Opinion A New Year's gaming resolution

Teggy

Patiently waiting for Wet 2
Dec 2, 2018
3 months down...

I hope the silence is not everyone else breaking their resolutions.

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
I posted this in another New Years Gaming Resolution thread, but here's an update to that.

My Gaming Resolutions for 2019 are:

• Playing through Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider series of games. (Still haven't played them yet, planning to do so during the summer break)
  • Branch out to more RPGs. I've been meaning to get into more RPGs, but they're very taxing for me. I'm huddling some up for 2019, & I expect to play them more often. So far I have in mind:
    • Hyperdimension Neptunia
    • Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
    • Hylics
    • YIIK: A Post Modern RPG - Just finished the heck out of this game, clocked in at 60 hours, not a bad game overall, but not many people will like it.
  • Throttling through the backlog of games to cap off or complete games that I've started & neglected. This should be fairly easy as I don't have that many games like that under my belt. (Currently on the clean up with some older games, but so far so good)
  • Lastly, reaching 300 Physical PS3 games collected. (Already up to 269, almost 30+ games since it was first posted, but close to my current goal!)

CthulhuSars

Nov 2, 2018
3 months down...

I hope the silence is not everyone else breaking their resolutions.
How do you even do this? I promised myself no new games in 2019 and focus on things outside of games. First two months easy then I see people on my friends list start to play Sekiro...

I promise myself I will just read about the game nothing big just inform myself of what the game is like.

24 hours into playing it I am weak as fuck.

Teggy

Dec 2, 2018
I forgot to check in to say I was still going strong after May and am still on the wagon, having not spent a penny on games in 2019. I did have to spend $1 to convert my console gamepass to Ultimate gamepass, but I’m don’t think that counts.

In the fall I would like to sign up for uplay+, but unless they offer a discounted year-long sub, I think I can hold off.

I also think I’ll pass on Borderlands 3 on release. I’m theoretically supposed to play it co-op with a group, but they can find a new 4th.

Teggy

Dec 2, 2018
Just about down with month 7 and I still haven’t bought a game. In fact my payment info for ps plus expired and I haven’t renewed yet because I have plenty (really, an insurmountable number) of other games.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Just about down with month 7 and I still haven’t bought a game. In fact my payment info for ps plus expired and I haven’t renewed yet because I have plenty (really, an insurmountable number) of other games.
Nothing better than beating a spending addiction like that.

Have you been putting the $$$ into savings, paying off bills, finding new hobbies?

I'm curious, friend.

Teggy

Dec 2, 2018
Nothing better than beating a spending addiction like that.

Have you been putting the $$$ into savings, paying off bills, finding new hobbies?

I'm curious, friend.
Heh, well I’ve been unemployed for a little while (somewhat by choice), so it’s just one less expense. It wasn’t an addiction or anything, but I had a bad habit of buying games and then not playing them until after that had been through at least one sale so I wanted to try this out and see if I could play some games I’ve been meaning to get to.

Reactions: teezzy

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
Heh, well I’ve been unemployed for a little while (somewhat by choice), so it’s just one less expense. It wasn’t an addiction or anything, but I had a bad habit of buying games and then not playing them until after that had been through at least one sale so I wanted to try this out and see if I could play some games I’ve been meaning to get to.
I went through a similar spell last year after quitting my job at the hospital so I can absolutely relate. Hope everything works out for you, friend. Its interesting just how much unemployment can change your perspective in life and make you appreciate the little things

Crayon

Schizofantastic
May 25, 2019
I didn't have a resolution. Everything went just according to keikaku.

But starting two months ago i put the clamp down hard on all my frills including games. It's actually not hard with the games, because I don't spend compulsively. I like shopping for them very much, but I like other things, too. Such as playing them. The only game I bought since is Witcher 3 when it was on sale for 13 bucks.

I don't make a bunch of money, yet I find games pretty affordable overall. However just recently I realized that there is a particularly large waste of money that I would like to waste money on so I want to clamp down and save aggressively to get that over with.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I have beaten 17 games, that's probably the most in my life, and we still have three months and a half away fron 2020 (shit! Time flies!)

If I get to 30 finished games, I'll be very happy.

Reactions: Crayon

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
  • Finally beat some games I got in past (and recent) Steam Sales
  • Beat atleast half of my PS2 Library since I've beaten none of them so far
Quick little update. Beat the following Steam games so far:

• Rogue Quest: The Vault of the Lost Tyrant (Winter Sale 2018)
  • DOOM 3 + Resurrection of Evil (Summer Sale 2018)
  • Princess Remedy 2: In A Heap of Trouble (Summer Sale 2018)
  • Torchlight II (Summer Sale 2018)
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando (Lunar New Year Sale 2019)
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces (Lunar New Year Sale 2019)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Summer Sale 2018)
  • Shatter (Autumn Sale 2018)
  • Blackwell Epiphany (Winter Sale 2016)
  • Cold Fear (Summer Sale 2018)

I haven't beaten any PS2 games yet though...

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Teggy

Dec 2, 2018
OK, so it’s been a while since I’ve updated. As of now I have technically spent money on three gaming things in 2019:
1. I purchased CoD:MW for some reason. I bought it with gift money I had lying around, so does that count? 🤷‍♂️
2. I subscribed to Uplay Plus. This is yet another subscription service, which fits in with the primary part of the experiment. Does it matter? I’m not actually being officially judged on this or anything.
3. I subscribed to Apple Arcade. See #2

The only thing Ive really been wanting to play is Control. I kind of want to wait until I have an RTX card to play it anyway.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I was only able to hold on to one gaming resolution.

Do not buy stuff from Epic.

For the rest:

My backlog is growing,
I'm still pre-ordering.
Ignoring impulsive buys during sales is also still a thing.
I'm getting hyped over stuff, instead of making more rational purchases.

In other words: I'm an idiot with a grudge against epic.

Teggy

Dec 2, 2018
I bought Control with gift money. It’s basically a Black Friday purchase, only $30 for Xbox.

I think the only other game I might want to buy is Disco Elysium.

teezzy

Apr 19, 2019
I bought Control with gift money. It’s basically a Black Friday purchase, only $30 for Xbox.

I think the only other game I might want to buy is Disco Elysium.
Honestly, what you managed is inspiring. I'll make the same promise to myself for 2020... at least until the next Xbox drops.

Time to load up for black friday I guess.

Control ($25) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey ($15) here I come.

Already snagged RE2 and Sekiro for a steal online last night.

Teggy

Dec 2, 2018
Honestly, what you managed is inspiring. I'll make the same promise to myself for 2020... at least until the next Xbox drops.

Time to load up for black friday I guess.

Control ($25) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey ($15) here I come.

Already snagged RE2 and Sekiro for a steal online last night.
Having Gamepass and Origin Access Premium is really what made it manageable. I still got to play a lot of new releases.