News Epic Games Store

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Nope. They were removed from Steam in September and Final Season went up on EGS alongside the launch of Episode 3 on January 15th 2019.

Then I can assure you I totally don't know why I put March in my spreadsheet :S
It's an absolute mystery that I don't think I will be able to solve, lol

Thanks for the correction and the information, will change the data of the spreadsheet.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Then I can assure you I totally don't know why I put March in my spreadsheet :S
It's an absolute mystery that I don't think I will be able to solve, lol

Thanks for the correction and the information, will change the data of the spreadsheet.
Probably because March is when the final episode came out.

Reactions: Mor and lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
By that same line of thinking, Valve also shares responsibility for the state of the pc gaming market as it stands now. Not that EGS is the saviour, it's definitely not and I would never try to insinuate as much. These are just companies after all and have their positives and negatives. And also, they are capitalist companies who don't care about me as a person, so on some level, fuck them both.
I don't agree. Valve could do so much more (anti-consumer) things that they are clearly not doing.
We are not blood-bound to our Backlog, I chose Steam because it has the widest overlap with my own values and views on what the PC gaming industry should be.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
I've been hearing some claiming that Hades sold more in its first month on Steam than its lifetime on EGS. Does anyone have a source for this? Would be useful for future discussions.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I've been hearing some claiming that Hades sold more in its first month on Steam than its lifetime on EGS. Does anyone have a source for this? Would be useful for future discussions.
Steamspy, coincidentally owned by someone from Epic, quotes Hades as having already sold 100-200k copies on steam while it never made the Epic exclusive top sellers that cut off at 180k for goose. Obviously the numbers are rubbery at best, but it's all we have.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
I am watching an EGS discussion from a thread on the other place, a mod started it.

It is not a good one. It also has a tweet of a former mod accusing people that post both here and there as racists and harassers.

There are so many levels of bad in this thread such as
a) how can a mod show this level of ignorance by making a heated thread like this.
b) why on earth someone will go beyond logic and harrass a person over a fucking store and their accounts, the least, are not banned IF TRUE.
c) how on earth the mods over there permitted both.

I understand this place here maybe isn't the appropriate one for this post but I really want to know what people think and from the people mentioned in this tweet if they have any thoughts on this.

I also post here because I am not feeling comfortable offering my opinion over there any more, it seems the mods have picked the asshole side.

Of course I am against any form of harrassment, bigotry or racism but this is the internet and this should be said on case it is not obvious.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I feel like I know most of the people he listed pretty well and I'd be pretty stunned to find out any of them "stalked" "harassed" or said racist things to anyone.

What really happened was a habitual line stepper got called out for his bullshit and instead of responding or making an attempt to be better he took his ball and left, citing "harassment". Posting dumb shit publicly and publicly getting criticized for it is not harassment, it's how a civilized society with free speech functions and keeps things sane and not chaotic.

ShadowAUS

Swooping Is Bad
Feb 21, 2019
Rural NSW
I am watching an EGS discussion from a thread on the other place, a mod started it.

It is not a good one. It also has a tweet of a former mod accusing people that post both here and there as racists and harassers.

a) how can a mod show this level of ignorance by making a heated thread like this.
b) why on earth someone will go beyond logic and harrass a person over a fucking store and their accounts, the least, are not banned IF TRUE.

I understand this place here maybe isn't the appropriate one for this post but I really want to know what people think and from the people mentioned in this tweet if they have any thoughts on this.

I also post here because I am not feeling comfortable offering my opinion over there any more, it seems the mods have picked the asshole side.

Of course I am against any form of harrassment, bigotry or racism but this is the internet and this should be said on case it is not obvious.
It's just such a weirdly framed OP, the only effect it's going to have is re-fanning the flames that had already well and truly died down months ago. Especially with some of the disingenuous and bad faith posts/arguments already made by the OP and other members that I had thought quashed 50 threads ago. As for Bronson's accusations, from my interactions with the people listed I would find it surprising if they had directly harassed them offsite or in PM's. A couple of the names listed there can certainly get heated in discussions but racism and death threats? That would be truly surprising. I would be even more surprised if it was true and the staff consciously made the decision to prioritise the shitty actions of randoms over the well-being of the staff and it would raise a lot more questions about the other place that I would want answered.

Edit: Thread's now locked, though that should have happened many pages ago. It would've been the perfect time to break out the old "We don't believe this thread will generate any productive discussion".

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Let us avoid off-site drama though. This thread is about Epic Games, not social media fights and name-calling.

Revealed content
I only post this here so that people do not have to look for the tweets mentioned above themselves.
Revealed content

Last edited:

Gengis Khan

Goodfella
Jan 26, 2019
Italy
mgmboxeisland.com
Oh well, B is an easy one to answer to: because it's complete bullshit.
At very least as far as I'm concerned I've been mentioned in his twitter and his accusations are completely delirious.

First things first i never even began to conceive the idea of putting his race/ethnicity at the center of anything or worry about it to any extent, and second I never "harassed" him anymore than you could say I'm harassing you, for answering to something you wrote.

For what I can tell the guy is just playing the victim card to get his weekly share of Internet Pity Points, and he doesn't even seem to be new to the strategy frankly.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Well, there's not really much that you can do in such a situation. My posting history on that site is open, I told the mods that I give them permission to access my private messages and I've offered to provide my social media details to prove that I've never had any sort of contact with that person beyond public forum posts. Beyond that I can't think of anything else to say on the matter.

m_dorian

Ούτις
May 22, 2019
Well, there's not really much that you can do in such a situation. My posting history on that site is open, I told the mods that I give them permission to access my private messages and I've offered to provide my social media details to prove that I've never had any sort of contact with that person beyond public forum posts. Beyond that I can't think of anything else to say on the matter.
I know you from the Greek site to understand, unless I haven't judged you correctly, that you do not do those things this person claims.

It's unbelievable.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Per request, I'll modify my post to only claim that not many would be willing to support "guilty when accused" argument, even when the conflict in question is pure heresy.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Only a couple of months until Operencia is finally available on a decent platform. I've tried it for a couple of hours on Gamepass a while ago and it was pretty great. Looking forward to it.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Data points to Hades selling gangbuster. I have mixed feelings on it but I guess it does send a message hostile to exclusivity.
I've gone back and forth on what the "right" thing to do is with games that were exclusive at one point. It's a tough call but I honestly think supporting the game is ultimately better, if you wanted the game. It makes EGS look bad and it takes away the excuse from devs that taking a moneyhat was the right call. All sorts of games selling well will help destroy the argument passed around on twitter by some devs that steam is killing indies.

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
I've gone back and forth on what the "right" thing to do is with games that were exclusive at one point. It's a tough call but I honestly think supporting the game is ultimately better, if you wanted the game. It makes EGS look bad and it takes away the excuse from devs that taking a moneyhat was the right call. All sorts of games selling well will help destroy the argument passed around on twitter by some devs that steam is killing indies.
The decision is easier to make now that the exclusivity well seems to have mostly dried up - I doubt Epic is willing to drop millions on any more crowdfunded indie games with niche appeal.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't much care about the argument that steam is killing indies when reality says otherwise, especially when you remember what the market looked like before Steam opened the gates and stopped picking lucky winners.

As far as I'm concerned, what's right is boycotting the publishers and companies that didn't care for the PC ecosystem and went "fuck you, got mine". Publishing on Steam is phase 2 of that strategy and I'm not going to reward them.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They're doing a great job at picking the least interesting games. There are like 10 more interesting indie games releasing this month.
eh, i was kinda looking forward to it

either way - it might be a mistake (unlikely) ... OR the devs changed publishers (also not very likely)

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
eh, i was kinda looking forward to it
I don't know, I think this genre has been getting pretty stale in the last few years and, behind the interesting concept, they all seem the lack the ability to make it really interesting and relevant.

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
The decision is easier to make now that the exclusivity well seems to have mostly dried up - I doubt Epic is willing to drop millions on any more crowdfunded indie games with niche appeal.
Dunno I think they're still prime targets because 1) It's probably really cheap to get them, like only a million dollars or two for the indie projects and 2) the devs of those games probably are most desperate for a deal. If they ran a kickstarter and only came away with like $250k they probably feel like the purse strings are tight enough that if they don't do everything 100% perfectly as far as budgeting goes they'll run into big problems.

I don't much care about the argument that steam is killing indies when reality says otherwise, especially when you remember what the market looked like before Steam opened the gates and stopped picking lucky winners.

As far as I'm concerned, what's right is boycotting the publishers and companies that didn't care for the PC ecosystem and went "fuck you, got mine". Publishing on Steam is phase 2 of that strategy and I'm not going to reward them.
Yeah I'm certainly not going to blame anyone for taking that route. I definitely see both sides of the argument and it was something I had to think about for a long time, and I still would not say I know what the right way to go about it is. I guess only time will tell there.

Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Yeah I'm certainly not going to blame anyone for taking that route. I definitely see both sides of the argument and it was something I had to think about for a long time, and I still would not say I know what the right way to go about it is. I guess only time will tell there.
Likewise, I can see why people choose to buy and, luckily, both decisions lead to EGS hurting :). It's just that I've been gaming on PC for a long time and I'm tired of seeing companies treat the platform like a disposable tool. Valve is not without faults and they are certainly not charities (Gaben's "follow the money"-view of data for instance), but they have still treated it with respect and intelligence.

Reactions: lashman

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
TinyBuild probably decided that Sweeney's money is better than gamble on Steam, they probably didn't expect that Hello Neighbor eggy is going to fail as spectacularly as it did (last time I checked it had 15 reviews) and learned all the wrong lessons from it.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
TinyBuild probably decided that Sweeney's money is better than gamble on Steam, they probably didn't expect that Hello Neighbor eggy is going to fail as spectacularly as it did (last time I checked it had 15 reviews) and learned all the wrong lessons from it.
yeah ... that might be the case ... sadly

Reactions: C-Dub

Deleted member 113

If the game is indeed going EGS exclusive, Tinybuild can, quite frankly, just fuck off.
Really, the official twitter account of the game was posting links to wishlist the game on Steam a few hours ago.

That would mean a second title in a row, where they had a demo/beta on Steam, and then they take the game elsewhere (the other was Totally Reliable Delivery Service).

Not for Broadcast is/was supposed to launch next week.
Developers and publishers are free to take their titles elsewhere, and that's fine. And naturally, I'm free to proceed to ignore them.

But, after advertising a game for months on a platform and social media, and releasing a demo/prologue on Steam, and if they indeed removed it to launch elsewhere just days before release is just insanely disrespecting to the people looking forward to the game.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
But, after advertising a game for months on a platform and social media, and releasing a demo/prologue on Steam, and if they indeed removed it to launch elsewhere just days before release is just insanely disrespecting to the people looking forward to the game.
Unfortunately it can be said about tons of EGS exclusives. Money doesn't smell is on a full display when it comes to accepting Epic's offer, no matter the promises made before.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

When I checked SteamDB, I noticed that after the store page was removed, some changes were done to tags and so on, so I left room open that it was an error, and not an intentional removal.

I'm glad that appears to be the case.

Unfortunately it can be said about tons of EGS exclusives. Money doesn't smell is on a full display when it comes to accepting Epic's offer, no matter the promises made before.
These developers and publishers are free to do as they please.
I just hope they don't act surprised if people are pissed off by some of the crap they pull, and proceed to ignore their games.