an apartment on Monday! Can't believe it, homelessness might be over finally! Sure it's temporary social housing, so I'm expecting a shithole but better than the streets and shelter!
That is awesome! Got my fingers crossed for you that it all goes well! 🤞

Reactions: Le Pertti

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
My Mum's 3rd cancer surgery in 16 months went really well yesterday. 3 different cancers in such a short time though this was the easiest as it didn't involve dissecting an organ. Whether it involves further drug treatment is unsure atm though there was no sign of any invasion into anything.

Hopefully 3rd time that surgery fixes it. Don't smoke kids, it'll come back to haunt you though this one wasn't smoking related, the kidney and lung sure were!

Also this was the most expensive of the lot, cost her about $450 dollarydoos. As this floating tumor was near the spleen they made her get 4 vaccinations that weren't covered. Turned out she didn't need them. The first surgery cost about $150 and the 2nd was completely free. Bloody Medicare.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
I got a huge promotion a month ago and I’m currently making 1.5 times the amount I used to, plus I’m about to get health insurance through my employer which will help so much because by far my biggest expense in life is having to pay out of pocket. I’m finally getting enough money to put together a decent savings account and it’s such a relief on every factor of my life to finally feel somewhat financially secure.

I’m volunteering for a presidential campaign and meeting all kinds of like-minded people that way, which is such a nice contrast from the people in my suburb who make sure nobody brings up the subject.

I’ve got a long weekend coming up which will be spent listening to podcasts and playing video games for as close to 72 hours straight as I can get.

And I finally pulled myself away from an Internet forum I hated and found a new group that’s so much cooler and I can actually feel some community with.