|OT| Anime Figurine Collections | Plastic Love

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Where are you based in? Because there are multiple sites that sell anime stuff, there are also sites like BBTS and Entertainment Earth that have some cool stuff as well. But it just all depends on where you live because there are some sites that will ship to your country but the prices may just be very high.

I use TOM like Hektor shared with you and they are not perfect. In the past they use to be a lot better but in the last 3 years I have less and less of a reason to use them, but at times they are the cheapest place to get figures if you use TOM points and coupons with your purchases. By the way if you do plan to buy multiple anime figures in a year then yes their premium membership is actually worth it and make sure to make use of the free shipping option that they have for orders of over $150 because that along with not charging US Sales tax is what makes them a much better shopping choice compared to others. They use to do a thing where if I spent over $150 on my purchases and even though I purchased 10 items and they all cost $15 and each had it's own sperate release date that they would ship that to my PO box as each one released instead of having to wait until they were all in stock. That was by far their best feature but because of cost stuff they no longer do that and only offer free shipping if those items are releasing in the same month, so the free shipping thing is "by month" (what part of your order they will have in stock that month) because of their size they can't seem to hold on to items and have to pretty much ship everything as soon as they get it, so if you spent $200 now and you have a $75 and $100 figure that will be in stock on October 2021, you will get free shipping for that but for the $25 figure that you purchased that will not release until December 2021 you will have to pay for the shipping of that one.

Also you should buy some for yourself as well.... Join us...
I'm in Europe so a couple of sites I saw weren't available or were too expensive but most of them ship to my country so it's all good.

I would honestly join you, my problem is once I start looking I could easily dump all my salary on that since I seem to like most of them. it's really overwhelming at first since I don't know how to begin with so many options :dizzy-face:

Also thanks EdwardTivrusky I found a couple of cool ones that goodsmiles didn't have and the retailer has it. :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm in Europe so a couple of sites I saw weren't available or were too expensive but most of them ship to my country so it's all good.

I would honestly join you, my problem is once I start looking I could easily dump all my salary on that since I seem to like most of them. it's really overwhelming at first since I don't know how to begin with so many options :dizzy-face:

Also thanks EdwardTivrusky I found a couple of cool ones that goodsmiles didn't have and the retailer has it. :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
If there is ever one in particular figure it something that you need help finding just ask and we might be able to help find one for you.

• This!
Reactions: Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I call upon you my friends I need help ordering a 1/4 scale kallen bunny figure hopefully for under $400USD. The right stuff had one for under $350 but then I got to check out it was sold out (they had a small restock). I might still be able to get one from BigBadToyStore if I'm lucky since pre-orders are sold out (they take a small nonrefundable deposit) but some people may end up not getting it once they have to pay the rest of the $300 to get the figure. And I guess that up until yesterday they still had it.

The only place left now is NinNingamer wich had it for $370. I placed an order but when it comes to payment I tried to use PayPal but I don't see the option even though in their FAQ it says that they accept Paypal. I want to use PayPal. From my understanding NNG is a legit side but their customer service is just garbage. So if there are any issue with my item I can just tell PayPal to give me a refund. Since I've heard stories from people out their stuff getting broken during transit.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Last edited:
  • Comfy
  • Love
Reactions: Kvik and PC-tan

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Sorry for the bumpage but i have a quick question.
Any of you lot signed up for Tenso, the JP mailing service or similar companies? I need to send them photos of proof of address and i wondered if i need to remove customer number from the documents or if it doesn't really matter if a japanese company have them? I suspect it's not an issue but i wondered what advice you have.

edit: sorted now, thanks peeps!

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
@Kvik Are you into plastic model?
Well, sort of. I have a few bishoujo figures including Flare's (preorder). Tbh I don't really like Valimar's design though. :flare_lmao:

I'd prefer a more industrial look function-over-form kind of thing as far as mecha design goes.

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Well, sort of. I have a few bishoujo figures including Flare's (preorder). Tbh I don't really like Valimar's design though. :flare_lmao:

I'd prefer a more industrial look function-over-form kind of thing as far as mecha design goes.
That's good to know. Sounds like you are into Patlabor or Pacific Rim then;)

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Most funko pops make me despair so it seems fitting that I ended up with this. Sorry for potato pic.
Yeah, I don't like Funko at all but this one looks pretty cool. I guess there are still some selected few that fit the aesthetics.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Showcase video of a new brand from Prime 1 Studio, PrismaWing.

These are some great figures with well-designed poses. Must be rather expensive to get, too.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Probably not many people would care, but the upcoming "Megami Device" talk show (live in 15 mins) of Kotobukiya is my most anticipated event of the day. The show would mainly about Kotobukiya's plastic model kit series, Megami Device. More importantly, one of the speakers is Masaki Apsy, a well-respected sculptor of action figure in Japan. He built the framework of Megami Device, Figma and many other popular series. A very talkative person and it is very fun to listen to his industry talk.

Sadly the talk show is in Japanese only. Anyway, I would share the link here. The guy in the center is Apsy.

Event page here. Oh, they are doing it differently from Goodsmile. Announcements would be updated throughout the three-day event.

Last edited: