|OT| Xbox Game Pass for PC | Microsoft OT | Is This Legal?

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Already own the first two Amnesia games on Steam, and Rebirth from the EGS freebie, but I should give them a try at some point. Looking forward to Frog Detective 3; the first two were cute.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Monkey Island only released about 6 weeks ago too. That has to be one of the fastest turnarounds for a normal launch to Game Pass release I've seen.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Monkey Island only released about 6 weeks ago too. That has to be one of the fastest turnarounds for a normal launch to Game Pass release I've seen.
it hadn’t launched (or been announced, afaik) for Xbox yet. it’s relatively common for games that launch on PC to not launch on PC Game Pass until the console release, though as you say, the gap there is usually longer; i.e. The Legend of Tianding launched for PC and Switch a year ago, but is launching on Game Pass today along with the Xbox release

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Didn't know Lapin was coming to Game Pass; looks like an interesting platformer. It's an Early Access release on Steam, so I'm not sure why it's not labeled as a Game Preview release on Game Pass.

Gungrave looks like a fun 7/10 action game, hope it at least lives up to that

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Well this is a slow start to the year. On the bright side I didn't have to search for as many links on Steam. :smart-thinking-blob:

Reactions: lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Gamepass is pretty crazy for me lately - finished Signalis, Somerville, Prodeus, Plague Tale 2, High on Life and now playing Midnight Fight Express. And all these games except Somerville have been awesome.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
oh yay, Shadow Warrior 3 is actually coming after all (for those who missed it, many Game Pass users got a notification a month ago inaccurately stating that SW3 was now on Game Pass)

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
SW3 and Atomic Heart are gonna be mustplays for me.

I know Atomic Heart has a shady background but I am so damn curious about it, really want to see if the game will be celebratory in any way of SSSR or Russia, or critical/satirical.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
SW3 and Atomic Heart are gonna be mustplays for me.

I know Atomic Heart has a shady background but I am so damn curious about it, really want to see if the game will be celebratory in any way of SSSR or Russia, or critical/satirical.
I suspect more the latter, but I doubt it'll end up having anything particularly coherent to say about the USSR one way or another = it strikes me mainly as using Soviet aesthetics in service of a BioShock-inspired "alternate=history utopia with anachronistically advanced technology turns out to have a dark side" story, much more than it does using those familiar tropes to comment on the USSR as it actually existed.

Not wildly optimistic about AH in general, since it's come off since its reveal as a collection of "this would make a cool visual in a trailer" ideas more than it does a cohesive vision for a game, and the last round of previews didn't exactly discourage that impression. But I'd love to be wrong, and hey, at least it's on Game Pass so I don't have to buy it.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It's not outright bad, but it is mediocre. I can barely remember anything about it in the first place. There are a few characters I liked, but they aren't as interesting as a Persona game's cast. The nicest thing I can say about SH2 is I enjoyed it more than Shin Megami Tensei V (which I have outright disdain for).

Reactions: Cacher

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I squealed when I saw the combo of SH and Wo Long, but that means no dlc for SH… mmh…

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Made it three hours into Shadow Warrior 3...

and then Atomic Heart came out. Haven't touched SW3 since. But I will probably finish it after AH, just to scratch it off the list. It is not terrible, but it is weakest of the three games. I am glad they brought back Hoji though.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not that I care all that much, but the last few game pass drops have been really weak. Some of them, like Civ VI can be bought with all DLCs for like a tenner.

• This!

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I have to agree. HiFi Rush and Atomic Heart are the only games I've liked so far in 2023. I assume Wo Long is good, but haven't actually had the time to play it.

Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Exoprimal will launch Day 1 on GP.

Looks like a flop in the making and Capcom pawned it off for some quick dosh ala Outriders and Rainbow Six Extraction. Good for them.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Game pass has been mostly awful lately. Considered subbing for Soul Hackers 2, but nah.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
There is nothing that evokes hockey like palm trees. Wait, what...

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Annoyed by the loss of tetris and DQ Builders 2, but hey, no big deal. There will be sales.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I honestly find the leaving lists to be far worse than the entering lists.

Guess it means last year was a much better game pass year.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Game Pass has been kinda underwhelming so far this year, huh. Can't say the lineup has been bad and I still have a decent-sized backlog from it, but the twice-a-month "Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass" news drops used to pretty consistently have a bunch of games that hadn't been previously announced as coming to the service; now it feels like there are generally fewer games, and nearly all of them are announced in advance.

Ravenlok looks promising as a vaguely Zelda-esque action-RPG, but I wasn't a big fan of the developer's previous game, Echo Generation, so I'll refrain from setting my expectations too high for that one. Cocomelon also seems to have something against Steam, for some reason (Echo Generation has a Steam page that's been "coming soon" for years now), and Ravenlok doesn't even have a Steam page despite being available on both the Windows Store and EGS.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im not exactly sure what MS is doing lately with game pass. With the lack of 1st party titles I would have thought they would go all in on 3rd party games. There are good to great 3rd party titles releasing everyday on PC/Xbox and if only PC, they can still fund the development of the Xbox version, but no, game pass titles are lacking lately.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
ooh, Chicory, nice. first good Coming Soon to Game Pass news drop in a while (see my post on that above)

Planet of Lana also looks quite nice, though that one was announced previously

Reactions: Nabs