Community Backlog Blitz Season 18 - Runs January 1 through March 31 with a cash prize raffle at the end

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
We just finished a successful seventeenth season of the Backlog Blitz. We've made it into another year and here's to many more! If you've been here from the start and completed all your games each time then you're up to 85 completed backlog games! I usually compare our seasonal run to TV shows but it turns out we're high enough that we don't have that many milestones to pass and we won't see another until season twenty. Take that TV! We had 18 participants again with 88 game goals set (-1 change) and 59 of them were completed (-2 change). Congrats on clearing out those backlogs! The rate of completion stayed largely the same so at least we're consistent. With the holiday season and some last quarter game releases we still managed to get those games completed. Congrats to The_Inquisitor for winning the raffle. They don't post here but they were alerted through Discord. Give them their congrats here or on Discord if you share a server. They got the win for completing New Tales from the Borderlands which they hated. But at least it's not in the backlog!

It's a brand new year and if you're into the whole setting resolutions thing then time to resolve to complete twenty more backlog games. This is a really stacked first quarter with a lot of big games and frequent releases so I wish you luck. Don't let those backlogs go ignored! Perhaps it's time to clear out the prior games before the big sequels start hitting in these first few months.

The spreadsheet has been updated, the prize pool has been reset. We'll start with $20.00 but chipping in is always welcome. The details to do so will be posted separately within the thread soon after we get started.

Pick your games accordingly!

What it is:

It's a simple way to clear out some backlog games. You select a number of specific games you want to complete and if you complete them in a set time frame you have a chance to pick a game of your choice within the prize limits.

Rules:

First off, there is no time limit on when you can join. If you come in late and only have a month left please feel free to join. Even one completed game will get you entered into the raffle detailed below.

Everyone shares the same rules so an agreed amount of time would be set (three months this time) and then a set amount of games you want to complete in that time (been using five games). You then pick your specific five games with the intention that you don't go changing it all the time. The idea isn't that once you beat some game you go and list it and mark it complete. Instead, you pick five games to complete at the start of the Blitz and ideally you complete them as well as anything else you want to finish in that time.

Prize:

In the end, I suggest a prize pool and a simple raffle done. I always chip in $20 to start it and accept any other additions. Raffle winners must use at least half but can go up to the full price of a game (capped at $60 if the prize pool gets large enough). Leftover goes to the next drawn winner until it gets down to $0 (or close enough at which point I'll just add it to the next Blitz).

Thoughts?

There's no entry fee or anything so there's really no loss for taking part or starting it and then ignoring it. It's just a fun way to clear out backlog games and have discussion about what you're completing. And commiserate if you pick a game you don't enjoy and sour one of your spots on your list.

I created the Google Sheet so feel free to add yourself and games:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I changed to a hide until replied as I think some people had issues with the hide until reacted. Ask any questions and sorry for those that already posted their new lists in the previous thread. Feel free to just post it again here as we continue for the next three months here.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
As always, I'm in.
(Actually, I'm already 3/5) :steam_pig_shocked:
  • Picross e3
  • Jusant
  • The Song of Saya
  • Ghost Trick
  • Flowers -Le volume sur automne-

Last edited:
Reactions: KainXVIII

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
In
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Offroad Mania
  • ARMA 2
  • Comanche 4
  • Heliborne Collection

Played Offroad Mania and finished the first 10 Levels. The physics are very fun to experiment with. Changing between high and low gear adds a nice depth to it, too.
You can collect trophies in each levels which aren't needed to finish the level but you need them to unlock new cars.
Definitely a lot of content too. Hundreds of levels, various gamemodes, and stuff to collect and unlock.
I've had my fun with it but not in the mood for more. So, one game down.

Oh God, started up Heliborne Collection. Had the game installed for years and it always looked interesting to me.
Problem is, I wanted a 3D modern Desert Strike arcade helicopter shooter with a campy campaign. But this is entirely focused on online/coop.
Terrrrrrible for what I want. Deleted.
One good thing from the Blitz, I am actually trying games I had my eyes on for so long.

Alrighty, time numero tres. Comanche 4. It's an old one, and defo arcadey. No widescreen or high-resolution support. But the gameplay is still fun tbh.
If a bit janky but hey, what do you expect from such an old game. Tried the first level but nope, it's not grabbing me. Still, I'm glad I finally got to play it.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Nobody expects the Greece Inquisition!

I'm in of course. I'll move some games over from last round, going to post full list later after I think about it a bit.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Picks for this Blitz:
  • Webbed
  • Lust Academy
  • Marco & The Galaxy Dragon
  • Rabi-Ribi
  • Stardew Valley
Previously started all of these but Marco before but will probably start over on most. Stardew Valley I started fresh last night just to get a feel for it again. Only played a single day but after I get deeper I'll have a better sense of what I'll use to consider it completed since there's no true end point.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
In. Too many choices so I may swap between things down the road.

• Marvel's Midnight Suns
  • One Piece Odyssey
  • Mafia: Definitive Edition
  • Nights of Azure
  • Redemption Reapers

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Alright, here's my list.

Hellblade
Alundra
Trine 3
Filament
Afterimage

I'm bringing Hellblade, Alundra and Trine 3 over from before (though I did swap 2 of them out at the last minute last month), and am adding Afterimage and Filament. Technically Afterimage was one of the games I swapped in last month, but hey.
These are both recently bought, from the current sale that is, and I plan to start with Afterimage since it's 2023 game so I might put it on a top 5 list if I like it enough.
Filament's been on my wishlist for a while now, decided to finally buy it. It looks right up my alley.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Hopefully 2024 allows for more games completed

New list:
Doom Eternal
Robocop: Rogue City
Turok Dinosaur Hunter

edit: Ion Fury Aftershock
Rage

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Got some bangers for this Blitz:
  • Alan Wake II (completed 2 January)
  • The Expanse: The Telltale Series (completed 9 January)
  • The Talos Principle 2 (completed 29 January)
  • Moss: Book II (completed 14 January)
  • Persona 3 Reload
Finished Alan Wake II just before writing this. Absolutely amazing game!

Last edited:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I've been looking forward to a new blitz for a while. All I've been doing is playing Mind Over Magic, Satisfactory, and The Finals, while ignoring my backlog.

1. Lies of P -- it's new, and I planned to play it right away since I spent a bit more for it. However, I can see it already fading to backlog hell.
2. Aliens: Dark Descent -- been procrastinating this one, because it's so intense.
3. Cassette Beasts -- started playing this a long time ago and dropped it for no reason. Will start it over.
4. Prodeus -- I have a bunch of shooters, this will be the first to get off the backlog. Also starting over.
5. ???

Reactions: KainXVIII and C-Dub

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
I'm trying to use my Steam Deck more, so let's give it a try, since It's my first time here.

Danganronpa 2
Elden Ring
Dark Pictures: Man of Medan
The Walking Dead: The Final Season
Resident Evil 2 (Remake)

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Just completed Freedom Fighters. For a 20 years old game it's very fun and by the time you are commanding 10 units the game feels more like Overlord instead of an old school third person shooter. It's the first game of the season.

I just realized I didnt post the games here, so they are:

*Freedom Fighters
*Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
*Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Dry Twice
*Assassin's Creed Rogue
*GRID (2019)

Next should be Hellblade, I hope the RX 6700 holds up.

Last edited:

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Entering with these games (for now):
  • Alundra
  • Eviternity I (32-level megawad for Doom 2)
  • Disco Elysium

• Comfy
Reactions: Parsnip

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Going with:

• Freedom Planet (Steam)
  • Super Mario RPG (Switch)
  • This Bed We Made (Steam)
  • Tangle Tower (Steam)
  • Hardspace Shipbreaker (Steam)

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I finished jedi survivor right before this started so I have to think of 1 more thing to add :weary-face:. Guess I'll do:

Honkai Star Rail
RE4 remake
Eternights (I swear I'll get to it this time...)
Starfield (lol I won't get to this)
FF7 Rebirth (as my 1 new game for this list)

• Blobxorcism
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I finished jedi survivor right before this started so I have to think of 1 more thing to add :weary-face:. Guess I'll do:

Honkai Star Rail
RE4 remake
Eternights (I swear I'll get to it this time...)
Starfield (lol I won't get to this)
FF7 Rebirth (as my 1 new game for this list)
I look forward to you reaching the end of whatever the content is in Honkai and then they add a bunch more in a patch a week before the Blitz ends.

• Blobxorcism
  • Toucan
Reactions: Derrick01 and C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Been playing my way through The Expanse and Moss Book II.

The Expanse is your classic Telltale/Deck Nine fare. It’s pretty good!

Moss II feels like a DLC pack for the first one. I don’t object too much, but I think it may wear thin by the end. Hopefully this is the final one, and they don’t leave it open for a Book III, because I’m not sure I can take another go around with this.
I look forward to you reaching the end of whatever the content is in Honkai and then they add a bunch more in a patch a week before the Blitz ends.
It feels like a self-inflicted wound to put a never ending game on a timed backlog clearing activity

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm going to mark it complete whenever I finish the content that's in there. I'm not going to worry about patches but chances are if I choose to stick with the game I'll probably clear anything new somewhat quick. From my understanding this isn't like genshin where a new area can add another 30+ hours of gameplay.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
That's The Expanse completed. Quite enjoyed that - no idea how involved "James S.A. Corey" was in this, but it was a nice little extra that takes place before the TV show. Worth a punt at £15 or whatever it cost me.

Still playing Moss Book II, but I don't want to go too hard with VR as I'm still not at 100% health and I don't want to make it worse, so only an hour or so a day with that. Going to start The Talos Principle II in the meantime.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I started Stardew with the understanding that at the end of year three your farm gets evaluated and would use that as a completion point since after the evaluation it can just be played forever. Thank god I was wrong and it's at the start of the third year because this game takes forever. I really had no idea what I was getting into. For a progress update I'm 5/8 complete and just reached Summer in the second year so I have three full seasons left to go. Summer will be a big month because I'll have completed the community center and will have maxed relationship with most everyone by the end of it. After that my goals really dwindle so I'll just be finding stuff to fill the last two seasons. Will probably have 80+ hours in the game by then.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Finished my first game of the list, Moonscars. Took me ~9h, played it on the deck LCD and it ran almost flawlessly (more hectic fights and/or loading some new zones caused noticeable stutter).
It's a weird game to talk about because it does a lot even though none of it is original, it feels like a collage of the best hits from various different games, mostly Dark Souls series, but it always felt like the implementation was lacking something. The combat felt weightless and there was never a sense of impact from your weapon or the enemies. Exploration isn't that rewarding, all you can find are little snippets of lore or currency that can only be used to upgrade spells or buy trinkets you won't use as it's very easy to fall into a set of items you like and there's no incentive to change them. The story starts off strong but eventually devolves into a somewhat cliche and predictable affair.
Overall the game is competent enough but hard to recommend if you're not into this style of gothic-melancholic action games with limited platforming/exploration.

Reactions: lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Good start for me - one game down Turok.
I do not miss this generation of console shooters at all, where it still tries to take the maze like layout of the PC shooters (Doom, Duke3d) and limits story but can't render out very far so I'm only able to see about 20 feet in front of me before fog of war cuts off the rest of the map.
Oh, and the headbob, what was iguana thinking? Does Turok not have neck muscles? Unless youre stumbling around over a recent landslide, your wouldn't notice that much head movement while running, induced a bit of motion sickness here and there.

Somewhat enjoyable,, where every weapon except the knife and pistol is basically a nuclear weapon. That said, unless Im going to goof around with cheats, I don't see myself playing this again for a long while.

Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I finished Afterimage.

It's pretty good overall, but a bit too long to be honest. I have some minor clean up left in form of couple of achievements that I looked up how to do. Not interested in the Boss Rush mode so going to skip that entirely, luckily no achievements are tied to it. :longswordblob2:

Then I'll probably start Alundra.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Finally finished Stardew Valley after nearly 90 hours. I'm counting completion at the end of the second year when your "farm" gets evaluated. I completed the majority of things so it's a good spot to stop anyhow with maxed all relationships, max farm ranking, completed all bundles, and unlocked most all side content locations and did plenty in most of them. I feel more than done and ready to move on because by the end the game felt fairly average. I really hadn't kept up with the game but knew how loved it was so I just went in expecting a lot more. Instead it's largely the worst sort of grinding gameplay that people hate on but for some reason it's really cool here? Crops of course take time and maintenance but so does most other things like the weeks it takes to build relationships, constantly hoarding all the gift items you need for those, tons of stuff rely on low percentage drop rates, etc. It's just a lot of fairly boring gameplay (the combat, fishing, farming, etc. isn't that fun to actually do) that's done while waiting for time to pass so you can just do more of it.

I do appreciate how well designed everything is in providing information (TV stations, chatting with people, uncovering secret notes, digging for books, etc.) but if things were sped up and it all took half the time that'd improve my thoughts a lot. But also if there was just more depth to some of the systems and the UI had more convenient features built into it that would help things, too.

Glad to be done.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Finally finished Stardew Valley after nearly 90 hours. I'm counting completion at the end of the second year when your "farm" gets evaluated. I completed the majority of things so it's a good spot to stop anyhow with maxed all relationships, max farm ranking, completed all bundles, and unlocked most all side content locations and did plenty in most of them. I feel more than done and ready to move on because by the end the game felt fairly average. I really hadn't kept up with the game but knew how loved it was so I just went in expecting a lot more. Instead it's largely the worst sort of grinding gameplay that people hate on but for some reason it's really cool here? Crops of course take time and maintenance but so does most other things like the weeks it takes to build relationships, constantly hoarding all the gift items you need for those, tons of stuff rely on low percentage drop rates, etc. It's just a lot of fairly boring gameplay (the combat, fishing, farming, etc. isn't that fun to actually do) that's done while waiting for time to pass so you can just do more of it.

I do appreciate how well designed everything is in providing information (TV stations, chatting with people, uncovering secret notes, digging for books, etc.) but if things were sped up and it all took half the time that'd improve my thoughts a lot. But also if there was just more depth to some of the systems and the UI had more convenient features built into it that would help things, too.

Glad to be done.
I admire anyone who can put more than a dozen hours into that game and not hate themselves and everything around them. I found it to be an absolute chore to play.

This might be a little extreme, but I remember I was so put out by how much I disliked it that I got a little depressed and didn’t play anything for a month.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I admire anyone who can put more than a dozen hours into that game and not hate themselves and everything around them. I found it to be an absolute chore to play.

This might be a little extreme, but I remember I was so put out by how much I disliked it that I got a little depressed and didn’t play anything for a month.
I really don't get the love it has. There are probably mods I could have installed that would have helped some with either adding depth where it was needed or improved the UI (like I'd have loved it if there was a UI pop up anytime a relationship meter went up a heart instead of me constantly having to flip through menus to check where things were at). Just a ton of convenience things that could have been done to make thing more pleasant to play through. But even without that it wouldn't have made the actual gameplay better and most of it was fairly boring. Discovering new stuff was interesting but that quickly would deflate once you began interacting with the new stuff or it was just more of the same (so many combat dungeons).

Guess I'm glad I got the full experience since now I know what it's all about but for every pro there's a con. It's really quite average across the board.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I really don't get the love it has. There are probably mods I could have installed that would have helped some with either adding depth where it was needed or improved the UI (like I'd have loved it if there was a UI pop up anytime a relationship meter went up a heart instead of me constantly having to flip through menus to check where things were at). Just a ton of convenience things that could have been done to make thing more pleasant to play through. But even without that it wouldn't have made the actual gameplay better and most of it was fairly boring. Discovering new stuff was interesting but that quickly would deflate once you began interacting with the new stuff or it was just more of the same (so many combat dungeons).

Guess I'm glad I got the full experience since now I know what it's all about but for every pro there's a con. It's really quite average across the board.
I think it boils down to being in the right place at the right time. I also played it many moons ago had a bit of fun but didn't get the love and my takeaway was that the target audience was starved for something like that. I may be misremembering things but, unlike nowadays, there were barely any farming sims back then, so any decently competent release in that genre was scheduled to be a winner.
Plus we also have to add the factor that not everything suits everyone's tastes. I'll never understand the love bethesda stuff gets for instance (except morrowind) but I've made my peace that those games aren't for me so I don't even bother with them.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Tick another one off, Moss Book II is complete.

I quite enjoyed this one in the end. I had some misgivings at the start that it'd be more of the same, but then they shook the gameplay up with some new weapons that also impacted the puzzles, and the game really came into its own after that.

Just The Talos Principle II and Persona 3 Reload left to go. Might even have time to play something else between them.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I get a little hankering for Stardew every now and then, and play a season or two and get it out my system. I think I have gone to 2nd year once.

Anyway, started Alundra.
Movement is a bit clunkier than I remembered. Soundtrack's still great.
"Localization" seems absolutely terrible.

From wikipedia, "Working Designs became known for their incorporating quirky, distinctively American humor in their translations. President Victor Ireland maintained that the company has always adhered as closely to the original Japanese text as they could while making it understandable to U.S. audiences, and said the addition of American-style humor was necessary to replace Japanese jokes which most Americans would not be able to understand."

And I mean I'm not in the "literal translation or death" camp, but so far it's been pretty terrible to be honest. Quick googling around about regional differences seems to suggest that the Working Designs folk seemed to think the original Japanese was drab, so they basically invented personalities for some of the Inoa villagers, for example. I guess they are pretty infamous for this stuff too, I just never looked into it. I guess back when I originally played it I didn't think it stood out in any way since I didn't remember anything like this. But now, yeah.
Shame that there hasn't been a relocalization romhack for Alundra in all these years. I guess it wasn't popular enough.

Also the amazing gradient background for the weapon and item slot is just perfect.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I get a little hankering for Stardew every now and then, and play a season or two and get it out my system. I think I have gone to 2nd year once.

Anyway, started Alundra.
Movement is a bit clunkier than I remembered. Soundtrack's still great.
"Localization" seems absolutely terrible.

From wikipedia, "Working Designs became known for their incorporating quirky, distinctively American humor in their translations. President Victor Ireland maintained that the company has always adhered as closely to the original Japanese text as they could while making it understandable to U.S. audiences, and said the addition of American-style humor was necessary to replace Japanese jokes which most Americans would not be able to understand."

And I mean I'm not in the "literal translation or death" camp, but so far it's been pretty terrible to be honest. Quick googling around about regional differences seems to suggest that the Working Designs folk seemed to think the original Japanese was drab, so they basically invented personalities for some of the Inoa villagers, for example. I guess they are pretty infamous for this stuff too, I just never looked into it. I guess back when I originally played it I didn't think it stood out in any way since I didn't remember anything like this. But now, yeah.
Shame that there hasn't been a relocalization romhack for Alundra in all these years. I guess it wasn't popular enough.

Also the amazing gradient background for the weapon and item slot is just perfect.
I remember being wowed by Working Designs because all the talk was how they brought over Japanese RPGs we'd never get otherwise so they were great folks and all that. And then I got the opportunity to play through a handful of the games they brought over and I was constantly annoyed by all the jokes and references. Certainly a style of localization I didn't care for. I do get that puns and Japanese-specific references do need completely changed to work but they seemed to go well beyond that, too. Your above example shows that well.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I remember being wowed by Working Designs because all the talk was how they brought over Japanese RPGs we'd never get otherwise so they were great folks and all that. And then I got the opportunity to play through a handful of the games they brought over and I was constantly annoyed by all the jokes and references. Certainly a style of localization I didn't care for. I do get that puns and Japanese-specific references do need completely changed to work but they seemed to go well beyond that, too. Your above example shows that well.
Yeah.
It's even worse because Alundra is otherwise tonally quite bleak, so surfer dude bro and other jokes along the same lines stand out even more.

Jav

Sep 17, 2019
I finished the first game of my list, Danganronpa 2, not only that but also:

And honestly thanks to the Steam Deck, if the game wasn't compatible I probably would have quit much earlier, because the extra modes are a waste of time, but the ability to play on the go has made it much more enjoyable.

Reactions: ganmo and C-Dub

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Prodeus today. Whew. I'd give it a good overall review. There were definitely things that I didn't like, but most of that is subjective. It makes me want to play more boomer shooters, but on to Aliens: Dark Descent next. Feels great to have 2 games down already this year. Thanks, Backlog Blitz!

Jav

Sep 17, 2019
Man of Medan completed, this was an easier one after 50h of Danganronpa 2.

On another note, Elden Ring is kicking my ass and an unexpected contender for my time has appeared, yes, I'm talking about Palworld.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Second Blitz game completed with Webbed. Pretty short, just over four hours with collecting most everything. It was fine? Just above average but nothing too great. I wanted to like it more, and the swinging and web creation stuff was some pretty solid fun, but a lot of the game is based on getting objects pushed into spots and the mechanics for that really kind of sucks. So half good, half bad, but ultimately enjoyed swinging around in the latter half which has a lot more exploration and platforming.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Just finished Hellblade. It's a third person walking simulator puzzle action game. I didnt care about the story. I'm not a big fan of games that try their best to annoy players. One of the bosses is so spongy for a moment I thought the game glitched after hitting it for almost 10 minutes. I know games like this (like Lisa) have their fans, I'm not one of them. Good luck trying to get all collectibles, many times you cant backtrack and if you miss something you wont get a second chance. Play it at you own risk.

Two games out of five.

ganmo

My Neighbour Totoro
Dec 10, 2018
Just finished Hellblade. It's a third person walking simulator puzzle action game. I didnt care about the story. I'm not a big fan of games that try their best to annoy players. One of the bosses is so spongy for a moment I thought the game glitched after hitting it for almost 10 minutes. I know games like this (like Lisa) have their fans, I'm not one of them. Good luck trying to get all collectibles, many times you cant backtrack and if you miss something you wont get a second chance. Play it at you own risk.

Two games out of five.
Hah, you are the opposite of me. I didn't care about the puzzle mechanics, actually annoyed me a lot, especially the part where things disappears/appears when going through those "portals" :p

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Hah, you are the opposite of me. I didn't care about the puzzle mechanics, actually annoyed me a lot, especially the part where things disappears/appears when going through those "portals" :p
IMHO those puzzles were the best part of the game. Not the one where you roam in a pitch black room though. Enemies spawning behind you and getting a free hit that darkens and distort your view were the worst.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
After 65h I've finally finished Expeditons Rome and it couldn't have come soon enough. The game is decent, although nothing spectacular, but truth be told there's not enough content or depth to warrant it being that long, you see everything there is to see in the first 10-15h. After that the game just becomes a power fantasy where you mow through your enemies like a hot knife through butter, even in the hardest difficulty. Tactical rpgs should keep you on alert for the whole playthrough and not allow you to auto-pilot throughout over more than half the content.
I'm also not entirely sure your choices throughout the whole campaign matter that much since my ending seemed to boil down to show the consequences of the last couple of dialog choices... but I have no willpower to look it up. I'm done and I'm putting it behind me.

Jav

Sep 17, 2019
I'm more or less halfway through Elden Ring, I got lost and the beginning was kind of a mess but because of that I farmed levels while trying to figure out where to go and most of the bosses went by like a breeze. Until Malenia though, I think I'll be stuck with her for a while.

Jav

Sep 17, 2019
Finished The Walking Dead final season, it was cool seeing it end after all these years but I think I was ready for it to be over. It was a good cleanser to play between Elden Ring sessions.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
And glad I did. Aftershock was a lot of fun. More Ion Fury, but snack-sized.
Whets the appetite for the UE1-powered sequel. If you enjoyed the original, you'll enjoy this.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I finished star rail just in time for them to add an entire new region and chapter lol. I'm going to go through that as well but for now I'm marking it completed so I can start something else. I've put like 150 hours into the damn thing already.

Also I'm swapping out starfield in my list for TLOU part 1. No time for something as long as that.