Community Backlog Blitz Season 2 - Runs January 1 through March 31 with a raffle at the end

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Yup, that forum feature is broken on my end as well.
You should bookmark the sheet. :)

I haven't started any of my games yet, been cramming some goty contenders in before the voting.
Or if you just go to Google Sheets: Free Online Spreadsheets for Personal Use it should show up as a recent spreadsheet? That's my bookmark since I use multiple Google Sheets most days and just hop between them easily.

Deleted member 113

Finished game number 2, Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard. :)

Ok, so this game was very short (I spend like 90-100 minutes with it).
The next 3 games should take me a lot more, especially Vampyr.

I'll still be spending some time more with Frog Detective 2, to get the missing achievements.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. What a great game! I always forget how next level the character models and animations are in these games -- the environments are so detailed, and everything is just a joy to experience. I spent way too much time in photo mode. I never liked Chloe much before this, but I appreciate her much more now. There were some really nice character moments for both her and Nadine in what was essentially just a treasure hunt adventure.

This is why Backlog Blitz is cool -- I had to force myself to start both Disco and Lost Legacy and stick with them, but once I pushed through and got going, both games were way more fun and engaging than when I'm tempted to drop and start something new. Thanks Backlog Blitz!

Onto Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which could go great or very, very poorly. Reviews seem very mixed.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I think SaGa Scarlet Grace is gonna give me RPG burnout so I may hold off on DA Origin for a while, but otherwise, I'll aim to finish SaGa SG over th enxt couple of weeks.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And with Resident Evil Revelations complete that's two of five complete for this Blitz. Two of my games are already set as my monthly games so I can't go through them until February and March. Yakuza 3 remains, then. I'll return to that soon enough but Resident Evil Revelations 2 is my next game.

Reactions: lashman

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'm already at 4/5. Maybe I should've picked longer games.

At any rate, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore is out this Friday, so I will be spending quite a bit of time on that over the next 3-4 weeks, I think. I tried to play it on the Wii U back in the day but I kinda trailed off, so I'm eager to get back into it.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Finally finished the (base game) Witcher 3, if only the end epilogue hadn't frozen I'd have known what Dandelion said happened to the world. Am going to assume Nilfgaard took over but the queen in Skellige ruled well. And for the next blitz, the two expansion. Now on to my other games

Reactions: xinek

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Beat the epilogue mission in Nioh. There would be DLC but since I saw credits already I consider the game done. Enjoyed it a lot. However it overstays its welcome a bit though that might be because I did every side mission. But I also did the most important thing: found every Kodama

Edit.: Changed Chasm to Bladed Fury because I didn't enjoy the former in the two hours I played it

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I'm sorry for your loss of time.
Honestly, the game pulled a bait and switch when the first chapters could be played as a stealth game, then all of a sudden the game turns into Resident Evil 4 1.1, even reusing some of the same enemies. Not a bad game, but more mediocre than good.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Honestly, the game pulled a bait and switch when the first chapters could be played as a stealth game, then all of a sudden the game turns into Resident Evil 4 1.1, even reusing some of the same enemies. Not a bad game, but more mediocre than good.
Around Chapter 6 or 7 I turned on god mode and infinite weapons and the game became much more enjoyable. I really just wanted the story so I could go into The Evil Within 2, which I ended up loving.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I haven't started any of my blitz games yet, but now that I'm done with the goty voting it's time to dig in.

Will probably start with Republique since I'm still also playing Spyro 3 so I don't want to mix another third person platformer thing there with Psychonauts.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Around Chapter 6 or 7 I turned on god mode and infinite weapons and the game became much more enjoyable. I really just wanted the story so I could go into The Evil Within 2, which I ended up loving.
Nah, I managed to endure everything, killing all the bosses I encountered. I even had to reload an old save when I realized the killer fish was immortal and I had already shot at least a dozen of explosive bolts on it. BTW, you could have changed difficulty on the menu, but this cannot be reversed.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
And that's VA-11 HALL-A done too. Man, I didn't know that I was this close to finishing it in my first playthrough, still, I'm glad I started it over. 8.5 / 10.

Reactions: Kvik

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Republique, so that's first game done.
Not sure which I'll play next.
Maybe Axiom Verge.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I swapped out Nantucket for Kane and Lynch 2. I only bough Nantucket during the christmas sale, too new. Went back to 2016.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I finished Witcher 2 a few days ago :)
That's a fine game.

My Blitz is slightly on hold as I decided I'd play through the Kingdom Hearts series outside of the Blitz. Finished Final Mix this weekend and about a third of the way through Chain of Memories right now.

I have three more Blitz games here and one Blitz game elsewhere. I think I'll be just fine on time with the only really lengthy game being Yakuza 3, and I've already started it.

Reactions: Deku

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I have finished game #1, VA-11 Hall-A. It was awesome.
Am in the final region in Nioh, so I suspect I'll finish that one in a weekend or two as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
A day late but a reminder that we're now one of three months complete. I know some people are making big progress on their lists, but this is a moment to do a personal progress check to see how you're faring. Feel like you're at least 1/3 of the way through the time needed to finish your list? Get to it!

I'm at 2 of 5 completed. Yakuza 3 will be a long one, that I've started, I need to make sure I set the time aside for. My other two games are set as February and March games so I was holding off. February I have Agents of Mayhem to complete and Bioshock 2 (and Minerva's Den) await me in March.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I have finished just one of the five so far, but I'm well into Axiom Verge so I'm almost 2 out of 5.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
3 out of 5. playing through Assassins Creed Luiberation HD, I played one chapter of Tales from the Borderlands.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I'm at 1/5 but in the middle of all other 4 games, haha. I keep alternating between them (not deliberately), so I guess I'll be done with all others at about the same time.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I've done 4/5 already. At this point I'm just waiting until I have more than an hour or two to really get into Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore. Once I get over the hump of the opening hours then I can just grind away at the game for an hour or two each day and beat it in a few weeks.

I love JRPGs, at least on paper. I just never have time to play them anymore.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Axiom Verge, so now I'm 2/5.
Marked Psychonauts and Jacob Jones as my next two and will leave Vagrant Story last.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I have finished Blue Reflection, the second longest game on my list.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Currently playing Saint's Row 4. Story-wise I think I am more than halfway through the game. There are bunch of sidequests to do, but they are like hacking stores, destroy alien controlled places and such, which you otherwise will do anyway when exploring the map.

I think I might be finishing it soon if I focus on the story. But there are so many stuff to collect

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Game 2.5 done, Phoenix Wright games are just my comfort food. Onwards to the second part in duology.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
And I'm done with Psychonauts. Did everything, collected everything.
Ready for the sequel (though I guess should watch Rombus from youtube).
It's a little rough around the edges but still mostly fun. The PC version is also mostly fine. if barebones.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Finished Nioh yesterday and Into the Fray today - I did say I played them all simultaneously, lol.
That's 4/5 with Battle Chef Brigade remaining - where I think I'm about 2/3 done.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Finished Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery Episodes 1 and 2!
And so I only have Vagrant Story left from my blitz, hltb places it anywhere between 23 and 77 hours, I think I can manage that in one and half months.
Though I think I'll take a little break from blitz games for a bit and play some AC Odyssey DLC.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Finished SOMA, and I wish I hadn't waited this long to play it. Atmosphere and existentialism through the roof, not quite as scary as the first Amnesia. Only really one or two truly scary section, but that tension was thick and suffocating and I loved it.
One thing though, as someone who takes that line of the Toronto subway a lot, that is not what the TTC is like at all. :ROFLMAO:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I'm thinking of replacing Battle Chef Brigade with something else. I'm not really enjoying it anymore. I should like it on papar, but it's getting too stressful.
A shame because I really love the world, characters and artstyle. But there's no easy mode and no working cheat tables as far as I found and I really don't feel like forcing myself to continue.

Not yet sure whith what to replace it though - I'm playing a bunch of games right now, but not sure if it'd feel right swapping one of them in since I'm already playing them anyway.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I'm thinking of replacing Battle Chef Brigade with something else. I'm not really enjoying it anymore. I should like it on papar, but it's getting too stressful.
A shame because I really love the world, characters and artstyle. But there's no easy mode and no working cheat tables as far as I found and I really don't feel like forcing myself to continue.

Not yet sure whith what to replace it though - I'm playing a bunch of games right now, but not sure if it'd feel right swapping one of them in since I'm already playing them anyway.
I have a side list (that often overlaps with Blitz games) of games to play each month that I started in the past and moved on, but I had enjoyed my time with the game. Do you have any games like that? Something you need that excuse to return to?

On that note I finished Agents of Mayhem today. That was my February game and leaves me with three Blitz games remaining out of my ten for the two Blitzes I take part in.

Reactions: Ascheroth