Discussion Your most anticipated games of 2024?

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Now that TGA is over, most of the announcements are out so it's time to ask the usual year-end questions: what are your most anticipated games of 2024?

2022 thread
2023 thread

1. Metaphor: ReFantazio

I am not a big fan of Persona because I am not too interested in roaming modern day Japan doing repetitive social links. On the other hand, the world design (scenery, mechanics and even character outfits) in Metaphor: ReFantaszio is salient that people at Atlus have been pouring their heart and soul into this project for years. It may not have the best graphics in 2024, this game is astonishingly beautiful in my eyes. I am sure that there is going to be social link (heavily hinted in the first trailer), but I am optimistic that they will bring something new to the table.

2. Megaton Musashi Wired

Finally, a Level 5 game coming to Steam. I love giant robots and have been wanting to get my hands on this game for years. Heard great things about the storyline for how complicated and dark it is, I am stoked to finally be able to play the game on PC. Do give the anime opening song a listen, it's a banger!

3. Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

I haven't played the first game (sitting in my steam library for years!), but the latest trailer just sent chill down my spine. Extremely good trailer direction, photo-realistic graphics, unsettlingly atmosphere, tight and punchy combat... The trailer wowed me even after watching that unbelievable GTA6 trailer a few days ago. Very excited to get my hands on it. Meanwhile, I will be playing the first game asap.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
1. Metaphor. In Hashino we trust.

2. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Replaying the original FF7 amped up my excitement for Rebirth as I want to see what wacky twists and turns will be in the game and how it will diverge from the original.

3. Dragon's Dogma 2. The first game had some of the best combat in an open world game, but nearly everything else was underwhelming. I'm hoping DD2 can fix the lack of interesting things to do.

While not a specific game, I'm excited for Nintendo to announce new hardware and hopefully a slate of titles to go along with it.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
There's a lot of stuff actually, a bunch of these are 2023 delays though:
1. English release of Kuro no Kiseki - it's been two years since I've played Hajimari and probably centuries since I jumped into a new Trails setting. Not super excited about it being as long as CS4 though.
2. Final episode of Your Turn to Die
3. Puzzlers: 14 Minesweeper Variants 2, remaining Bonfire Peaks DLCs, LOK Digital, new Golden Idol
4. DJMAX x Falcom collab
5. And some other random stuff: Anger Foot, EDEN;schemata();, that new Simogo title, some EA graduations (mostly Ultrakill (yeah, not happening) and Force Reboot)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
As per usual, I don't really have anything I would be really truly anticipating. The only thing I would say that fits is the Elden Ring dlc, but we don't know anything about it let alone when it comes out.

But here's some games I'm quite interested in.

Dragon's Dogma 2
Plucky Squire
Star Wars Outlaws
Still Wakes the Deep
World of Goo 2
Metaphor
Visions of Mana
Momodora: Moonlit Farewell
Botany Manor

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm honestly just going to post the games from my last year's list that weren't release yet as I can't think of anything that was shown in these past 12 months that I really want to play.

Reactions: Vantr and Cacher

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Not much, really.

Dragon's Dogma 2

The obvious one - first game laid fantastic groundwork for a sequel to come in, improve upon it and really hit a homerun.

Zenless Zone Zero

Cause I guess Mihoyo owns me at this point.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth - This is my easy top pick right now, I adore the first game and everything they have shown looks incredible.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 - Even without finishing the first game, my hype is through the roof. Capcoms current output is incredible and I trust them 100%.

Metaphor ReFantazio - Over the years I have played Persona 3, 4 and 5 and never finished them. I appreciate what they do and enjoy many aspects of them, but the reason I am excited for Metaphor is because it seems like something completely new.

I could list a bunch of other stuff probably, but these are the top ones that came to mind. It’s looking like a great year with fantastic games.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I feel like I should be more excited about 2024 games, and I still do! But our currency is currently very weak, and the prices of new games are so insane that it kind of diminish my excitement a little.

But enough of that, I suppose.

Trails through Daybreak - If you've seen the epilogue of Trails into Reverie, it's hard not to get excited about it. With PH3 handling the PC port again, it's practically a no-brainer.

Ace Attorney 456 Collection - People say it's not going to top AA123 in terms of story, but I can make my own opinion ... once I've found a cheap key! :flare_lmao:

RGG8 Infinite Wealth - I wish I have Infinite Wealth too, so I wouldn't think twice for spending $115 for a Standard Edition of a video game that is not produced by Falcom. :flare_lmao:

Metaphor: ReFantazio -
There's a red-headed elf in the key art armed with a spear. I'm sold.

Also, I didn't list a bunch of VNs, but that is because they didn't mention any dates (yet).

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
where Silksong???

But more seriously:
  • Life By You - finally, a serious contender in the life sim genre. I probably won't play it anytime soon but I'll closely follow early access development for sure
  • Cook Serve Delicious Re-mustard - duh
  • The Rise of the Golden Idol - Case was so good and I just want more!

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Eiyuden Chronicle - Really big fan of Suikoden II so I backed this game hard on Kickstarter.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth - Enough said.

Granblue Fantasy Relink - If it doesn't get delayed again lol.

FFVII: Rebirth - If it comes out on PC (Steam).

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I am just going to put everything I am excited for, since so many of them don't have release dates.

I love Obsidian, and I love Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2. In a perfect world, this would be Pillars 3 instead, but I'll take what I can get. This still says 2024 on its Steam page, but who knows? They really haven't shown anything.

A point-and-click adventure game by Wadjet Eye Games. It features time travel, and the demo was a lot of fun. I've loved all of their games so far, and will buy anything they make at this point.

Narrative-driven CRPG = made for me. This is supposedly coming in early 2024, having been delayed back in November.

I love Life is Strange 1 and 2, and Remember Me, and DON'T NOD are one of my favorite developers. Gives me slight Yellowjackets vibes(the whole 90s vibe, the something happening in the woods to teenaged girls, revisiting what happened as adults, etc), without the cannibalism.

A pixel art life/social/farming/RPG game set in a non-transphobic magical school by Chucklefish. They've been teasing this for sooooo long. Hopefully it will come out this year.

No Man's Sky is one of my cozy spaces, and I go back to it every few months(usually when a patch drops!). This looks like it could be amazing, and it stole my imagination at The Game Awards.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I feel like I'm jinxing Silksong by putting it in these threads.

I'm also interested in Momodora: Moonlit Farewell and Dragon's Dogma 2. At least for those two I'm somewhat confident in them actually releasing.

Oh, and the Elden Ring DLC, if that counts.

Edit:
Oh, right! Eiyuden Chronicle. Hope that turns out well.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I checked my 2022 & 2023 list, to see what happened with those.

First I checked the "Most anticipated games of 2023"
The following havent released yet, and some of them made their reppearance in the 2024 list.
  • Showa American Story – now in the 2024 list
  • Phantom Fury – now in the 2024 list
  • Old Skies – now in the 2024 list
  • Dustborn – now in the 2024 list
  • GreedFall 2 – now in the 2024 list
  • Hljod – now in the 2024 list
  • Phantom Hellcat – now in the 2024 list
  • Songs of Glimmerwick – still on my wishlist though (I think)
  • Ereban Shadow Legacy – still on my wishlist though (I think)

These have released and I have played them:
  • Ion Fury Aftershock – pretty good, more Ion Fury, its what you'd expect
  • Amnesia The Bunker – finished this; I wrote a bit more about it before...in brief: it's ok
  • Hogwarts Legacy – finished it; one of my favourite games this year
  • Oceanhorn 2 Knights of the Lost Realm – it's ok

These have released and I barely played them:
  • Wanted Dead – only played half an hour or so, but it seemed fun
  • Scars Above – a rare case of a game not working on Linux, so I only played once they fixed it, but it didnt really drag me in
  • The Witch of Fern Island – a cozy farming village type game that is still in Early Access, so I figured I'd try it later

This has released and I didnt play it (or buy it, even):
  • Returnal – given this is a rogue-like (a genre I don't like that much), I'll wait for a better sale

———

then I looked at the 2022 list (which I posted in April 2022, huh):
  • Plague Tale Requiem – finished it; pretty good sequel
  • Blacktail – just played it again the other day, still didnt finish it. Doesnt help that it has performance issues (on Linux at least)
  • Asterigos – still didnt finish this either; but a nice game
  • Crowns and Pawns – finished it; good point&click; I needed a walkthrough however ;)
  • Showa American Story – huh... well Im sure it'll release in 2024 ... ;)
  • Steelrising – not sure why I never played it more, got stumped on the first boss and then other stuff kept getting in the way
  • Kena Steam release – played a few hours, then got stuck, and every time I boot it up again I play a bit before I do something else. Attention span of a sparrow
  • Syberia The World Before – finished it; good point&click, liked it.
  • Anno Mutationem – played only a little bit, but not bad I guess
  • Tunic – only started it up once, but heard good things
  • Martha is dead – finished it; but was disappointed. Liked the first game by this studio (Town of Light) and maybe expected too much
  • Ghost on the Shore – finished it; but was also disappointed ... it was just a tad boring and slow
  • Return to Monkey Island – finished it; enjoyable, and glad it exists.

• Sweating
Reactions: Cacher and xinek