Deals Deals, Sales, Bundles... Regret!

FunktionJCB

The Ascension of the Middle-aged Man
Oct 10, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. Big fan of FSOL - fav album is Lifeforms. So I like the songs in these collections that have that sound.
If you like that sound, there's plenty to like in there. A lot of melodic, downtempo tracks. ;)
And several FSOL tracks in the compilations.

FunktionJCB nice, I like me a good mix! (y)

that british IDM goodness, sweet

edit: Luke Vibert, Ijo, Autechre, Wisp and on and on.... so much good shit
Yeah, there's a lot of great stuff in there. (y)
Well known artists (a lot of guys from labels like Warp), plus some lesser known guys, and they basically contributed with either rare tracks, or unreleased stuff or mixes that are unavailable anywhere else.

When the compilations were released, they were kind of a big deal in the IDM community, since it's an overwhelming amount of music, for a good cause, and with a cheap price (they were like £10 or so for each compilation; I actually ended up paying more for each at the time, because it really felt like a steal; if I'm remembering correctly, just the second volume has over 20h of great music, and the third compilation is a lot more than that).

FunktionJCB

Oct 10, 2018
Compilation that includes FSOL and others like their various sounds AND is PWYW? Done. I'll take a dozen
There's only three, not a dozen, but they have so many tracks, you'll be listening to new ones for years to come. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Schnitzelfee
OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
XCOM 2 is free to play for the next five days

and starting Monday you can get Shogun 2 for free to keep on Steam

FunktionJCB

Oct 10, 2018
Back with another music deal. :)

Before I do that, a quick note to say the 3 Touched compilations I mentioned before, each featuring hours and hours of great electronic by artists like Plaid, Future Sound of London, Autechre, Bibio, 808 State, and many, many more (the majority of which unavailable anywhere else), are still "pay what you want" at Bandcamp, so if you have any interest in the genre, really, you can do no wrong. A lot of great music (hundreds and hundreds of tracks), for a good cause, and for whatever you want to pay.

---

Anyway, the same label has now also placed their 3 compilations from the Covert series temporarily as "pay what you want", and they are well worth it.
For those unfamiliar with the series, it's a curious concept. The artists are not revealed (all are listed as "?"), just the name of the tracks. The idea is for people to focus on the quality of the music (and there's a lot of awesome tracks in here), and not the artist's name, and also to have people try to make up their minds about who they think the artists are.
Some of the artists have since been discovered (check the discogs website for some info; for one of them, it was kind of easy, since the track was a remix, and the name of the track was an anagram for Plaid, and the name of the track that was remixed), but based on the sound, "regulars" from other compilations of this label are present, like Plaid, Future Sound of London, (...).

As with all releases from this label, all proceeds are donated to the Macmillan Cancer Support.

Here are the links to the compilations:

As a sample, here are a couple of tracks from the compilations, one from Volume 1, the other from Volume 3.
The first one is a personal favourite:

Aaron D.

Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, they must have price-matched Humble as it was 90% when I posted.

Alien: Blackout is also free today on iOS/Android.

Supposed to be good from what I've heard.

Acidote

Jun 16, 2019
If anyone wants to legally own 59 SEGA Mega Drive games/roms, this deal is a steal for just a little more than nine euros:

I already have like 50 of them from a previosu bundle and I'm still about to buy iut just to get the Sonic games (including 3&Knuckles).

Last edited: