News E3 2019 Rumors and Leaks Discussion

the_marmolade

La-li-lu-le-lo
Sep 19, 2018
E3 is a week away (Well google event is on June 6th) and its time to open the flood gates with big leaks and rumors most likely coming this week. This thread will be about discussion and catch up about leaks around E3.

To kick things off, here is a things im hearing:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Remaster 4k/60FPS for PS4,PC and Xbox One. Developed by Virtuos people behind the L.A. Noire and Dark Souls Remaster, dont expect a full remake like RE2 but something like ZOE2 Remaster from last year.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
To kick things off, here is a things im hearing:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Remaster 4k/60FPS for PS4,PC and Xbox One. Developed by Virtuos people behind the L.A. Noire and Dark Souls Remaster, dont expect a full remake like RE2 but something like ZOE2 Remaster from last year.
Fuck, i'm wet.
I'll report you if it isn't true! :so-good-blob:

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
May 29, 2019
MGS 3 remaster would be awesome but an MGS 2 remaster would be better!

It looks like Cadence of Hyrule will shadowdrop during E3. It looks like a fun romp through Hyrule.

Reactions: RionaaM

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I would appreciate MGS remasters as I've never played any game other than 1 and 5. I'm assuming 3 is being remastered first because it's a prequel?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
There's The Evil Within 3 too. Anyway, I'm very curious regarding this MGS3 Remaster rumor, if this is true this might be the high note of the whole event for me.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
The From Software game rumour linked to a collab with George RR Martin has me the most hyped so far.

Reactions: MJunioR

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
apparently red faction evolution leaked VIA the Nvidia Ansel website.
Yep. THQN seem to be announcing a new Darksiders and a new Red Faction. That accounts for both their teased games. (Which means Destroy All Humans is likely off the table.) Then there's Deep Silver. We could possibly see Dead Island 2, Saints Row, or whatever Dambuster are making. As we approach next generation, games that are targeting PS4/XBO/PC are in a shrinking window where their only real options for a real are E3 or Gamescom or TGA 2019.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is an interesting case because Nvidia released a 60fps port for Shield a few years ago, which means there's a history of porting the game and Konami seem open to it. Most people didn't notice that port, though. I can buy that Konami would want to remaster it for modern platforms. I expect they have plans to make a mainline Metal Gear sequel at some point but remasters will test the waters, re-introduce the series to a new set of fans, etc.

I hope that they at least redo the controls so they work flawlessly with a mouse and keyboard. The Splinter Cell series never had issues with M+KB, so MGS 3 which took a fair bit of influence from Splinter Cell really has no excuse. Just make sure you've got smooth mouse aim, and movement control is precise. Maybe even use the mouse wheel for movement speed, Splinter Cell/Hidden and Dangerous 2-style. But I dunno if Konami care as much as Ubisoft about ensuring ports are tailored to their platforms. Let's hope for the best, though.

I'm just gonna take this opportunity to say that Metal Gear Survive was a very nice survival/stealth/horror game that didn't deserve the hate it got. People just wanted to hate the unfortunate puppy from the moment was announced. Picture me pouring out a little shot glass of tears for poor Survive.

You mean Silent Hill True (For Real!) HD Collection :partyblob2:
It's a great shame what happened to that collection. It was a cash grab by Konami management looking to exploit the remaster trend, where the hard working developers doing the best they could under bad circumstances copped the blame from angry fans. Were called lazy and incompetent and all that shit. There was nothing wrong with the studio given the project. Time and publisher support are everything. They were put in a position where they had to deliver a half-baked product because Konami gave them a shitty situation and unreasonable deadlines. (Much like SEGA and the Shenmue collection. D3T were a perfectly capable studio given a troublesome project and they also had the rug pulled out from under them when SEGA cancelled the "let's improve the graphics" remaster in favor of something very vanilla. Unlike SH, though, D3T released a number of patches for Shemnue to iron out as many kinks as they could.) You contrast that with Capcom, who gave Okami to Ready at Dawn. Turned out Okami was missing assets, and was basically broken. RaD and Capcom took a "when it's done" approach and worked on the game until it was finished. Their Wii port is the foundation for all the later ports to my knowledge.
Expect a Terminator game trailer.
That would be super cool. (Although robots are always tricky enemies to get right due to their spongy nature and such.) I am currently picturing a potential developer in my head. A developer whose last FPS game caused many people to remark, "Hey, this game's torn cityscape patrolled by drones and airships reminds me of Terminator 2's future war!"

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
All I know is that I’m praying for info on Rocksteady’s new project. I play a lot of Destiny so I’m not one of those people who rejects shlooters or GaaS titles on sight, and I consider the Arkham games to be revolutions in game design. I’d follow that dev to the ends of the earth.

Reactions: Dandy

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Oh shit, here we go again..
Looking forward to FromSoft.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I'm not waiting for a remake or remaster of any kind, I don't want to play games I already know by heart. I truly believe it's possible to make sequels or even original games that's worth playing.

I'll follow this event with curiosity but I already know a few dozen of games I'm waiting for and I didn't need E3 to discover them, so I'll heat up the popcorn and enjoy the show.

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Apr 18, 2019
I want a port of the triology, not a 'remaster' of MGS3.
'Remasters' of last gen titles are basically a huge scam on PC at this point, which can already render those titles at 'FULL HD!' anyway, and are just a means of exploiting the inconsistent backwards compatibility on consoles.

e:
It also makes little sense to do MGS3 'first', unless they are planning on full remakes a la Twin Snakes for the other titles, because going from the Subsistence version of MGS3 to vanilla MGS is mechanically painful.

Reactions: Swenhir

Deleted member 113

There's speculation (albeit somewhat thin) that Rebellion's unannounced game for E3 might be a Judge Dredd title. Rebellion will have an unannounced game at E3, possibly Judge Dredd
It was my first thought as well.
Hopefully, it will be true. I would love to play another Judge Dredd game.

I played, and finished, the previous PC game, despite struggling a lot with completing the first map.
Not because it was difficult, but because I enjoyed the alternate firing modes (like the incendiary ammo) so much, I kept burning people alive, instead of booking/arresting them, so I would quickly be considered a "renegade" judge, and be marked for termination myself. :p

TubaZef

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Isnt Playground making Fable IV? Why not use the Horizon 4 engine instead of using a 3rd party one?

Horizon 4 is beautiful so I was really looking forward to Fable on it.
Well, at least they are from the UK so the british humor should stay intact.

And like lashman said, their engine is probably made specifically for racing games.

Reactions: lashman

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019

I'm rather doubtful that Splinter Cell is anywhere near release, however it's not impossible they might at the very least have something to say about it at E3.

Reactions: unknownhero

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I'm really curious how Watch Dogs Legion will work, can't wait to see it next week (hopefully)!

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I don't know, Watch Dogs sounds interesting in theory but I can already see this turn into "play the same game with different characters and barely any difference" despite how Ubi will surely present the game. I really hope they'll prove me wrong though because the concept sounds pretty great. I also like when urban modern-day open world games leave the US setting in favor of other places (I'm pointing my finger at you squeenix, bring Sleeping Dogs back!)

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I don't know, Watch Dogs sounds interesting in theory but I can already see this turn into "play the same game with different characters and barely any difference" despite how Ubi will surely present the game. I really hope they'll prove me wrong though because the concept sounds pretty great. I also like when urban modern-day open world games leave the US setting in favor of other places (I'm pointing my finger at you squeenix, bring Sleeping Dogs back!)
That's exactly what it sounds like to me.

TubaZef

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
It really depends on what it means to "play as any NPC in the game". I was thinking of something in the lines of GTAV but being able to switch over to any character instead of just 3. This could lead to some interesting gameplay ideas, let's see.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Apr 18, 2019
Wash_doges using 4Chan anons as a theme is... pretty interesting actually, and its been awhile since I've seen contemporary London in videogame form. (The Getaway, maybe?)

Fable having character create is something of a misstep imo.
The most interesting thing Fable did was make your character evolve according to your ingame actions - if you just choose what to look like from the off you lose that.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
The Watch Dogs feature just sounds like the thing from MGS5 where you could play as any of your soldiers, which was neat but not that impressive.

Reactions: lashman