Community Backlog Blitz Season 3 - Runs April 1 through June 30 with a raffle at the end

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Yes, you can change your list at any time. Sometimes people list games they end up simply not liking, others have other stuff come up in their life and have to pick shorter games, and others have started up a game not on their list that they end up really liking so they swap it onto their list since they know they'll go through it.

As noted above, the only thing I suggest people don't do is replace their incomplete games with already completed games at the end just to get more completed games in their row. The idea really is to set goals for backlog games and complete them. But some wiggle room is alright.
Cool, I just was leaning more towards wanting to do Alpha Protocol as opposed to Betrayer it wasn't peaking my interest

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've changed Tyranny and Operation Abyss to Deponia: The Complete Journey and Oninaki.
I try and try, but I really have a hard time getting into (most) CRPGs and my DRPG intake doesn't seem to be that big either :/

On the other hand Deponia has been sitting in my library for a while so I figured might as well (and since it's basically 3 games in one it's not going to make my picks shorter :p) and while I'm having decent fun with Oninaki and it's a new pick, I think some extra motivation will be good.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
I've been playing Vagrant Story here and there.

It's as good as I remember, but I also forgot how tedious the weapon combining system is.
Dont forget to use the dummies to improve a weapons affinity. You should have 1 weapon class for each kind of enemy.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
After rushing through five of my ten Blitz games in April I've got stagnant and haven't completed any in May while working through other stuff (mainly as I played through all the Darksiders games). I did put a tiny bit of time into Rayman Origins and hope to have Origins and Legends completed by the end of Monday and probably squeeze at least one more in before the month is over. Two would be ideal.

Yakuza 4 and The Witcher 3 DLC are both going to hang over my head and consume a bit of time in June. Oof. We'll see how that goes!

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Finished Gothic 2. Amazing game. Probably one of the best rpgs if not games I ever played. Can’t quite remember the last time a game drew me so in

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
I've finished my second game of this blitz with The Complex.

It seems like the pandemic has actually slowed my progress with finishing single player games. Even with possible gains in free time since everyone else is staying at home too I've got people looking to play video games, board games, or RPGs nearly every night off the week.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I haven't played any of the games on my original list for this blitz except for Space Pirate Trainer (and I wasn't feeling it), but I did blast my way through Persona 5 Royal and Final Fantasy VII Remake and now I'm feeling like I should play something different than what I had planned, so I'm switching things out. Got myself a new list:
  1. Abode
  2. Fatal Twelve
  3. Hypnospace Outlaw
  4. Resident Evil 3
  5. Horace
I think I will start with Horace first.

Edit: Tried all of those games except Abode and, well, they're not for me. I'm so particular that if a game does one or two little things that bug me, I'm out. Since I'm not in it for a prize this time I'm going to put Persona 5 Royal and FF7R on my list even though they weren't backlog (brand new games) as I did play those over the last six weeks and they've taken up most of my gaming time. Need to decide on the next two now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Finished Vagrant Story, that's 3 our of 5 games done.
:sf_quackd:

WIll probably play Chimera Squad and Illusion of Gaia at the same time instead of picking just one next.

Reactions: Spamlynguist
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner M∀RS is completed. That puts me at 3 of 5 complete here and 7 of 10 overall for the two Blitz I'm in. For here I have Yazkua 4 and Ys: Oath in Felghana remaining. I also have The Witcher 3 DLC for the other Blitz, and it's what I picked separately as my June game. I expect that'll be fairly long but the other two are manageable without an issue.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Illusion of Gaia is done! The black mark in my gaming history has been erased! Rejoice! That's 4/5. :)

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Illusion of Gaia is done! The black mark in my gaming history has been erased! Rejoice! That's 4/5. :)
Now onto Terranigma?

Just finished Ys: Oath in Felghana so that puts me at 4 of 5 complete here. Only Yakuza 4 remains. I also have Witcher III DLC for another Blitz (and it's my pre-selected June game). Really looking forward to Yakuza 4 but the Witcher III DLC might take me a bit to get back into the groove since it's been ~7 months since I played the main game.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I play through Terranigma every couple of years, it's one of my favorite games of all time.
:sf_quackd:
That's partially why Gaia was such an odd thing to miss for all these years.
While Illusion of Time and Gaia is same game, is there any difference between these two versions?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
While Illusion of Time and Gaia is same game, is there any difference between these two versions?
Afaik the content is the same, just the name is different. Though of course PAL game would run natively at 50hz instead of the NTSC 60hz.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
So I started Batman: The Enemy Within

You are working very closely with the police in that one it seems

Maybe not the best thing to play right now with things being as they are in the USA

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Finished Strider 2014 after keeping it hanging for a month.

Apart from the great movement, animations and combat of the main character, rest of the game is average.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I finished Alpha Protocol!
It was pretty fun, glad I switched to it from betrayer

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just a bit of a bump to remind folks that we're two weeks from the end of this season's Blitz! Don't let this get away from you! Finish those games and don't forget to update the spreadsheet.

C-Dub and Gevin are still missing games from your rows so don't forget to set your last goals to complete them.

The Prize Pool is up to $44.71. This will end during the Steam sale which does mean the prize money should stretch a bit further but if there's anybody interested in bumping it up a bit more here's the details copied from an earlier post of mine:

Here are my usual details that can be used to chip in. Again, give me your name or PM me when you do so and I'll note who sent what, otherwise I'll treat it more as anonymous.

Paypal - Wibblewozzer@gmail.com
Venmo - @Nicholas-Garboden
Square Cash App - $NicholasGarboden

Reactions: C-Dub and Gevin

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I may throw in a $5 closer to the end there, depending on some stuff and things.

Almost done with my games too for a full stack. :longswordblob2:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Aaaand that's Deponia: Complete Journey finished, which was the last one of my picks. Fun game like the others, but holy hell do I dislike the ending. Really sours the entire "journey". Ugh.

Time to start thinking about which ones to pick for next season.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Swapped out Disco Elysium for Higurashi - truthfully, I didn't expect to do Higurashi this quarter, so I'll push Disco Elysium back.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Only four days left! Finish your games and update your spots on the spreadsheet!

If anyone wants to chip in during these last days the info to do so is my post a few up from here. We're at $44.71 and since this'll hit during the Steam sale that should help to get a big game out to the winner.

And if you're like me it's also a good time to start planning for the next Blitz and figure out what your next batch of games will be.

Reactions: Gevin

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I changed out Ethan Carter for one already completed on my early list: Until Dawn.

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Added $5 to this quarters total
Confirmed! I see the email. So we're up to $49.71 now.

I'm still trying to finish my last game for this Blitz to get all five of my entries. We'll see!

OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
We're at the tail end! Update the spreadsheet if necessary! I'll be doing the drawing tomorrow early in my morning time (Pacific).

I'll also add the next season's spreadsheet up in a couple hours so folks can start adding their next games but I won't make the thread until tomorrow after the drawing.

I just completed my fifth game today. Yakuza 4 was hanging over my head but I was able to get it done! I even took today off from work, partly so I could make sure I finished my fifth game before the end of the day!

Good luck to everyone on the upcoming drawing!

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Just a heads up that anyone wanting to take a headstart can go to the Google Sheet and there's a new tab (currently the second, I'll move it to the front tomorrow) for the next Blitz. Feel free to add your games now but I'll make the proper thread tomorrow after the drawing.

The prize pool starts with my customary $15 I chip in and if anything leftover (typically somewhere under $5) may be added to it.

Edit: And right at the end before the drawing the prize pool jumps up to $59.71 for this round and another $10 was added to the starting prize pool of next season so it already starts at $25 before it even begins! That double dose of prize pool money comes from FeedMeAStrayCat. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And received. So that puts us up to $64.71.

As a reminder, I suggest the winner pick a single game up to $60 (or local equivalent of a full price game) and leftover prize money then goes to the second winner and so on. Obviously with Steam Sale going (not that it must be from there) that means most games will be a fair bit cheaper but it helps spread the prize around a bit. I prefer to buy a game and gift it or send a code over but I also take into account regional prices so if it makes more sense we can figure out a way to send you a digital Steam gift card for the regional price of the game if that helps spread the prize, too.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Cool.. Entered for the new period as well.
This really helps motivate me play.
Put Deus EX MD & ARMA III in it since I left them half-finished a long time ago.
But both were always in the back of my head.

Reactions: Kurt Russell
OP
Wibblewozzer

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
And the winner for this season is Madventure ! Congrats!

So, as posted above my recommendation is you can pick a game that's up to the standard full price in your region (e.g. in the US that'd be $60). You can PM me the game's name or link to Steam, whatever. And if you're not in the US you can tell me you're region and if it's cheaper there we can arrange getting you the money so you can use that to buy it giving a bit more leftover for a second drawing winner. I do suggest trying to pick something that uses about half of the allotted amount so you don't feel like you have to get something super cheap just to give more leftover. But ultimately that's up to you/

Leftover funds will then go to who is the second in the drawing. If there's enough leftover I'll announce that afterwards.

Congrats all! I'll make the new thread soonish so expect that to go up.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Reactions: Kurt Russell