Community Backlog Blitz Season 16 - Runs July 1 through September 30 with a raffle at the end

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Note: The spreadsheet has been altered a bit! There is now a drop-down next to each game slot to select the status for the game instead of having to manually change the color yourself. It might be a bit awkward at first but hopefully everyone doesn't mind it since once I got it working nicely it allowed for some simpler functions for some of the side stuff as well. I'm open for other suggestions or feedback, too!

We just finished a successful fifteenth season of the Backlog Blitz. Moving into our sixteenth season it means that Supernatural, ER, and CSI didn't last as long as we have. Take that you lame Winchester brothers! We had 21 participants with 101 game goals set and 55 of them were completed. Congrats on clearing out those backlogs! The rate of completion went up a bit again. Maybe that's not a good sign for the quality of releases this last quarter with people putting more time into their backlogs. Futaleufu was the big winner this time winning the raffle for completing The Surge. Make sure to congratulate them here or in the previous thread!

We're into the third quarter of 2023. This is probably the last quarter of the year where everyone will have spare time for backlog as the last few months get real rough this year with major releases. Use this time to get through some new backlog games like Diablo, Street Fighter 6, Final Fantasy XVI, or all the great indie games that have been coming out this year. Or finally go back to play through those Trails games. I certainly will keep putting those off!

The spreadsheet has been updated, the prize pool has been reset. We'll start with $20.00 but chipping in is always welcome. The details to do so will be posted separately within the thread soon after we get started.

Pick your games accordingly!

What it is:

It's a simple way to clear out some backlog games. You select a number of specific games you want to complete and if you complete them in a set time frame you have a chance to pick a game of your choice within the prize limits.

Rules:

First off, there is no time limit on when you can join. If you come in late and only have a month left please feel free to join. Even one completed game will get you entered into the raffle detailed below.

Everyone shares the same rules so an agreed amount of time would be set (three months this time) and then a set amount of games you want to complete in that time (been using five games). You then pick your specific five games with the intention that you don't go changing it all the time. The idea isn't that once you beat some game you go and list it and mark it complete. Instead, you pick five games to complete at the start of the Blitz and ideally you complete them as well as anything else you want to finish in that time.

Prize:

In the end, I suggest a prize pool and a simple raffle done. I always chip in $20 to start it and accept any other additions. Raffle winners must use at least half but can go up to the full price of a game (capped at $60 if the prize pool gets large enough). Leftover goes to the next drawn winner until it gets down to $0 (or close enough at which point I'll just add it to the next Blitz).

Thoughts?

There's no entry fee or anything so there's really no loss for taking part or starting it and then ignoring it. It's just a fun way to clear out backlog games and have discussion about what you're completing. And commiserate if you pick a game you don't enjoy and sour one of your spots on your list.

I created the Google Sheet so feel free to add yourself and games:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I changed to a hide until replied as I think some people had issues with the hide until reacted. Ask any questions and sorry for those that already posted their new lists in the previous thread. Feel free to just post it again here as we continue for the next three months here.

Good luck, everyone!

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I'm in.
Thought I'd finally be able to play Doom (the original one), but no, still 10-15 minutes of it and it's :blobvomiting: for me.

So my five are:
  • Picross 3D Round 2 (started it 14 months ago, might actually be able to finish this Blitz)
  • Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon
  • Yakuza 3
  • The Last of Us Part 2
  • Untitled Goose Game

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub and Parsnip

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Joining this quarter. My five games:
  • Gears Tactics: currently in-progress. Fun game.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City: I finished the main game two years ago. Time to tackle the DLCs. May also clear some main game achievements along the way
  • Skyborn: Have been sitting in the backlog for a long time. Doesn't seem like a long game so I should be able to finish it within the next three months
  • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: Just finished the main story of the first game and going for the optional school mode, so this one is going to wait a bit. It's a replay since I have finished it on PSP years ago.
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition: Big game of the quarter. Another replay but the definitive content are new to me.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
My five this time:
  • BlazBlue: Central Fiction - Kind of a cheat game. Was trying to finish before the month ended but still have more to go. Story mode is complete but I plan to do quite a lot of arcade mode and maybe other side stuff before calling it a wrap but realistically this won't be that long to finish (guessing 5-10 hours before I call it good).
  • Mighty Gunvolt Burst - Been playing through my INTI Creates games and this is just their next release in order.
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids - Main game finished earlier this year but DLC remains.
  • Dead Cells - Played like 7-8 hours years ago and got to the last boss once. Want to finally finish this one but it's been long enough I expect I'll struggle getting back into the groove.
  • Street Fighter V: Championship Edition - I know the story mode is not good (I've played a bit of it years back) but I want to go through that and some arcade mode stuff so I can move on to the new game.
Last time I meant to pick shorter games but most were like 20+ hours so this time I'm definitely aiming for stuff that might be ten or less hours for the most part.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
All right! My games for this season.
  • Signalis - (Currently 4 hours in).
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada
  • Fire Emblem Engage
  • Amid Evil: The Black Labyrinth

Last edited:
Reactions: Parsnip and C-Dub

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Here's my initial list.

House Flipper
Darksiders Genesis
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Biomutant
Piczle Cross Adventure Regency Solitaire

House Flipper and Piczle Cross Regency Solitaire are going to be the time killer games for me after I finish the last Dreamland Solitaire. Well, I should say they will be the primary ones.
Darksiders Genesis, Helllblade and Biomutant, not much to say about these other than that Wibblewozzer likes Darksiders Genesis, so I guess I'm looking forward to it? :D
Always was intrigued by Biomutant, so I'm very curious how it shaped up after the patches and whatnot. I know it didn't exactly light the critics on fire, but I never really looked into how much of that negative reception was due to bugs or something else.
Hellblade I'm also very curious about overall. Obviously I know some stuff about it and I did follow the development, but I'm not 100% sure what to expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Here's my initial list.

House Flipper
Darksiders Genesis
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Biomutant
Piczle Cross Adventure

House Flipper and Piczle Cross are going to be the time killer games for me after I finish the last Dreamland Solitaire. Well, I should say they will be the primary ones.
Darksiders Genesis, Helllblade and Biomutant, not much to say about these other than that Wibblewozzer likes Darksiders Genesis, so I guess I'm looking forward to it? :D
Always was intrigued by Biomutant, so I'm very curious how it shaped up after the patches and whatnot. I know it didn't exactly light the critics on fire, but I never really looked into how much of that negative reception was due to bugs or something else.
Hellblade I'm also very curious about overall. Obviously I know some stuff about it and I did follow the development, but I'm not 100% sure what to expect.
If you played those top-down Lara Croft games and liked them Darksiders Genesis is like those but better in every way.

Reactions: Parsnip

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I won again? Well, lucky me :cool:

Next games for this season:

Grand Theft Auto V
Sanitarium
Pang Adventures
Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth
Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams Don't Dry

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
My 5 games:
Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft - ugh, why its so dark? :fearful-face:
DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale - rpg spinoff of DROD, seems like rpg system is too restricted and does not forgive any mistakes :loudly-crying-face:
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Quern - Undying Thoughts

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
My games for this season:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst HD
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
My games for this season:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst HD
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
I loved the extra campaigns in Shovel Knight. I essentially liked each one more than the one before. Specter is a ton of fun for the change in movement and level design that incorporates it and then King of Cards just feels so completely different in how it plays and structured that neither felt like as much of a rehash as Plague did. Really great games.

Reactions: Parsnip and Deku

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I loved the extra campaigns in Shovel Knight. I essentially liked each one more than the one before. Specter is a ton of fun for the change in movement and level design that incorporates it and then King of Cards just feels so completely different in how it plays and structured that neither felt like as much of a rehash as Plague did. Really great games.
I have waited far too long to finally play these extra campaigns :D

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Time for another Blitz! I'll edit my list into the post in a moment.

Edit: Okay, here's my list.

1. Planet of Lana
I got recommended this by my brother, who's been playing this while his daughter watches. He said it was like a colourful version of Limbo or Inside, so I decided to give it a go.

And that description is accurate.

I beat this one today so I'm ticking this off my list already. It was great fun and I definitely recommend giving this a go if you like Limbo-style puzzle platformers, colourful games that look good in 4K, and a striking and unique art direction.

2. We Love Katamari REROLL+ Royal Revierie
I played Katamari Damacy for the first time the other month and loved it so much that I'm ready to roll on to its sequel almost straight away. This is what I'll probably be playing next.

3. Vertigo II
Been meaning to play this for a few months since it released. I think I need to get it out of the way before the post-Summer insanity begins with Starfield. Plus I don't play enough VR games so I need to get back on that.

4. Chained Echoes
Grabbed this in the Steam Sale. Had a few people recommend this to me now, so I figure it's time to give it a go.

5. Pentiment
Still not sure what I'll make of this. Yes, the game has high praise, but it's not normally a thing I'd gravitate to. I find the artstyle personally unappealing, but some of the mechanics seem interesting. I think my view on this one will fall on how much I'm enjoying the writing, and if that's enough to get me through the bits I find less appealing.

If any of these games doesn't do it for me, I'll probably sub one out for Atelier Thighza, as I've been meaning to play that for a while. If I like and finish all of the above, that'll be what I play next.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parsnip
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And Knurek made their selection so I'm just going to add the leftover to the current Blitz so the prize for this Blitz is at $26.63.

If anyone wishes to chip-in the ways to do so are right here:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

• Love
Reactions: Cacher

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Finished the story mode of NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst HD. Good game to recap what has happened in Naruto :) It has been so long time since I read the manga
I will continue to play the game to unlock some stuff

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Gonna go with

Gotham Knights
Mega Man Battle Network 3
Mega Man Battle Network 4
Baldur's Gate 3
Final Fantasy 16

The last one is contingent on it getting a patch because right now I literally can't handle the game due to the motion blur and stuttery performance mode.

Last edited:
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Finished Game #1

BlazBlue: Central Fiction didn't have all that much left for me to do as I had finished the story mode but I wanted to at least do all available acts for the eight new fighters in this game with maybe some extras. So I did those eight and two more and while I considered doing like 1-5 more I've been playing a ton of BlazBlue for two months and just wanted to move on and did enough to call it good. Great series!

ganmo Just want to check if you plan on joining this time since I kept your slot up like usual since you have it linked but can remove it this time if you don't want to take part. No rush, just checking in.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm still very unsure of what to pick for this quarter's challenge so I'll just leave the list incomplete and update it later (updated now).

1. Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara (kickstarted it and I'm almost 100% sure I'll play this at launch)
  2. Temtem
  3. Baldur's Gate 3 (Still unsure about this one... the new release date kinda messed up my plans...)
  4. Alwa's Legacy
  5. Linelith

Last edited:

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Finished Game #1

BlazBlue: Central Fiction didn't have all that much left for me to do as I had finished the story mode but I wanted to at least do all available acts for the eight new fighters in this game with maybe some extras. So I did those eight and two more and while I considered doing like 1-5 more I've been playing a ton of BlazBlue for two months and just wanted to move on and did enough to call it good. Great series!

ganmo Just want to check if you plan on joining this time since I kept your slot up like usual since you have it linked but can remove it this time if you don't want to take part. No rush, just checking in.
I'm in, going to continue play the games I didn't finish last season as well as I have restart to play Dragon Quest Builders 2. Turns out to be quite fun game after all :D

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I'm in, going to continue play the games I didn't finish last season as well as I have restart to play Dragon Quest Builders 2. Turns out to be quite fun game after all :D
All good. No pressure, I just check in with the people that have linked names (the others I bothered on Discord) just so I can remove their name if needed.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I should've played Sanitarium 20 years ago: if you like adventure games like Harvester or I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream you have to play it.

Reactions: lashman
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Game #2 completed. Mighty Gunvolt Burst was my continued trek through Inti Creates games. And it's my favorite one so far. Replayed every level 2+ times to get 100% of the items and just had a solid time doing it. The only "problem", which I don't see as such, is you can make yourself really overpowered if you get everything and play enough so the difficulty really was gone by like the third or fourth stage and by the end I was burning most all bosses down in like four seconds.

I have remaining Dead Cells, Street Fighter V, and Assassin's Creed Valhalla's first DLC.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Finished We Love Katamari - not as enjoyable as the first one, but still good fun. I hope we get more Katamari soon.

Gonna start Chained Echoes next.

I also might have to take Vertigo II off my backlog for a while. I’m still getting some post-concussion headaches (I think work stress is making it worse) and I don’t think it’s a good idea to wear a VR headset just yet.

Maybe in a few months. I want to play it asap, but gotta be safe too.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I finished GTA V. It's a very well put together game with lots of satire and meta commentary. Too bad the online is a mess: the default server for my area is full of mods and cheaters that makes playing it impossible to enjoy.

1/5

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I am in the mood of more Gears of War so I swapped out GTA4 DLC for Gears of War Ultimate Edition. Played the original on 360 and this remake looks really good. Just defeated the Berserker. Great fun.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm swapping Piczle Cross Adventure to Regency Solitaire.
Turns out that Piczle Cross Adventure is a sequel to the story mode in Piczle Lines DX+α, so I obviously can't play them out of order. :upside-down-face:
The other unfortunate discovery I made is that Piczle Lines DX+α is 8,19€, but hasn't been on sale in 2 years, back in 2021 it was 80% off. :thinking-blob:

Maybe they'll remember to put it on sale again at some point.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Finished FF16, now I wish I can scrub it from my memory but if I can still remember some of 13 and 15 all these years later I guess my head is gonna be stuck with 1 more awful FF for a while.

I technically finished battle network 3 last night too but these games have beefy post game stuff I want to go through.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Put about 6-7 hours into Chained Echoes so far and I'm quite enjoying it. I don't think it's quite grabbed me like some of the excellent games I've played recently, but I don't hate it and I find myself wanting to keep going, so that can't be a bad thing. But the game definitely needs to get some wind in its sails at this point.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I've actually got a decent head-start this time around... maybe I'll actually manage to beat all of the games on my plate this time?

1. Exoprimal
2. Remnant II
3. Dungeon Travelers 2
4. Pikmin 4
5. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Put about 6-7 hours into Chained Echoes so far and I'm quite enjoying it. I don't think it's quite grabbed me like some of the excellent games I've played recently, but I don't hate it and I find myself wanting to keep going, so that can't be a bad thing. But the game definitely needs to get some wind in its sails at this point.
Where are you at in it? I thought the beginning was the slowest and toughest part to get through because it's very story and cutscene heavy early on. I completed most stuff in the game in the end but there's definitely a point in the middle-ish that did a good job reinvigorating things and got me excited to do a lot more.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Game #2 completed. Mighty Gunvolt Burst was my continued trek through Inti Creates games. And it's my favorite one so far. Replayed every level 2+ times to get 100% of the items and just had a solid time doing it. The only "problem", which I don't see as such, is you can make yourself really overpowered if you get everything and play enough so the difficulty really was gone by like the third or fourth stage and by the end I was burning most all bosses down in like four seconds.

I have remaining Dead Cells, Street Fighter V, and Assassin's Creed Valhalla's first DLC.
Do you have any goals in Dead Cell? I mean it's a rogue like game which is pretty much endless. Do you plan to beat the last boss and you are done?
It's been long time since I last played it, I never managed to get to the last boss, yet I have bought all dlcs for the game but never played it again 😆

I have already finished four games and started on my fifth game which is the second game of Trails in the Sky. This game will take long time to finish 🙂

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Where are you at in it? I thought the beginning was the slowest and toughest part to get through because it's very story and cutscene heavy early on. I completed most stuff in the game in the end but there's definitely a point in the middle-ish that did a good job reinvigorating things and got me excited to do a lot more.
I just got to…

The part where the party falls into the canyon and splits into three. I’m just going through each of the group’s story now.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I just got to…

The part where the party falls into the canyon and splits into three. I’m just going through each of the group’s story now.
Oh, you're much earlier than I expected. I know you said six or seven hours in but I couldn't really place where that puts you in the story and for some reason I thought you might be further through Act 1. Then again I just checked and my time in the game was around 43 hours (though as noted I did a bunch of optional content and completed most things).

Do you have any goals in Dead Cell? I mean it's a rogue like game which is pretty much endless. Do you plan to beat the last boss and you are done?
It's been long time since I last played it, I never managed to get to the last boss, yet I have bought all dlcs for the game but never played it again 😆

I have already finished four games and started on my fifth game which is the second game of Trails in the Sky. This game will take long time to finish 🙂
Largely just beating the last boss is enough for me. I don't know much about Dead Cells outside of my own experience in the game so I'm not sure if there's some greater completion thing like with Hades having a proper ending after you beat it like ten times. If Dead Cells has a similar thing where there's a story sort of reason to beat it multiple times then I might look to do more full runs.

When I played it years ago I got to the last boss and got close to killing it but I figure with all the time between then and now I'm going to somewhat feel like I'm starting fresh (beyond having some minimal upgrades from before). I only had around seven hours in the game so I'm still quite early in that regard.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Glad to say my plan so far is working out. Managed to complete 3/5 games so far, Koa releases next week which gives me 1 week to finish it before BG3 releases, since after that I'm pretty sure I won't have the time to play anything else.

1 - Temtem [~113h][Played flawlessly on the Deck] - It's a good game but I felt pretty burned out by the time the main story ended. It has some neat ideas but they need a lot more variety of pets and moves for a game and world that big. Still mark it as a triumph and a must play for those who enjoy creature collecting games. The online features don't affect the main single-player game at all but I can see the post game content being a grinding slog.
2 - Alwa's Legay [~8h][Played flawlessly on the Deck] - Sequel to Alwa's Awakening that I enjoyed but perhaps not as much as the original. Maybe I'm misremembering but I believe the original marked items and pickups on your map while the sequel doesn't, and while I enjoy 100% the maps in these types of games, I'm not going to search every screen and dungeon up and down and hump every wall in search of secrets. Mark on the map, or at least let me mark them.
3 - Linelith [~2h][PC] - Took a lot less time than what I was hoping for. It's a game about completing puzzles and finding hidden puzzles. You can say it's a poor man's The Witness without the pretentiousness.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Glad to say my plan so far is working out. Managed to complete 3/5 games so far, Koa releases next week which gives me 1 week to finish it before BG3 releases, since after that I'm pretty sure I won't have the time to play anything else.

1 - Temtem [~113h][Played flawlessly on the Deck] - It's a good game but I felt pretty burned out by the time the main story ended. It has some neat ideas but they need a lot more variety of pets and moves for a game and world that big. Still mark it as a triumph and a must play for those who enjoy creature collecting games. The online features don't affect the main single-player game at all but I can see the post game content being a grinding slog.
2 - Alwa's Legay [~8h][Played flawlessly on the Deck] - Sequel to Alwa's Awakening that I enjoyed but perhaps not as much as the original. Maybe I'm misremembering but I believe the original marked items and pickups on your map while the sequel doesn't, and while I enjoy 100% the maps in these types of games, I'm not going to search every screen and dungeon up and down and hump every wall in search of secrets. Mark on the map, or at least let me mark them.
3 - Linelith [~2h][PC] - Took a lot less time than what I was hoping for. It's a game about completing puzzles and finding hidden puzzles. You can say it's a poor man's The Witness without the pretentiousness.
You sure Alwa's Legacy doesn't show items on map? I thought it did and in a screenshot I see it gives the region's secret percentage but I also saw dots on spots on the map. Is that something else?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
You sure Alwa's Legacy doesn't show items on map? I thought it did and in a screenshot I see it gives the region's secret percentage but I also saw dots on spots on the map. Is that something else?
It shows the items you've already picked up and even then it's only the major items needed for progression.
There's blue orbs, green gems and red petal needed to upgrade spells, mobility and hp, respectively, that won't show. What I'm asking is for a small mark on the map, in rooms you've previously visited, that indicates something unpicked is over there. I'd be happy if this feature was tied to a secret item hidden somewhere, it's a pretty common feature in exploration platformers nowadays that I can't understand why it's not present here. Such a simple QoL feature with such a negative impact... It's a shame.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Completed Sanitarium. The ending is completely out of tone with the rest of the game. I have more questions than answers.

Thats 2/5.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Got about 15-16 hours into Chained Echoes, finished the first act, and I've dropped it.

The game isn't bad at all, but it failed to grab me and I think the world exploration and gameplay mechanics of the mechs started to feel less natural and more contrived. Like every area is a giant exercise in tedium and I felt the seams between a created game world and an engrossing experience were too visible, thus killing how engrossing the game is.

The story was intriguing, but not enough to really make me want to finish. So I've dropped that and I'm playing R&C Rift Apart instead.

Also for health reasons I've made the decision to remove Vertigo II from my list. I haven't decided what I'm gonna replace it with yet, but I think Vertigo II will be played in my October Blitz.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
My games:
  • Star Wars: Jedi Survivor (PS5)
  • The Ascent: Cyber Heist (Steam)
  • Trepang2 (Steam)
  • The Magnificent Trufflepigs (Steam)
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PS5)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Crossposting from another thread since it actually all relates to blitz too:

Finished Regency Solitaire! I have a few nitpicks/qol things that I hope they improve upon in the sequel. For example, you can't restart a given hand directly from the menu. Like say, if you're about halfway done with your deck but only managed to remove one or two cards, your best option is to just click click click through the rest of your deck and then retry from the result screen. On the flipside of that is that you can get jokers and wildcards from the deck too, so you could potentially miss some of those if you were able to restart more easily. The other option is to quit back to main menu and then continue, which then also restarts the hand. The thing is, it doesn't even take long to flip through your entire deck if you want, so it's not about the wasted time in that sense. Other small things like that, that aren't super important but seem like such obvious things to me.

One other thing to mention, and this is just a general thing in all games... difficulty achievements need to stack down. That's just common sense, come on.

Still also flipping houses. I actually enjoy the odd jobs more so far, the checklist nature of those just works for me. Flipping houses is more work, and I have to actually think about what I'm doing a bit.

Going to start Darksiders Genesis next.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Game #4 done
Koa and the Five Pirates of Mara - I backed this on KS since I was craving a 3D platformer and this seemed like something similar to A Hat in Time which I thoroughly enjoyed. Well it's not... It's level based and not world based, it has speedrun mechanics and very basic environmental puzzles and secrets. It's not necessarily bad for what it is but it's not what I was expecting and that's what left a sour taste. If you ever get this be sure to keep your expectations in check.

On to BG3 next. Let's see if 2 months is enough to finish it.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
That's R&C Rift Apart done and dusted.

As good as it was two years ago on PS5. A few technical issues aside, all of which will be patched out, this is an outstanding port of an outstanding game. I encourage you all to check it out.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Finished Battle Network 4. I still can't remember if I played this one back in the day or not but if I did I purged it from my memory and for good reason. It's the shortest game in the series by a wide margin because they expect you to replay it 2 more times to unlock everything including the post game content. Due to this decision the game feels wildly neutered compared to some of the others. You barely get enough time to evolve your chip folder without cheating and using lottery codes online or downloaded chips. The entire progression of the game is cut down to the barest minimum.

Also the end dungeon was pure hell. You have to follow a precise route across numerous panels and in each room the paths get more winding and the timer you have to do it gets extremely tight to the point where if you make a single misstep you have to restart. That's also a big reason I won't replay this.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Will try to add my games for the Blitz today

Alright, here go my picks. Already started HL CAGED

• Half-Life: Caged
  • Terminator Resistance
  • Ashen
  • Below
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Last edited: