Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
I've never understood why the Lemmings games aren't purchaseable anywhere (at least to my knowledge), but it got me thinking, are any of Psygnosis' games purchaseable today?

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I've never understood why the Lemmings games aren't purchaseable anywhere (at least to my knowledge), but it got me thinking, are any of Psygnosis' games purchaseable today?
nope ... Sony don't care

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So Sony owns it all now?
And wasn't it Rockstar that were a part of making Lemmings? DMA Design? Or am I remembering incorrectly?
yeah, i imagine Rockstar own Lemmings now (they don't give a fuck either, by the way :p)

but you were asking about Psygnosis games in general ... and most of that is Sony now, yes

Reactions: Stevey and ISee

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Of the poll results, the only ones I got at their release were Metroid 2 & Battletoads -- still great games. Didn't have a SNES nor a IBM PC until 1993.

Still a lot of GOATs on this list. I was almost tempted to vote Lemmings. I just wish Lemmings had gotten a full modernization on PC within the last 20 years...

Voted SMW. I'd also almost vote for Castlevania 4, which is probably my fav action-Castlevania. Another World has probably aged the worst, simply because cinematic games have gotten steady innovation and improvement for all the decades since.

Reactions: ISee and FunnyJay

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Never played these old M&M, only tried the 6. Waiting for Heroes of Might & Magic III to appear (1995 I guess) though.
Sadly the game hasn’t aged very well. Not graphically, that’s no big deal, but the last time I tried it when I bought it on GOG I vaguely remember issues. Firstly, there wasn’t a perfect emulation speed IIRC. The game was just a little too speedy or slow.
And then the mouse UX is not great at all. I remember that we used keyboard shortcuts whenever possible at the time and when I replayed it I understood why.
I could be remembering incorrectly, it has been a long time. But ultimately, if I wasn’t so lazy, I would write a long post explaining why the game very much feels like a product of its time. And why this makes me full nostalgia mode.

Reactions: ISee

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I've never thought to give an arcade game "GOTY."
Futaleufu I was thinking of the port mainly. SF2 on SNES was a system seller - there was even a SNES bundle that had the game. I had played it in the arcade before the console release and it was astonishing to me, like everything at the arcade was honestly. But the home version was the only access a lot of people had to the game without spending all day waiting for challengers next to the shopping carts at Sears. Which, you know, if that's your thing but ... personally I had no legit arcade within an hours drive back then. It was a novelty until the console release in my world.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Oh wow Might and Magic 3 being that year makes it even more difficult. I only played that a few years later.

Reactions: lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I spent so much time playing the original Civ, but LeCheck's Revenge was my fave.

Reactions: Ruvon
OP
Bonfires Down

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
My exact thoughts when I saw that list.

According to the votes, can we conclude that the majority of old timers here had a console instead of a PC ? Super Mario, Sonic, TMNT, SF2... gets more vote than Civ, Monkey2, Lemmings or WC2. :disapproval-blob:
I think PCs were still very expensive and not very user friendly at this point. I reckon things will change in the second half of the 90s.

Reactions: ISee and Ruvon

FunnyJay