|OT| Anime Figurine Collections | Plastic Love

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
EdwardTivrusky
Awesome ... but £300, with free shipping of course, is a bit much for something i can't display at the moment. Gah.
I'm going to have to think about it. It is due August next year so i'd have time to save and spread the cost...

edit: and now i'm looking at getting OkaKoro PopUp Parade figures and a candy snackbox!

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Awesome ... but £300, with free shipping of course, is a bit much for something i can't display at the moment. Gah.
I'm going to have to think about it. It is due August next year so i'd have time to save and spread the cost...

edit: and now i'm looking at getting OkaKoro PopUp Parade figures and a candy snackbox!
Yes, figure collection is a luxury hobby now. Prices are hiking like crazy lately. Although these premium figures are absolutely gorgeous, it is really hard for most people to pull the trigger.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
My Korone and Okayu figs arrived. My Okayu one nearly bit the dust before it even got to me. In all my years ordering stuff, it is probably one of the worst conditions I have seen a box arrive in ever, the picture does not do it justice 🥴

Even the Okayu figure box was completely smashed and cracked, but somehow the actual figure did not get damaged. I had planned on keeping it in the box for awhile, so in some ways it is probably good since it makes me actually take it out of the box and not be a perfectionist.

• Sad

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My Korone and Okayu figs arrived. My Okayu one nearly bit the dust before it even got to me. In all my years ordering stuff, it is probably one of the worst conditions I have seen a box arrive in ever, the picture does not do it justice 🥴

Even the Okayu figure box was completely smashed and cracked, but somehow the actual figure did not get damaged. I had planned on keeping it in the box for awhile, so in some ways it is probably good since it makes me actually take it out of the box and not be a perfectionist.
Very unfortune to see how the delivery smashed the box like this, at least the figure itself came undamaged. I saw both of them in a local stores a few days ago and their prices are already going up. :oops:

Just fyi, figures can become sticky if it stays inside the box for a long period of time because the vaporized plasticizer is trapped inside the box. So I would recommend showcasing them anyway!

• Love
Reactions: ExistentialThought

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Very unfortune to see how the delivery smashed the box like this, at least the figure itself came undamaged. I saw both of them in a local stores a few days ago and their prices are already going up. :oops:

Just fyi, figures can become sticky if it stays inside the box for a long period of time because the vaporized plasticizer is trapped inside the box. So I would recommend showcasing them anyway!
Thank you for telling me this! I am a completely new to having figures and had no idea! It makes sense though now that say it, it was wrapped in a lot of loose plastics that would trap that stuff. :blobmorning2:

Last edited:
  • Comfy

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I used to see a lot of ads for that page, they had a lot of cool sfw figures too, but honestly never knew if it was a legit page/good quality products or just a cheap thing that won't be like the pics.
Yeah same. I tried to look for literally any other store selling it and couldn't find anything. Lots of reputable outlets ran a story about it, Eurogamer even, but it seems to be exclusive to this one store and it's not licensed by SE. So I'm just not sure...

Honestly if it were less expensive i'd buy it
For sure, if it was ~$400 instead of $700 I might have gambled on it just for shits and giggles. Never had a 1/4 scale before.

My biggest figure is the 1/6 RAH Summer WonFes exclusive Annie Leonhart. That thing cost me ~$480 but it was limited to 600 copies, and I was NOT missing Annie. :dmcblob:

Now 8 years later, that same Annie figure if you can even find it will go for over $1000. Ebay says one sold recent for $1360+. o_O But I'll never part with mine by choice.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Any idea where I can get a decent priced 2B Prime 1 figure?

From what I saw some places in Japan actually had it for around $750USD + shipping. SE and other US sites were selling it for $960+ USD.

All these places seem to be sold out but there is 1 places where I can buy it from but at the end of the day and after shipping fees and stuff. It will likely end up being close to $1270 USD.

• Sad

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I want more people to know how great Kotobukiya is doing these days so I need to post this.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Muramasa III figure is up for preorder again. skLaFarebear Knurek

Damn I just had to buy a new mouse cuz my old one went bad, but damn I want this so bad.

I do get paid extra on Thursday for on call hours.....
Yeah be careful here boys. I own every single Muramasa figure from WING and every single one has had paint issues. Not to the point of ruining the figure or anything but... yeah. It's always something.

For example this one: Soukou Akki Muramasa - Ashikaga Chachamaru - Sansei Muramasa - 1/7 - DX ver. (Wing)

I ordered the limited edition one, and when it came to me the paint was still wet. I had black powder paint all over my fingers after handling it out of the box. 😅

So just a word of caution with WING figures.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
As someone who love Gun Sword, very happy to see a model kit of Dann of Thursday from Goodsmile. "Wake up, Dann!"

zoku88

Mar 8, 2022
As someone who love Gun Sword, very happy to see a model kit of Dann of Thursday from Goodsmile. "Wake up, Dann!"
I recently watched Gun Sword because of currently playing SRW30. I did like it (though, not enough to get a model kit.)

• Comfy

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Does anyone know if a Minato Aqua figma has been planned or shown? (Or I guess where does one find this information so I do not have to pester folks in the future, I am still new to all of this haha) I am back and forth on her Pop Up Parade figure. The ones I have received are just okay quality, not bad, but not great.

Still patiently waiting for the Houshou Marine figma to be orderable. That is the one I was most anticipating out the gate and it has been the last figure on the docket to release it seems haha.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Does anyone know if a Minato Aqua figma has been planned or shown? (Or I guess where does one find this information so I do not have to pester folks in the future, I am still new to all of this haha) I am back and forth on her Pop Up Parade figure. The ones I have received are just okay quality, not bad, but not great.

Still patiently waiting for the Houshou Marine figma to be orderable. That is the one I was most anticipating out the gate and it has been the last figure on the docket to release it seems haha.
As far as I know, no Minato figma has been announced yet. Best place for figure info is probably myfigurecollection. Most if not all characters have their own page showing their respective figures. Here's her page: Minato Aqua

• Comfy

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
As far as I know, no Minato figma has been announced yet. Best place for figure info is probably myfigurecollection. Most if not all characters have their own page showing their respective figures. Here's her page: Minato Aqua
Thank you again for the resources Cacher, you are always extremely helpful!!! :blobmorning2:

Mio figure came, and to be honest, I do not think I am going to get any more of the Pop Up Parades beyond the Hololive ones I have left preordered (Fubuki's and Marine's so I can complete my Hololive Gamers). I just cancelled a Miku and Beserk one.

I 100% understand they are meant to be cheaper, but between the figures I received for Korone, Okayu, and Mio, there are so many random splotches of paint, scratches, scuffs, odd sheens, paint outside of lines, and glues. It just seems a tinge excessive even for the reasonable price point.

I think I will stick with figmas for now.

• Sad
  • Comfy
Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Thank you again for the resources Cacher, you are always extremely helpful!!! :blobmorning2:

Mio figure came, and to be honest, I do not think I am going to get any more of the Pop Up Parades beyond the Hololive ones I have left preordered (Fubuki's and Marine's so I can complete my Hololive Gamers). I just cancelled a Miku and Beserk one.

I 100% understand they are meant to be cheaper, but between the figures I received for Korone, Okayu, and Mio, there are so many random splotches of paint, scratches, scuffs, odd sheens, paint outside of lines, and glues. It just seems a tinge excessive even for the reasonable price point.

I think I will stick with figmas for now.
You are welcome! You can write to goodsmile customer service regarding the defects and they may give or exchange another one for you, but obviously the replacement will still has imperfections.

• Comfy

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm worried about the paint job for pop-up parade Ina. Look at the intricate details of her dress, the ropes, and her necklace. The pop-up line isn't exactly known for quality, but I'm still interested in how Ina turns out...

Also the 2022 Tropical Racing Miku??? Hello Ma'am!? 🙇‍♂️ I've never been more downbad for a Miku figure in my life lmao.

It's nice to see a new round of Attack on Titan nendos. I have a Mikasa one already, now they're doing Annie and I'm obligated to get it.

Picking these out for Hektor to keep an eye on.

• Gib