|OT| Destiny 2 Shadowkeep & New Light - From The Shadows An Epic Destiny Awaits

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
It's needed for some Forsaken-specific content, but you can buy Shadowkeep without having Forsaken.
Yeah, sorry, I think I meant more : is it worth it now with shadowkeep out? Like, do I miss something vital? Like drops or skills?

Anoregon

Dec 21, 2018
Ah, that I'm not really qualified to answer, I haven't been playing/keeping very up to date on things the past year or so.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So, retroactive cheevos or not ?

Anoregon

Dec 21, 2018
Yeah, sorry, I think I meant more : is it worth it now with shadowkeep out? Like, do I miss something vital? Like drops or skills?
I second that question too. This system is so confusing o_O
One thing I will add - Forsaken has a subclass stuff for each class that is only available if you own forsaken. I know that can be a dealbreaker from a completionist perspective, but I can't really speak as to whether the Forsaken subclass abilities are particularly strong/worthwhile or meta.

Reactions: Echoes

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Got to 900 power with my space wizard. Having a pretty good time even though I don’t have Shadowkeep! I’m just going through all the stuff I missed in Forsaken, Warmind and the (year 2) annual pass. There’s a lot of content there. Forsaken for €25 is probably the more bang for your buck purchase for new players. Would be happy to group for some activities, if anyone would like the company :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Echoes

Anoregon

Dec 21, 2018
17 hrs played in one day please send help lol
I played a few hours last night and am starting to actually "get into" it, which I was never really feeling at any point post-forsaken. Slowly progressing through multiple old exotic and DLC quests while doing moon stuff. Menagerie queue still seems borked though, I want bad juju :mad:

Also I noticed that the new Nightfall situation has multiple difficulties, and the first two have matchmaking? That's pretty convenient.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Finally bought everything. I've played Destiny 2 when it launched and after finishing the main quest abandoned it, so everything is new to me.
I've noticed now that I don't like the look on my old character and made another one, question: what do I have to redo on the new character? I did the brief introduction and now can already do the DLCs , but I've noticed that the "achievements" are reset?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You stopped playing when the games got good ? :cryingwhyblob:
Sorry, I have a deep hatred of the base campaign.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Is there any reason for me to play if I dont buy Shadowkeep? I have finished the campaign from launch but quit after Curse of Osiris. I just want to play for a bit to see if I feel like buying Shadowkeep. I have no friends so I play solo / matchmaking. I also dont have Forsaken.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
17 hrs played in one day please send help lol
Damn, I've never played 17 hours straight in my entire life. Most I did was the first season of Walking Dead (12 hours), with bathroom and supper breaks.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
this seems to not like my pc. two freezes now.......one trying to leave a strike back to orbit and one trying to go from tower to Earth. this sucks

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
this seems to not like my pc. two freezes now.......one trying to leave a strike back to orbit and one trying to go from tower to Earth. this sucks
Got any overclocks running? The game is super sensitive IIRC.

Im power level 900, legacy quest? worth it?
Do you mean doing the old campaign? I think you still get "powerful' gear from that (i.e. gear that will be incrementally higher than your current). If you haven't played it yet, it's entertaining for sure. Though the only story line I personally enjoyed was Forsaken. But I get the feeling you're referring to an actual quest that I can't remember :poutblob:

Reactions: Li Kao

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Do you mean doing the old campaign? I think you still get "powerful' gear from that (i.e. gear that will be incrementally higher than your current). If you haven't played it yet, it's entertaining for sure. Though the only story line I personally enjoyed was Forsaken. But I get the feeling you're referring to an actual quest that I can't remember :poutblob:
The red war and another two quest that says legacy

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
no OCs going. i updated my video drivers and that seems to have helped a little but i still cant complete a strike and get back to orbit without a complete freeze. this is.....frustrating

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The red war and another two quest that says legacy
If you haven't done them yet, it can be fun for sure. Like I said, I'm not entirely sure but I think you'll at least get some leveled gear out of it. One of the best ways to level after 900 that I found, if that's what you're after anyway, is to go into PVP and do Survival. That nets you both Glory and Valor. As you move up the rankings, you'll get higher level gear very quickly and it also earns you a lot of exp.

no OCs going. i updated my video drivers and that seems to have helped a little but i still cant complete a strike and get back to orbit without a complete freeze. this is.....frustrating
Frustrating indeed. Might want to post in Bungie's support forum and see if that can get you anywhere.

There's also this page here that might help:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I was playing the osiris campaign but I'm not really into it and want to play something with the other players, what are my options? level 756 I think, I only did the base campaign when the game got out

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I was playing the osiris campaign but I'm not really into it and want to play something with the other players, what are my options? level 756 I think, I only did the base campaign when the game got out
You could buddy up with someone and do the Osiris campaign or Warmind together. Other than that, there are strikes/nightfalls, public events, pvp, gambit, and activities like escalation protocol that you can do with other players.