|OT| Xbox Game Pass for PC | Microsoft OT | Is This Legal?

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
potentially bad news for Game Pass PC, in that Sony is likely to moneyhat third-party games to keep them off Game Pass, which will presumably impact PC as well even though Sony almost certainly won't have a directly competing offering there

• Eyes
Reactions: Pommes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
potentially bad news for Game Pass PC, in that Sony is likely to moneyhat third-party games to keep them off Game Pass, which will presumably impact PC as well even though Sony almost certainly won't have a directly competing offering there

In the end, Gabe always wins.

Reactions: Stevey

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
They seem to be removing restrictions on the advanced installation stuff, bit by bit. Now games can be launched through clicking the executable, and some time more recently they made it so you can modify game files for any game, not just mod-enabled ones.

Of course, adding games to Steam or to drivers for things like custom mouse profiles is still not possible.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Some guesses for this

Darktide
Silksong
New Atlus or SEGA game
Deathloop
Halo 5
Rare Replay (MS Please)
FF7 Remake
Kingdom Hearts games once EGS exclusivity is up
Baldurs Gate 3

and ofc a good chance its yet to be announced game that will have debut TGA trailer.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Some guesses for this

Darktide
Silksong
New Atlus or SEGA game
Deathloop
Halo 5
Rare Replay (MS Please)
FF7 Remake
Kingdom Hearts games once EGS exclusivity is up
Baldurs Gate 3

and ofc a good chance its yet to be announced game that will have debut TGA trailer.
Darktide is already announced for Game Pass iirc and most of the rest wouldn't be Day One really, but we'll see, no idea

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
  • Evil
Reactions: Pommes and Nabs

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 and Kiwami 2 are leaving December 31.

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
huh, the leak was real. wonder what's with all those licensed shovelware games hitting the service.

in any case, already hyped for The Gunk, been wanting to play Lake, and the Lodoss War game looks pretty good (though I still haven't gotten around to playing Touhou Luna Nights, which is from the same developer).

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
huh, the leak was real. wonder what's with all those licensed shovelware games hitting the service.

in any case, already hyped for The Gunk, been wanting to play Lake, and the Lodoss War game looks pretty good (though I still haven't gotten around to playing Touhou Luna Nights, which is from the same developer).
I would guess a lot of kids will get an Xbox for Christmas and MS probably wants some family friendly titles on the service.

Also Lodoss War is pretty good, but really short. I finished it in like 5 hours.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I haven't even started Record of Lodoss yet, but I'm not mad about it. I think I got it for a good price.

Last edited:
  • Gib
Reactions: Cacher

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
Does Game Pass for PC still have that issue where if you uninstall a game the app doesn't give back the hard drive space that the game was occupying? I don't even know if it's/was a real issue because I've only read about it a few times.

I've been thinking about trying Game Pass PC for the Halo Infinite campaign but I don't know if I want to bother doing a fresh install of windows to get that space back once I'm done.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Does Game Pass for PC still have that issue where if you uninstall a game the app doesn't give back the hard drive space that the game was occupying? I don't even know if it's/was a real issue because I've only read about it a few times.

I've been thinking about trying Game Pass PC for the Halo Infinite campaign but I don't know if I want to bother doing a fresh install of windows to get that space back once I'm done.
It's impossible to predict if the Xbox App or Microsoft Store will crap out on you... it's a matter of luck. And yes, not really deleting the game files can happen sometimes.

Though for this particular bug, the new beta version of the app can actually help because you can see the game folders and even delete them manually if necessary.

But I think you need to sign in to the insider program to access the beta:

Whatever or not doing all that is worth it..... that's up to you.

Reactions: Kuroyume

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
A few titles got added for the new year:

The Pedestrian
Olija
Gorogoa

and Gears 5 is now the GOTY edtion, I think?

These all seem like good games.
all three of those are on my wishlist, nice. (Gorogoa was announced as "coming soon to Game Pass" back in late July, along with the still-absent Telling Lies; only took a bit over five months)

Reactions: Nabs

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
wish Outer Wilds had come to PC Game Pass earlier so I could have saved a few bucks on it (it was previously on Game Pass for about two years before leaving last spring/summer, but only on console). oh well!

I started playing Scarlet Nexus yesterday. I get the feeling there won't be enough variety to sustain my interest for 25 hours, but man the combat is a lot of fun

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Holy Moly, what a drop. I'm real happy about Outer Wilds.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Why? Seriously, the DLC is fantastic and has the "true" ending.
I don't usually bother with DLC, and I won't be bothered to spend 15 dollars on a "true" ending. If it's worth it, I'll wait until it's in a Choice bundle like usual.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't usually bother with DLC, and I won't be bothered to spend 15 dollars on a "true" ending. If it's worth it, I'll wait until it's in a Choice bundle like usual.
Then you have to replay the game on Steam unless you can get the winstore save working on Steam, as you can only get the true ending if you use the save file you finished the game with.

Also, the DLC costs 15 dollars because it is pratically as contentful as the main game. It's not a small DLC at all.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Then you have to replay the game on Steam unless you can get the winstore save working on Steam, as you can only get the true ending if you use the save file you finished the game with.
Trust me, don't worry about me caring about DLC. The only DLC I care about is Truck Sim DLC.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I'll try the Outer Wilds DLC at some point if it gets cheap enough, but it sounds like it leans into a lot of the stuff I didn't like about the base game, so I don't feel particularly compelled to grab it at this point

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Putting the two announcements in the same tweet is only going to leave people with the impression that Ubisoft+ is coming to Gamepass.

Also, suddenly putting your game on Gamepass is quickly becoming the go to move when people completely forget it is coming out soon (two weeks in this case).

Reactions: Arc

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Putting the two announcements in the same tweet is only going to leave people with the impression that Ubisoft+ is coming to Gamepass.
there have been rumors for a while of Ubi+ coming to Game Pass, but I never put too much stock in them, given that the current Ubi+ service includes all new Ubi games on Day 1 with DLC. I can't see how it would make any financial sense for Ubi to give all that to Game Pass subscribers at no additional charge.

two more plausible possibilities are (a) that they launch a cheaper tier of Ubi+ that doesn't include day 1 releases or DLC, and that tier comes to Game Pass like the cheaper tier of EA Play did, or (b) Ubisoft brings more non-Day 1 releases to Game Pass independently of Ubi+.

in any case, I hope Immortals comes to Game Pass this year. would really like to give that one a shot

Reactions: Digoman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Looks like most of the games are on 1 year contracts which isn't surprising, but it might give some guidance especially if you're going to try to play a lengthy RPG.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Fuck yeah, Death's Door. I expected that to come to Game Pass this year but this is sooner than I expected.

Finished Yuito's campaign in Scarlet Nexus the other day and really enjoyed it, also played through Gorogoa, which is a very short, very pretty, and very polished little puzzler with an abstract story

Reactions: Li Kao