|OT| Anime Figurine Collections | Plastic Love

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hektor

Out of all the EVA-01 figures which do you recommend? Doesn't matter when it was released, which one is the best and also of the current ones/one available for pre-order which would you recommend?

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Hektor

Out of all the EVA-01 figures which do you recommend? Doesn't matter when it was released, which one is the best and also of the current ones/one available for pre-order which would you recommend?
I don't own any EVA 01 figures, so i can't really help you much with that, tho if i could buy any without regard for money it'd be this one

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm so glad that I was awake and that I was able to order this

I don't own any EVA 01 figures, so i can't really help you much with that, tho if i could buy any without regard for money it'd be this one
This is what I ended up ordering

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Do any of ya'll have experience with GK's?

I'm trying to figure if these sold here are already finished or require self-assembly/painting?

I don't want to make a gift that the gifted then isn't able to complete lol
Three things

1. Looks like painting is not needed. But it needs simple assembly (like putting Pikachu onto the pedestal).

2. This is definitely not licensed. So quality is not guaranteed. Never expect the final product looks nearly as good as the color sample shown on the site. I would recommend watching unboxing video first.

3. This is not called GK. I heard this a few times before and it always confuses me. Garage Kit usually refers to unpainted kit sold by sculptors which need painting and assembly. I usually just call these statues.

Edit: Oh it's a pre-order. Looks like the studio has some other products so you can look those up on youtube.

• This!
Reactions: PC-tan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It's not too surprising, everyone is working from home and decided to start making GunPla during the evenings of lockdowns and quarantine and with people who work in the factories being impacted too "Full Capacity" may not be "all out".

There's an impact all along the supply chain which means there's potentially less product available for greater demand. I can see things calming down a little as people start to go back to work and life resumes more normally and people abandon their "Lockdown Hobby".

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I had not known about the Gunpla shortage until I saw this one tweet from this one Japanese user talking about it. And how he doesn't like resellers and stuff who are flipping them on places like eBay,Amazon and Mecarii.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I don't know much about the series but I ended up buying it cause why not.

Also is the CE that they have for the game in English?

Also I looked at some of the other stuff that they have in stock and I was surprised by what I found, I was thinking maybe it was an error but then looking at the shipping prices from Japan I can see why people would hesitate. But maybe it is an error since they seem to have "pre-orders" for stuff that came out in 2018 and that is available right now in other places but yet they still have it listed as pre-order.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
ZKenir

My figure just arrived, so that was very quick. I think I might also try looking for the other one that you shared as well. Also out of the things that I have purchased over the years Jlist and Play Asia seem to be the only 2 that shipping my stuff using packing peanuts for some strange reason.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Three things

1. Looks like painting is not needed. But it needs simple assembly (like putting Pikachu onto the pedestal).

2. This is definitely not licensed. So quality is not guaranteed. Never expect the final product looks nearly as good as the color sample shown on the site. I would recommend watching unboxing video first.

3. This is not called GK. I heard this a few times before and it always confuses me. Garage Kit usually refers to unpainted kit sold by sculptors which need painting and assembly. I usually just call these statues.

Edit: Oh it's a pre-order. Looks like the studio has some other products so you can look those up on youtube.
I have taken the risk and bought it. (Well, not exactly it, a different Pikachu Uchiha figure), and the quality is great!

It does require a lil bit of self assembly, but just plugging some parts together like nendos, so whatever.

Very happy about it, this is gonna make an amazing gift!

on that note, i now have 3 different anime figures in my apartment, which all aren't for me to open.

:NotLikeDis:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
------
By the way over the last few months I have gotten a lot of figures and collectibles I would like to share some of the photos and stuff but I'm just too lazy to do so. Also I had to move a lot of stuff around and still have not opened up some of my figures, mainly my Nendoroids. I have like 6+ Nendoroids that are still trapped in their cardboard tombs.
------
I also still have not opened up my Star Wars Black series figures or my Lego stuff (and that stuff Is just piling up really quick.

• Toucan

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I have been watching this Kotobukiya stream for the whole today lol.

Tons of announcement. They are going to upload a website listing out everything tomorrow.

Many people probably don't know Kotobukiya too well. When Bandai is famous for Gundam model kits, Kotobukiya is famous for its humanoid model kits. Series including Megami Device and Frame Arms Girls are very, very popular in Japan and Asia.

Quick example: Ayaka from Megami Device COLLAB series Alice Gear Aegis. She's a character from the gacha title Alice Gear Aegis.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
The easy thing for me is that i have nowhere to put them on display so they'd end up in a a box in storage with my other figures. That and the ordering & shipping issues kind put me off too or i'd be double broke!

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh god, i hate you all.
Had a look at that GoodSmile store at the Ryza figure and it's about £230-£260 depending on conversion but that lead me to finding a bunch of UK stores that have the Max Factory Pekora figma on Pre-Order for less than £100... I'm so tempted. I still have another 7 or 8 stores to look at too.

Stock dates are all listed as March 2022 so i'd expect another month on top of that due to customs or covid delays i suppose.

• Evil

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh god, i hate you all.
Had a look at that GoodSmile store at the Ryza figure and it's about £230-£260 depending on conversion but that lead me to finding a bunch of UK stores that have the Max Factory Pekora figma on Pre-Order for less than £100... I'm so tempted. I still have another 7 or 8 stores to look at too.

Stock dates are all listed as March 2022 so i'd expect another month on top of that due to customs or covid delays i suppose.
I personally would wait for this Ryza below if I can only afford one of them. The sculpt is gorgeous with a great scene setup. It's also done by Max Factory so the quality should be great,

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I wasn't looking to buy Ryza i just wanted to check pricing etc. It's too much for me to get for it to just sit in a box until i sell it in 10 years lol.
That Pekora fig though... still tempted to pre-order it if it's still available.

Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Good Smile Gura Nendoroid getting ANOTHER run!
Just announced on the HoloMYTH Anniversary Stream.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Sorry for walking into the thread while being a pleb with no figurines :confused-face:

So I have to make a gift but I have zero knowledge about this stuff, what are some to-go sites for buying figurines? (mostly anime-video game related)

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Jav Have a look at the company who makes the figure, some of them have a list of retailers in various countries. It's how i had to find retailers for some of the figures i was looking at as i'm in the UK not the US or Japan.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Here's the Good Smile Partner Shops list. For some reason i couldn't find a link to it earlier but i found it in my bookmarks.
Many of the UK store also stock other products too ( obviously ) so it's been useful to find out what is available here.
Also handy for when Good Smile no longer offer an item, it may be available at a Partner Store.

Good Smile Partner Shops List - Worldwide Retailer List

It may be out-of-date but so far all shops listed for me have been open and active when i checked them.

• Love
Reactions: Jav and Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Sorry for walking into the thread while being a pleb with no figurines :confused-face:

So I have to make a gift but I have zero knowledge about this stuff, what are some to-go sites for buying figurines? (mostly anime-video game related)
Where are you based in? Because there are multiple sites that sell anime stuff, there are also sites like BBTS and Entertainment Earth that have some cool stuff as well. But it just all depends on where you live because there are some sites that will ship to your country but the prices may just be very high.

I use TOM like Hektor shared with you and they are not perfect. In the past they use to be a lot better but in the last 3 years I have less and less of a reason to use them, but at times they are the cheapest place to get figures if you use TOM points and coupons with your purchases. By the way if you do plan to buy multiple anime figures in a year then yes their premium membership is actually worth it and make sure to make use of the free shipping option that they have for orders of over $150 because that along with not charging US Sales tax is what makes them a much better shopping choice compared to others. They use to do a thing where if I spent over $150 on my purchases and even though I purchased 10 items and they all cost $15 and each had it's own sperate release date that they would ship that to my PO box as each one released instead of having to wait until they were all in stock. That was by far their best feature but because of cost stuff they no longer do that and only offer free shipping if those items are releasing in the same month, so the free shipping thing is "by month" (what part of your order they will have in stock that month) because of their size they can't seem to hold on to items and have to pretty much ship everything as soon as they get it, so if you spent $200 now and you have a $75 and $100 figure that will be in stock on October 2021, you will get free shipping for that but for the $25 figure that you purchased that will not release until December 2021 you will have to pay for the shipping of that one.

Also you should buy some for yourself as well.... Join us...

• Love
  • Evil
Reactions: Jav and Cacher