News Epic Games Store

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
I don't think there is a single person in the world that respected Ancestors to be Assassin's Creed. What a pathetic excuse for a mediocre game being received badly
I don't think it's such a mediocre game. It tries other things, not succeeding in all of them, but still, it's not a new Assassin's Creed and that's a good thing.

I agree with you though, it's a pathetic excuse for not being successful, but still. I'd rather see more games like Ancestors, trying other things, than another Assassin's Creed, another Tomb Raider, another Overwatch, another Hearthstone, another Final Fantasy or another Shenmue :steam_cleanseal:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Whoa ok, hold up a minute

I've just got an email for Phoenix Point with the Epic key, but:

1) It mentions a season pass key to come later for those who have purchased or received it, but I thought DLC was to be free?
2) How do I get a Steam key in a year's time? Do I just get it all the same in 12 months time regardless of the EGS key?

I genuinely didn't think I'd get a EGS key, hence the questions. I assumed there'd be a web portal or a survey somewhere like Fangamer

EDIT: ok googling on it, I forgot that yes the Steam key comes in 12 months time alongside the Epic key. Backers do get both.

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Whoa ok, hold up a minute

I've just got an email for Phoenix Point with the Epic key, but:

1) It mentions a season pass key to come later for those who have purchased or received it, but I thought DLC was to be free?
2) How do I get a Steam key in a year's time? Do I just get it all the same in 12 months time regardless of the EGS key?

I genuinely didn't think I'd get a EGS key, hence the questions. I assumed there'd be a web portal or a survey somewhere like Fangamer

EDIT: ok googling on it, I forgot that yes the Steam key comes in 12 months time alongside the Epic key. Backers do get both.
Concerning 1) - It was/is possible to buy the game directly from the Phoenix Point website. The text was perhaps formulated to inform both the backers ("received") and the buyers ("purchased").
Concerning 2) - You found the answer yourself :slightly-smiling-face: It will be interesting to see if the free DLC is only meant for EGS or if it will also be given out for Steam...

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

That's one egsclusive I want (once people confirm it plays properly with a joystick unlike MWOnline and more like MW4) :(

Intro is weak af for the series, even the MW4: Mercs intro with year 2k in-game level assets recorded as footage was better, but the game looks good :(

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019

Intro is weak af for the series, even the MW4: Mercs intro with year 2k in-game level assets recorded as footage was better, but the game looks good :(
No, no, no. That's all wrong. Mechwarrior Intros are, traditionally, about mech combat and giant machines exploding and being torn apart, rockets are flying everywhere, there is some feeling of dread and urgency. This is just bad, Battletech also had a "World introduction" intro and even they did it better!

And now compare this new, Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries Intro with the old Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries Intro. Despite the low resolution, which one screams: Play me?

edit: This boring intro won't convince any Fortnite player to stop buying lootboxes for a single second!
Russ Bullock is killing my boy and I've sworn to myself to not buy it on EGS!
:wd_rain:

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and xinek

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Aren't videos playing on the EGS store page, like on Steam?

I seriously don't even know. Epic account is deleted and that launcher isn't touching my harddrive.
Yeah there are 3 trailers on the store page with the Intro being second.

This one autoplays when you open the page.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Yeah there are 3 trailers on the store page with the Intro being second.

This one autoplays when you open the page.
a bit better...

Shadowhawk isn't adequate for the next mission and Atlas is better suited?
Must be a Steiner Scout contract.

Yeah, terrible, old Battletech joke that probably nobody cares about.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
To change the tune of this thread for one post:
The Epic MegaGrant program is nice
For those who do not know what Lutris is:
https://lutris.net/ said:
Lutris is an Open Source gaming platform for Linux. It installs and launches games so you can start playing without the hassle of setting up your games. Get your games from GOG, Steam, Battle.net, Origin, Uplay and many other sources running on any Linux powered gaming machine.
It would be great if Epic would do more of this stuff instead of buying exclusives...

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
It would be great if Epic would do more of this stuff instead of buying exclusives...
I had this conversation with Sweeney on Twitter, it pretty clear to me that his goal is not to help developers or customers, it is to control the market, I'm glad he is failing.

They could do so much more to help Linux development, they are fucking Epic for god sake.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Contracts is ace, love the FPV camera (they all had it before the newer Hitman games iirc).

2 is great too but maybe if you're starved for more missions after finishing Contracts.

Contracts is like a 1 and 2 remix of best missions in the latter's engine with improvements and new stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tizoc

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
So is the Phoenix Point season pass key still to come or is it part of the key already given? It's not clear

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019
TGAs is going to be the real status update for EGS, they’ve gotten basically nothing since Shenmue except for a pathetic single month with a Rockstar game that was already a year old. Considering they started their big exclusives blowout at last year’s event, they could be planning for another big batch for this year’s... but if there’s nothing, or generally not much impressive, at this year’s then stick a fork in the store.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
According to the FAQ at the bottom of the page all keys will be Steam and/or DRM Free with some Linux & Mac versions available too. I'm tempted, haven't bought one for a few years.

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
If a game launches on Steam with obviously unpatched issues then it'll probably be in trouble especially if the EGS buyers start talking when the Store Page & Dicussions open up. If a game is enjoyable and the devs have been updating and improving the game during EA then it'll probably do well.

The review sections and discussions could turn into a shitshow for a while though when all the different factions clash.

I've got no idea about any EGS game's current state as i don't see any news about them or go looking for it.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I can't believe he's taking credit for pushing Valve towards Steam improvements and Half-Life: Alyx. The fucking ego on this guy.
He is just hoping somebody from the press is reading it and mentions EGS in an article about HL:A, VR in general or Steam.
Trying to stay relevant is hard when your competition is being praised for moving pc gaming forward and companies like Microsoft and EA turn to them instead of you.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I'll praise Sexy Tim for the fact that he saved me $30 so far, which I'd spend on indie games.
Good for him Celeste, The Messanger and Subnautica devs won't see any of my money.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So about Shenmue 3 and EGS:

• Shenmue 3 sold worse in Japan on launch than the 1 & 2 HD remaster did
  • From my readings online, Shenmue 3 does not have good sales numbers in general
  • According to Romain on ERA (Gameblog.fr journalist) Epics money went to Deep Silver and not Yu Suzukis dev studio

- EGS best seller is based on gross revenue and updated wekly according to Galyonkin:

- Shenmue 3 is currently at 3rd place on EGS top seller list, which I assume is based on last weeks sales

If Shenmue 3 is selling as terrible as it reads to be and Shenmue 3 is on EGS 3rd spot on best seller list based on revenue and the list is not a full blown lie, then the rest of the games on the list must be bombing.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
So about Shenmue 3 and EGS:

• Shenmue 3 sold worse in Japan on launch than the 1 & 2 HD remaster did
  • From my readings online, Shenmue 3 does not have good sales numbers in general
  • According to Romain on ERA (Gameblog.fr journalist) Epics money went to Deep Silver and not Yu Suzukis dev studio

- EGS best seller is based on gross revenue and updated wekly according to Galyonkin:

- Shenmue 3 is currently at 3rd place on EGS top seller list, which I assume is based on last weeks sales

If Shenmue 3 is selling as terrible as it reads to be and Shenmue 3 is on EGS 3rd spot on best seller list based on revenue and the list is not a full blown lie, then the rest of the games on the list must be bombing.
What's on place 1 and 2?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
This shit writes itself, man. And the top sellers list is updated weekly? What, is there like an actual person adding up the sales up and sorting the list manually?
seeing as pretty much everything about egs has to be done/updated manually - i'd say "probably, yeah" ... especially if you consider they're only updating it once a week