|OT| Anime Figurine Collections | Plastic Love

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Some Nier news. Not sure which manufacture is making Kaine and A2.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Thanks folks.

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. All you need is the right tools and follow the instruction closely & patiently. It took me a few weekends to finish it, while the more seasoned builders can do it in one sitting. Also, I actually messed up in a few spots, including the slashed forehead. But it's mot a big deal and I grew to become liking it.

• Love
Reactions: Cacher

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Ew Haro, that R2D2 wannabe.

I will show myself out now.

Also are SD Gundam not as common as HG ones?
Haro >>> R2D2 :fashionblob:

By common, do you mean the availability or the variants? In terms of availability they're more or less the same, I guess. Produced a fixed number at launch, then re-produced later as needed. But when it comes to variations, SD kits are way more scarce compared to HGs. In fact, HG is the most completed line above all. 1/100 MG is probably the second, and then followed by SD and 1/60 PG. There's also NG (No Grade) which is kinda rare too, and Mega Size kits that only have a few variants.

Reactions: PC-tan

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I don't know if any of you love them so I am just leaving these here.

Also, be sure to tune into WonHobby 33 tomorrow. Looks like a lot of news are incoming. Start from 10am JST on 29th.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Speaking of figures, I also just picked this one up earlier today. A very rare Asia only release which was a tie up with SDGO game from 2011. It's more pricey than every SD gunpla I have so far, but it's totally worth it.

• Gib
Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Goodsmile killed so many wallets today.

EdwardTivrusky Kvik You may want to check the news. The site is quite buggy so do check all the tags. :)
Thanks! Even my phone was dancing on the grave of my wallet today as a bunch of the news panels were about WonHobby!
My only sanctuary is hoping these releases are difficult to get hold of and import!

• Love

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thanks! Even my phone was dancing on the grave of my wallet today as a bunch of the news panels were about WonHobby!
My only sanctuary is hoping these releases are difficult to get hold of and import!
Definitely not difficult if you do not miss the preorder. I remember you want Hololive Gamers, correct? As their grey prototypes are out, I think they will be up for preorder around August~September. Those with painted prototypes will arrive sooner, around June or July.

• Gib
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This is something that I've just noticed quite recently. What's up with those grey figurines, are we supposed to paint them?
Oh, not like that. Grey color is useful for checking faulty places as well as making the details easier to see. So companies usually apply a top coat to the prototype for checking and showcase. In 3D rendering software, the 3D object is grey in default due to the same reasons. The top coat is something like this:

After finalizing the design by numerous checks, the team will make a copy to the original sculpt so that they can create a painted sample. If a company presents a painted sample, it usually means that the figure is at later stage of development.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Hmm, spiritale... Taito's premium figure brand. Nothing release yet so beware that their quality isn't guaranteed. The color sample does look great though.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

I finally got my Sekiro DX figma and Bloodborne Hunter Nendoroid
I am very interested in the Sekiro figma, but sadly I haven't played the game yet and have no money:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Where would I buy pre-assembled (second hand) gunpla?

Or is that not something that people normal do?
Depends on where you are, but generally ebay or something like that.

It's a very common thing that people do in this hobby. They may either got bored of the kit or just want to get some quick cash. Some rare kits may even go higher than what it originally was. Painted kits may also go higher than usual. But generally, the build quality and complete parts are what usually matter the most.

Try searching for Robot Tamashii or Metal Build instead.
Yeah, these are also good options. They're more like a figure than a kit, but you can buy them brand new. For a cheaper option, you can also take a look at G-Frames. There's some quick assembling required, attaching the armors to the inner frame.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Try searching for Robot Tamashii or Metal Build instead.
I have a Metal Build RX-78 Gundam and it's pretty cool, I wish that they also had Chars Zaku-II but they only have a regular green one.

By the way Hektor Hektor Hektor !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what I just ordered!!!!

For about $75 USD I was able to buy the 2B Nendoroid and the Bring Arts Nier weapon collection. I think some one at GS messed up because I think the price should be $59.99USD but instead it shows $5.99USD..... so being able to get both of these items shipped at the price of $75USD is a freaking steal.....I hope that they don't figure out the price error...

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I am updating myanime figure collection page. And wow anime figures are more affordable than I thought but we do have to pay an import premium in the west. Something that might only cost like $200USD in Japan cost over $300USD in the US.

I buy most of my stuff from TOM and from what I have noticed, is that depending on the item I may only be paying as Little as $10 in markup and at most maybe almost $150 in mark up. The good was the free shipping which offset that since some paces will easily cost you more than $20USD to ship from Japan to the US.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Look, I love Kiseki, but Rean and Altina figures alone are kind of Zzz... :flare_sleepy:

Wake me up when there are prototypes for 1/7 (CS2) Aurelia le Guin or (Azure)Arianrhod

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Look, I love Kiseki, but Rean and Altina figures alone are kind of Zzz... :flare_sleepy:

Wake me up when there are prototypes for 1/7 (CS2) Aurelia le Guin or (Azure)Arianrhod
Yeah... pretty boring. I honestly didn't know Altina was a popular character.

I would love to see figures for Estelle or Noel (probably not a popular choice, but I like her;)).

• Comfy

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I honestly didn't know Altina was a popular character.
Iirc, Altina was in the top 5 of Falcom's Character Poll they had during their 40th anniversary. But the funny thing is -- Estelle is also in the top 5. :flare_lmao:

Loli characters sell like hotcakes in JP though, so I get why the decision was made.

Noel (probably not a popular choice, but I like her;)).
You like army brats-wearing berets, huh? :flare_lmao:

Noel's fun though, I like her banter with Wazy a lot.

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Iirc, Altina was in the top 5 of Falcom's Character Poll they had during their 40th anniversary. But the funny thing is -- Estelle is also in the top 5. :flare_lmao:

Loli characters sell like hotcakes in JP though, so I get why the decision was made.
You like army brats-wearing berets, huh? :flare_lmao:

Noel's fun though, I like her banter with Wazy a lot.
Well then, I guess Tio must be up there because in my brain she is similar to Altina. :ROFLMAO:

And yes, Noel was good. Her wearing shorts in Azure is pretty weird, though.

• Comfy

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
What's the easiest way to fix yellowed parts of a figure? I bought this secondhand SDGO MKII from a marketplace and some parts in the heads have become yellowish. I've watched some fixes from YT and most of them use some kind of hazardous chemicals.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
What's the easiest way to fix yellowed parts of a figure? I bought this secondhand SDGO MKII from a marketplace and some parts in the heads have become yellowish. I've watched some fixes from YT and most of them use some kind of hazardous chemicals.
I follow a youtuber who did refurbishment on old things and he often uses hydrogen peroxide. If you prefer other methods, here are some but I am not sure if they would work:

Reactions: texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I follow a youtuber who did refurbishment on old things and he often uses hydrogen peroxide. If you prefer other methods, here are some but I am not sure if they would work:
Cool, thanks for the tips.

I think I can at least try that bleach and/or baking soda method. Those seem safe enough.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
texhnolyze

I ordered a bunch of model kits for different things. I ordered me some god hand nippers , I still need to find some good files though to sand the suckers down though. Any suggestions? Also what are some recommendations for air brushing? Including the air pump thing (basically recommend me a good set up type of thing)

I've done sand paper on popsicle sticks and that always took me forever and I wanted something to make it go by a lot faster.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
texhnolyze

I ordered a bunch of model kits for different things. I ordered me some god hand nippers , I still need to find some good files though to sand the suckers down though. Any suggestions? Also what are some recommendations for air brushing? Including the air pump thing (basically recommend me a good set up type of thing)

I've done sand paper on popsicle sticks and that always took me forever and I wanted something to make it go by a lot faster.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of sanding as it can deform the parts if you're not careful. If you cut the parts nicely, you wouldn't need to sand them afterwards. First use the nippers to cut the parts from the runners, then clean the remaining nub with your hobby/precision knife. That usually does the trick. The most important thing is when cutting with the nippers, you need to cut from inside, facing outward, and don't cut too close to the parts so it won't leave stress marks. You probably need to watch some YT video for this.

That said, hhaving sanding papers around is still useful sometimes. I'm not sure what kind of sanding paper brands available in your region, but you can use sanding sponges or sticks. But no matter the brands, you'll generally need 4 kinds of them, from fine to micro fine, like these:

Regarding painting, I've yet to try airbrushing so I'm afraid I can't help you. I've only been painting to add minor details or fix missing colors with Gundam Markers. Sometimes I use the markers directly, some other times I use a handbrush for small details.

Reactions: Cacher and PC-tan