News Epic Games Store

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

tl;dr hyper toxic steam fanboy.
Not entirely. The author at least acknowledged that Epic, Sweeney, the Ooblets devs and Deep Silver are also responsible for the outrage. That's a first on GI.biz and similar sites.

Reactions: lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
No problem with EGS becoming that place to get free games at to the public, it's only gonna backfire longterm and can't last regardless.

No time frames to those exclusives either, wouldn't be surprised if the bigger stuff (were there any?) are short term.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I like how EGS narrative changed from "no sales on our store" to "Yo, yo, yo! Check out! We have a winter seal too plus free shit on top of it", not devaluing at all. I even expect them to give away stuff like Control, Remedy won't sell anything on their own anyway.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Godfall could go either way too, dev hasn't exactly made anything similar or grand in scope before (from what I gathered, could be wrong). Just Duelyst.

Pretty good for what it was I guess, f2p ccg/tabletop mashup, going by the many user reviews, but it doesn't scream they can make MMO Diablo Souls.

Or MMO Diablo DMC, whatever take their combat goes for, methodical and tactical or stylish and cool or a blend of the two or something else, I dunno...

Last edited:
Reactions: Wok

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
It's funny when people see Godfall and immediately assume that it's Sony partnership with Epic when the reality it's Gearbox.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
in case anyone needed a list:

So the money hatting continues. Doesn't surprise me with Phoenix Point and Mechwarrior 5 currently leading the top sellers list on EGS. Too many people just don't care. At least no Dying Light 2 in that list (yet), so I'm happy. And while I've enjoyed TWAU, I don't exactly feel bad for not playing the sequel.

Reactions: m_dorian and ISee

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
I know I'm in the minority, but TWAU isn't even my third favorite game from TellTale, so, I'm ok with it being an Egsclusive for a time being. I just hope it'll be the whole package from the start instead of episodic structure of previous games.

Reactions: Dandy

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Also 12 free games, they that desperate huh? Steam sales will still outtake them.
Can someone elaborate that statement about free games? I would not like to miss out on those.

For instance, is Wolf Among Us one of these 12 freebies? It caught me off-guard, and without this thread, I could have missed it.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Next year's list is just a big, I can really live without those games.
The wolf among us 2 would have landed on my radar, but 2020 is looking like an excellent year already:

- HL:Alyx
-Cyberpunk
-Vampire: Bloodline 2
-Doom Eternal
-TLOU 2
-Dying Light 2
-New Ori Game
-Flight Simulator (with VR support!)
-Psychonauts 2
-Nioh 2
-System Shock Remake
-New Stronghold game
-That Avengers Game

13 Games for 12 Months and those are just the announced ones. There is always something that shows up from nowhere.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have found some info. It is a free game per day during the Winter sales.

I don't know how they count to 12. It should be Dec 19 - Dec 31.

Reactions: Alextended

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Doesn't surprise me with Phoenix Point and Mechwarrior 5 currently leading the top sellers list on EGS. Too many people just don't care.
What do you mean, wouldn't EGS exclusives lead the top charts on EGS no matter what? Without numbers it doesn't mean anything.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
What do you mean, wouldn't EGS exclusives lead the top charts on EGS no matter what? Without numbers it doesn't mean anything.
These two games selling better than the AAA games that are usually leading the top selling list (RDR2, Jedi order, BL3) is remarkable imo. Especially after the outrage when Snapshot sold their backers to Epic, and the complaints about Mechwarrior Online. Also, Phoenix Point launched in an almost broken state and got mediocre reviews.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Also, click to actually go in top 20, the positioning is different and Shenmue is still #3 above all those you mention, who knows how the heck Epic make it up?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
These two games selling better than the AAA games that are usually leading the top selling list (RDR2, Jedi order, BL3) is remarkable imo. Especially after the outrage when Snapshot sold their backers to Epic, and the complaints about Mechwarrior Online. Also, Phoenix Point launched in an almost broken state and got mediocre reviews.
I just look at it as no one buying RDR and Jedi on egs because they are available elsewhere, BL3 is already old at this point, so everyone who wanted it probably already had it or will just wait for Steam at this point in time. I doubt those games are moving big numbers, so the few eggscloosies being higher on the list doesn't surprise me.
Also, as mentioned, without having any numbers or any point of reference (CCU etc) the entire list is more or less a giant pile of whatever. The top games could sell in the 10s of thousands or just in the hundreds and the list would look entirely the same.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I like how EGS narrative changed from "no sales on our store" to "Yo, yo, yo! Check out! We have a winter seal too plus free shit on top of it", not devaluing at all. I even expect them to give away stuff like Control, Remedy won't sell anything on their own anyway.
Yup, i've been saying that for months and months. They are doing everything that they railed against Steam for doing and are doing nothing that people praise Steam for. It's a joke.

Looking at the names of the EGSclusives, i can live with that. Nothing looks particularly interesting and i'll just get them on console if they turn out so good i get desperate to play at launch.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
I think that Kickstarter backers redeeming their keys might be affecting the list.