Community Backlog Blitz Season 20 - Runs July 1 through September 30 with a cash prize raffle at the end

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
We just finished a successful nineteenth season of the Backlog Blitz. Halfway through the year and things seem like they sort of were quieter this last quarter? Sure, you've got your big Elden Ring DLC but otherwise it seems it was a good time to clear out those backlogs. If you've been here from the start and completed all your games each time then you're up to 95 completed backlog games! We have now bested Lassie for number of seasons running. Anyone remember Lassie? What's that, girl? Timmy hasn't completed games from his backlog and is now the shame of his community? Timmy sucks.

We had 14 participants (-6 from the previous two Blitz) with 70 game goals set (-27 change) and 55 of them were completed (-6 change). Congrats on clearing out those backlogs! The rate of completion is possibly the highest we've ever seen! Participant numbers took a big hit so hopefully this doesn't mean people are losing interest. But for those of us that keep taking part, there are more games to complete! Congrats to Knurek for winning the raffle. Make sure to give them congrats for clearing that backlog and winning. Knurek got the win for completing Florence. I have unkind words to say about the game but at least Knurek is done and can move on to better games, right?

I don't remember what's coming out this quarter. Anything big? Maybe not? I'm looking forward to UFO 50 and I think that's this quarter? Otherwise it's likely a lot of smaller profile but still great games around the quarter. Silksong is coming out, right? Right?!

The spreadsheet has been updated, the prize pool has been reset. We'll start with $20.00 but chipping in is always welcome. The details to do so will be posted separately within the thread soon after we get started.

Pick your games accordingly!

What it is:

It's a simple way to clear out some backlog games. You select a number of specific games you want to complete and if you complete them in a set time frame you have a chance to pick a game of your choice within the prize limits.

Rules:

First off, there is no time limit on when you can join. If you come in late and only have a month left please feel free to join. Even one completed game will get you entered into the raffle detailed below.

Everyone shares the same rules so an agreed amount of time would be set (three months this time) and then a set amount of games you want to complete in that time (been using five games). You then pick your specific five games with the intention that you don't go changing it all the time. The idea isn't that once you beat some game you go and list it and mark it complete. Instead, you pick five games to complete at the start of the Blitz and ideally you complete them as well as anything else you want to finish in that time.

Prize:

In the end, I suggest a prize pool and a simple raffle done. I always chip in $20 to start it and accept any other additions. Raffle winners must use at least half but can go up to the full price of a game (capped at $60 if the prize pool gets large enough). Leftover goes to the next drawn winner until it gets down to $0 (or close enough at which point I'll just add it to the next Blitz).

Thoughts?

There's no entry fee or anything so there's really no loss for taking part or starting it and then ignoring it. It's just a fun way to clear out backlog games and have discussion about what you're completing. And commiserate if you pick a game you don't enjoy and sour one of your spots on your list.

I created the Google Sheet so feel free to add yourself and games:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
I changed to a hide until replied as I think some people had issues with the hide until reacted. Ask any questions and sorry for those that already posted their new lists in the previous thread. Feel free to just post it again here as we continue for the next three months here.

Good luck, everyone!

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
1- Forza Horizon 4
The news about delisting finally made me play this after a year in the backlog.

2-Yakuza Kiwami 2
This one is a bit weird, I really liked 0 and Kiwami but I never continued with the series. This has been sitting in my backlog for like, 3-4 years so I think it's time.

3-Resident Evil 4 (Remake)
I already completed 2 and 3 in this year's past Blitzes so it seems fitting to keep going.

4-Life is Strange: True Colors
A bit of the same as Yakuza, 2-3 years in the backlog, enjoyed the previous ones but never got around to play this one. Now that a new one got announced I need to catch up a little bit, even if they are not related.

5-Kentucky Route Zero
By far the one that has been in my backlog the longest on this list, I've heard good things about it so let's give it a try.

I hope I'm not getting to ambitious here but i'm optimistic, here to another great blitz!

Reactions: KainXVIII

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Hoping for another 5/5 this Blitz.
My games will be:
Knack II
Nelly Cootalot: Fowl Fleet
NORCO
Chicory: A Colorful Tale
1000xRESIST

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
WARP
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Dark Void Zero
Jack Keane 2

Each game spent at least 10 years in my backlog

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Sorry, forgot to finish cleaning up the spreadsheet. It's cleaned up now. If you edited in your name games into the still full spreadsheet you'll need to do it again since I wiped it all.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
1. One Piece Odyssey: Currently playing

2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair: Played the first game last year. I aim to finish the trilogy, shooting game spinoff and the Danganronpa 3 anime within the year.

3. Nights of Azure: Sitting in the backlog for 4 years. Controller didn't work properly and I was not in the mood to fix it back then. A few days ago I randomly found that it works with the community layout fix. Also fixed the video audio issue on the Deck so now the game is finally playable at my end.

4. Tinykin: Pikmin on PC!

5. The Fruit of Grisaia: Currently reading this on Switch. It is the all-in-one version released by Prototype. No way I can finish the whole series in three months so I am breaking it down. It seems to be a pretty long read so I plan to spend 30 minutes on it everyday.

Edit: Honourable mention, Trail of Cold Steel 3. After finishing the first four games this is going to be the next big game to play.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I just finished WARP., which is 3D Action Puzzle game with some very light metroidvania elements

First, the Steam version of the game doesnt work properly in my computer, most likely due to some funky PhysX implementation that tanks the framerate about 10 minutes into the game. The EA App version, which you can redeem using the CD-key provided in the Steam version, works as intended, still the performance is far from what you would expect from a 12 year old game.

It's a short game, 6-7 hours, maybe more if you are trying to get every collectible, which is a waste of time due to all online features being shutdown last year.

If you want to play it get it cheap and redeem it in the EA app.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Decided on my five games tonight after changing my mind on a couple. This time picking all five games that I don't mind streaming since that got in the way of me finishing Seabed quickly.
  • GRIME
  • Pronty
  • The Talos Principle
  • Chicory: A Colorful Tale
  • Tangle Tower
First two are in my Metroidvania goal category and the remaining three are pulled from my Overwhelmingly Positive list. I've started the first four all at one point in time but I'll just start them all over since it's been far too long and I never got that far.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I was waiting for the monthly reveal and to finish my summer shopping before deciding what to play.
With all that behind us here's my five picks for this blitz:
  • Kingsvein
  • Figment 2
  • Crystal Project
  • Lenna's Inception
  • Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Hopefully the rom works without issues otherwise I'll change it for something else

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
No real theme for mine, just a bunch of games that I've been thinking about lately for one reason or another

1. Souldiers. I liked the demo way back when, but I also seem to recall that it didn't review as well as I thought it would, I think people also said it was hard but it's been a while, maybe they patched it a bit. It's still mixed on Steam, didn't bother to look at the recent reviews in detail though. My expectations are still positive, based on my time with the demo.
2. REDO! Bought this somewhat recently, around March this year. No real expectations, bought purely based on the trailer looking alright.
3. Unheard - Voices of Crime. Always thought this concept is interesting, time to give it a shot.
4. Tech Support: Error Unknown. Another one that's a bit unique I suppose. Not entirely sure how much of a sleuthing game this is, screenshots remind me of this other game I can't recall the name of right now.
5. Just Cause 2. Known quantity, not much to say here.