Deals Deals, Sales, Bundles... Regret!

Deleted member 113

Thanks for the heads up. Big fan of FSOL - fav album is Lifeforms. So I like the songs in these collections that have that sound.
If you like that sound, there's plenty to like in there. A lot of melodic, downtempo tracks. ;)
And several FSOL tracks in the compilations.

FunktionJCB nice, I like me a good mix! (y)

that british IDM goodness, sweet

edit: Luke Vibert, Ijo, Autechre, Wisp and on and on.... so much good shit
Yeah, there's a lot of great stuff in there. (y)
Well known artists (a lot of guys from labels like Warp), plus some lesser known guys, and they basically contributed with either rare tracks, or unreleased stuff or mixes that are unavailable anywhere else.

When the compilations were released, they were kind of a big deal in the IDM community, since it's an overwhelming amount of music, for a good cause, and with a cheap price (they were like £10 or so for each compilation; I actually ended up paying more for each at the time, because it really felt like a steal; if I'm remembering correctly, just the second volume has over 20h of great music, and the third compilation is a lot more than that).

Deleted member 113

Compilation that includes FSOL and others like their various sounds AND is PWYW? Done. I'll take a dozen
There's only three, not a dozen, but they have so many tracks, you'll be listening to new ones for years to come. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Schnitzelfee
OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
XCOM 2 is free to play for the next five days

and starting Monday you can get Shogun 2 for free to keep on Steam

Deleted member 113

Back with another music deal. :)

Before I do that, a quick note to say the 3 Touched compilations I mentioned before, each featuring hours and hours of great electronic by artists like Plaid, Future Sound of London, Autechre, Bibio, 808 State, and many, many more (the majority of which unavailable anywhere else), are still "pay what you want" at Bandcamp, so if you have any interest in the genre, really, you can do no wrong. A lot of great music (hundreds and hundreds of tracks), for a good cause, and for whatever you want to pay.

---

Anyway, the same label has now also placed their 3 compilations from the Covert series temporarily as "pay what you want", and they are well worth it.
For those unfamiliar with the series, it's a curious concept. The artists are not revealed (all are listed as "?"), just the name of the tracks. The idea is for people to focus on the quality of the music (and there's a lot of awesome tracks in here), and not the artist's name, and also to have people try to make up their minds about who they think the artists are.
Some of the artists have since been discovered (check the discogs website for some info; for one of them, it was kind of easy, since the track was a remix, and the name of the track was an anagram for Plaid, and the name of the track that was remixed), but based on the sound, "regulars" from other compilations of this label are present, like Plaid, Future Sound of London, (...).

As with all releases from this label, all proceeds are donated to the Macmillan Cancer Support.

Here are the links to the compilations:

As a sample, here are a couple of tracks from the compilations, one from Volume 1, the other from Volume 3.
The first one is a personal favourite:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, they must have price-matched Humble as it was 90% when I posted.

Alien: Blackout is also free today on iOS/Android.

Supposed to be good from what I've heard.

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
If anyone wants to legally own 59 SEGA Mega Drive games/roms, this deal is a steal for just a little more than nine euros:

I already have like 50 of them from a previosu bundle and I'm still about to buy iut just to get the Sonic games (including 3&Knuckles).

Last edited:

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
Not that much of a deal buuuuuuuut:

Ys VIII is now 40€/$ (and lost regional pricing here in the process), Labyrinth of Refrain/Caligula are 30€/$, The 25th Ward is 10€/$ and probably more. Similar price cuts also on GOG.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Not that much of a deal buuuuuuuut:

Ys VIII is now 40€/$ (and lost regional pricing here in the process), Labyrinth of Refrain/Caligula are 30€/$, The 25th Ward is 10€/$ and probably more. Similar price cuts also on GOG.
Greenman Gaming got all those price cuts, plus they are currently on sale which make them cheaper

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
A really big bundle is going on

Get over 700 games, tools, art assets and more for as low as 5 dollars

Note: Purchasing this bundle won't add anything to your itch.io library. You have do add them manually.

Use the below script to add everything automatically. Script found here here
Purchasing this bundle links you to a page with buttons to add each individual game to your library, rather than adding them all at once, for the sake of keeping peoples' libraries clean. If you want to add every single game to your library (for browsing in the itch.io app, for example), then you can open up the bundle page with all the links, then run this javascript code in your browser's developer tools console:

Array.from(document.querySelectorAll("div.game_row_data div.button_row form.form")).forEach( function(element, index, array) { var csrf_token = element[0].value; var game_id = element[1].value; jQuery.post(window.location.href,"csrf_token="+encodeURIComponent(csrf_token)+"&game_id="+game_id+"&action=claim"); } );
It will throw a bunch of errors in the console (as your browser prevents the page redirects) and will stop adding games after a while; when that happens (the purchases page will stop saying 'last added 1 second ago') just refresh the page and run the code again to resume. If everything on that page is complete, move on to the next page. If you don't refresh the page it will attempt to re-redeem all the games you just tried to add.

Note that itch.io has a comment "If you’re a developer who is interested in adding their project to the bundle please reply to the top-level post in this thread." so there may be future additions to the bundle. You can re-run the above code to add them to your library at that later date as well.

When you're all done, which is when refreshing the bundle and putting that code in on any bundle page no longer updates your purchases page, you won't quite have 744 games in your library - many of them are browser-based and can't be downloaded. A list of those are included below in the "Browser-based Games" section, along with links.
Note 2: There are no steam keys provided in this bundle

Note 3: Remember to stay safe and #blacklivesmatter, #anylivesmatter

Note 4:
I did my part :)

Last edited:

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
A really big bundle is going on

Get over 700 games, tools, art assets and more for as low as 5 dollars

Note: Purchasing this bundle won't add anything to your itch.io library. You have do add them manually.

Use the below script to add everything automatically. Script found here here

Note 2: There are no steam keys provided in this bundle

Note 3: Remember to stay safe and #blacklivesmatter, #anylivesmatter

Note 4:
I did my part :)
Lots of games I've never heard of with a sprinkle of those I do.

Wish there was a guide or something. Like, the first five minutes of each to let folks know what's worth a play.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Not sure if Chubigan is still giving away CSD3. But if you have donated at least 10 dollars to any #blacklivesmatter cause, you can receive CSD3 for free

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
That's a lot of good games, only drawback seems to be that the library will become nightmarish to navigate!

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
There's now 1429 stuffs in the itch bundle. Utter insanity.
Here are some collections to find some of the high profile/hidden gem games.

I very much doubt they're comprehensive at this point though, but should be a good start 😅
Phoenix RISING
Thanks.

I was able to get a couple of lists!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That's a hella nice bundle.
Shame I already have a lot of it and only Silver Case and Break Arts II from the 9€ tier are what I want most. But then again, it's still cheaper than their historical lows combined, so I might still get it.

I've played:
One Way Heroics: Fun roguelike
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae: nice anime indie character action game
Kero Blaster: Great action platformer from the Cave Story dev
Mad Father: nice RPGMaker horror game
LiEat: PLAY IT RIGHT NOW. I love it.
Momodora: great metroidvania
Astebreed: great mech schmup

A hell of a deal.

Reactions: Schnitzelfee