|OT| Apple Corner | I like MacBooks and I cannot lie.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I was just about to write how much I love my cheap Mac mini, M1 is great but it only has 8gb RAM and can feel little slow when I'm working with photos and having YouTube in the background, but still I am playing Pathfinder now maxed with good FPS and that makes me happy.

Reactions: NarohDethan

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
If I was more invested in photography I'd love an iPhone 13 Pro, but I settled for the 13 as there's it does everything I want.

Maybe when I win the lottery I'll get the full works as far as tech setup goes.

Reactions: NarohDethan

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
This doesn’t surprise me one bit. It should, but it doesn’t given the stories I’ve heard, especially about PS5 and Xbox consoles. And iPhones are easier to steal than those.

Hopefully Amazon send a replacement out soon.

And I believe with high value items they record the SN, so hopefully the device gets marked as stolen and banned.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That sucks so much!

That is also my biggest fear when it comes time for my deck delivery.
Still no phone. They told me to wait until 8 PM today to file a report.
This doesn’t surprise me one bit. It should, but it doesn’t given the stories I’ve heard, especially about PS5 and Xbox consoles. And iPhones are easier to steal than those.

Hopefully Amazon send a replacement out soon.

And I believe with high value items they record the SN, so hopefully the device gets marked as stolen and banned.
Yeah, I've been buying with Amazon since 8 years ago and the most expensive order is the one that coincidently gets 'lost' lol

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: C-Dub and Le Pertti
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Finally was able to report it. Supposedly they're investigating now, although I haven't received any email yet.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Welp, they told me to wait another 3 days. If I wanted to wait a week I'd have ordered it directly from Apple.

• Sad
Reactions: C-Dub and Le Pertti
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
This really sucks. Your experience makes me not want to shop at Amazon, to be honest.
Oh I won't be buying from them anytime soon, that's for sure. Already cancelled my GT7 and Triangle Strategy preorders. Shame, I wanted that steelbook,

Reactions: LEANIJA and C-Dub
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Well, I was issued a refund. Probably still doesn't process because Apple denied my card so...I'll take it as a sign and I'll buy it in person later.

• Sad

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Sorry to hear that mate, that really sucks!

I'd argue not to use Amazon anyway but wont shame anyone for doing so; but having stuff stolen by their delivery people is just crap.

@pertti I hope that the Deck is still obscure enough to not get stolen. (same hope goes for phishing emails btw).

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
This thing is amazing, can't wait to see 480p videos from Youtube on it.

• Toucan
OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
iPad Air with M1, fuck you Apple :D I just bought one!

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Ah that's not too bad, its like 2.5x the price of the mini for more performance gain.
Here in Mexico I can buy the Max and the Studio Display and still have some money left, for the cost of the Ultra.

• Eyes

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
£1999 for a device like that is not terrible. Surprised they didn't also offer an M1 Pro model, but that may be priced too close to the Mac mini to make that device compelling.

I'm getting flashbacks of the trashcan inasmuch as Apple are trying to convince pro users that small form factor PCs are the way forward, but I expect people with the most serious workloads will be waiting for the Mac Pro.

OP
NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Honestly Steam is the only thing preventing me from switching completely to Mac. I enjoy my Apex Legends.

But once I get a Deck on my hands, bye bye dedicated gaming PC.