Discussion Your most anticipated games of 2022?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Have you look up the upcoming release schedule of 2022? Well, you should. next year is packed. We are very likely facing the best first-world problem to humanity: too many videogames, yet too little time. So tell me, what’s your most anticipated game of 2022? What games will you dedicate your precious time into during next year?

Hands down, AI the Somnium Files is my favorite among the games I played in 2021. A witty, hilarious, and emotional detective adventure, so engrossing that I haven’t laughed and cried and reflected so hard due to a videogame for a long time. A well-deserved sequel is coming next year, and after the teaser and cover art reveal, I already have tons of questions waiting to be answered. I can’t wait to jump back into AI’s modern Japan again, travelling around with my trusted partner / eyeball to find out the truth.

I am never into Marvel. Hell, I haven’t even watched Infinity War and Endgame yet. But this game ticks so many right boxes. Card battle. Positioning and environmental damage. Bonding mechanics. I never knew that I wanted a triple A take of Slay the Spire so bad, and this game just looks downright amazing in every single way.

Kirby. In 3D. No need for further explanation, right?

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
OOOOOH love the idea of this thread, sweet!!!!

Well, I don't really know what to say, I'm very excited about a lot of things, mostly Japanese and Indie oriented and of course a lot of AAA content too, not being a game but Deck is also top priority for me but when it comes to games things like...

Elden Ring, Dying Light 2, the potential Chrono Cross remaster, MAYBE a few of the Square exclusives coming to Steam, more Sony PC ports, more Xbox games...

IDK, I'm quite excited and 2022 looks like a great year for gaming, hopefully it is.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I just went looking for what may release in 2022 and that was my reaction:

Let's start with some DLC

That DLC seems quite interesting, you will be able to see your court room now and there are some new culture options!

I'm down for more RoR2, I'm mainly curious about the new survivors and bosses.

Moving onto games that may release in 2022

The first game was a cool surprise, this one seems to be more focused on the exploration and puzzles with less combat.

I'm craving for a new souls like. From what I've seen the game iterate over all the previous games they created and i'm hoping for a nice experience there.

The animations are beautiful and it's a 2D pixel art game, the perfect combination!

From In Other Waters creators a game that I enjoyed a lot so I'm waiting for another good game.

Jet Set Radio. No need to say more lol.

May not even release in 2022 but I gotta to believe.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
More exciting things than this year had for me, all these are probably day 1 for me: new AI, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Neon White, EDEN.Schemata, Shadow Warrior 3, Season, Yurukill, maybe N1RV Ann-A?

PC Ports: Gnosia, moon (?), Kuro no Kiseki if it comes out next year.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
Elden Ring - I played and liked Dark Souls and Sekiro, so I'm excited for Elden Ring. Everything I've seen so far feels like the exploration will be fun.

Breath of the Wild 2 - I liked the first game despite some things that annoyed, but the overall experience was so great that those annoyances disappeared for a long time. So naturally, I'm excited to play the sequel and explore new places once again - this time hopefully with some improvements!

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Everything. :evilblob:

Joke aside, I'm looking forward to Raphael's Weird West which is releasing in January, provided it doesn't get delayed by then.

Bayonetta 3, because why not. :p

Shadow Warrior 3 - looking forward to the gameplay and visuals.

Project GG if it releases in 2022. I'm even more curious about the game than before, because the announcement trailer gave me the impression that it's potentially going to be Kaiju fighting game, but after the recent Bayo gameplay trailer, I'm not sure anymore since it also features Kaiju moments. I doubt Kamiya would want to do the exact same thing too, but who knows.

Other than that, can't recall anything else I'm excited about. More PC ports of old games are always cool, of course.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
just looking at my steam wishlist some stuff that sticks out that seems like it could realistically release/leave early access (not sure if they all end up being 2022 though)

bunch of other interesting looking stuff too from new devs or whatever that I didn't post, Nirvana Initiative would likely be on my list too but I never did get around to the first one still

I wish I could be hyped for Midnight Suns but so much of the Marvel stuff and design decisions that stem from that turns me off

seems like it will be a strong year for Nintendo stuff too as someone that has a Switch that I haven't used in years, i'm interested in Bayonetta 3, Mario+ Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Rune Factory 5, and possibly the new Kirby game depending on how it turns out, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem are also pretty due for releases at this point even though those aren't actually announced yet

Last edited:
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Revisiting this thread. With the release of Total War Warhammer 3, Elden Ring and Horizon, I guess some of you are going to be very happy.

I also have a few new additions to the list:

Easily my most anticipated game this year. Jesus I totally did not expect it coming so soon. So much potential and it looks fantastic. I will definitely be there on day 1.

SQEX picked up two great games to remake. Please release them on PC soon. Please!

I haven't mention Botw 2 yet because of delay uncertainty. Maybe it will launch this year? Oh, and I also look forward to Kingdom Hearts series coming to steam next month (hopefully). Not buying them on day 1 but they should be on my purchase list soon.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Revisiting this thread is a good idea!

From my list the CK3 DLC already released as well Supraland Six Inches Under and it was a pretty good game.

Other games that I'm waiting in 2022 are:

I'm currently playing through Anodyne 2 after finishing the first game and it is a special game so anything they do may be a sure purchase from me.

I'm curious about the new stories that will be added to the game.

The Frog Detective is a fun light-hearted series with good puzzles to solve.

• Gib
  • Comfy
Reactions: Cacher and lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
TitleWhenHype factor
Disgaea 6 Complete28 June:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Soul Hackers 226 August:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Digimon Survive29 July:flare_switch:
Xenoblade Chronicles 329 July:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten8 September:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Trails from Zero27 September:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
:flare_switch:

• Eyes
  • Gib
Reactions: Durante and Cacher
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Great idea Kvik! Xenoblade 3 has 10 Flares on my list!

And I start to feel that Bethesda ain't delaying Starfield, so that one goes to my list, too. Someone made a short PR video yesterday and it was hype.

• Comfy
  • Love
Reactions: Dandy and Kvik

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
TitleWhenHype factor
Disgaea 6 Complete28 June:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Soul Hackers 226 August:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Digimon Survive29 July:flare_switch:
Xenoblade Chronicles 329 July:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten8 September:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
Trails from Zero27 September:flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch: :flare_switch:
:flare_switch:
... I feel like this is the very first time I've ever seen a table here.
We'll try to make Zero (well, the part of it which we have control over, which is the port) match your expectations!

Also, now that Elden Ring is done (and fully realized the hype which is pretty insane) there's very little I'm highly anticipating this year other than Silksong (and that might not even make it).

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
for me, its those:

+ the Steam release of Kena (currently egsclusive, probably gonna be on Steam in September)

and these are already out. I anticipated them (and bought them) but then Elden Ring happened ;)

Last edited:
  • Gib

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Starfield and STALKER 2, neither of which I actually expect to come out this year.

Other than that, not much.

But right now I have installed and ready to be played:

Wasteland 3
Gothic Archolos
Enderal
Horizon Frozen Wilds
Hitman Trilogy
Mass Effect LE Trilogy

So I am covered for quite a while.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Here are some of mine. There's a lot more on my wishlist, but these are the ones I am probably most excited for at this point.

Return to Monkey Island - there is no store page, which worries me.

Saint's Row
Star Trek: Resurgence

• Comfy