News Epic Games Store

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
One of the current freebies, AER - Memories of Old, is a really beautiful exploration game with some mild puzzle elements that has one of my favorite (and - strangely - relatively rare) mechanics/game-play conceits - you are a bird (a lot of the time) and you explore the world (mostly) by flying. You also morph into a boring old human and do some running and 3d platforming, but that's entirely forgivable. Also the soundtrack is really nice.

I bought and played this in 2018 on Xbox One and really enjoyed it. Really sad that the studio behind the game ultimately didn't make it, I had great hopes for further games from them. The founders seem to be all working for Ubisoft Massive now.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

What’s really depressing here is that there aren’t any official forums for Saints Row The Third Remastered. The game came exclusively on Epic Games Store, which does not feature any forums (or at least product comments). Thus, all PC gamers can do is directly email Deep Silver. That is of course if they have a contact email. Otherwise, they can hope to God that the Steam version will fix these issues. And, as you may have guessed, this Steam version will come out one year after the game’s Epic Games Store release.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Reactions: Dandy and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im curious to why State of Decay 2 is the only MS game on EGS. Maybe it's the devs themselves that took the initative themselves to put it there and MS don't care about EGS or MS wanted to test the waters for EGS?

Reactions: lashman

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Anybody heard something about a potential Tetris Effect Steam release next month? The 1-year deal expires on July 23rd and I've been looking forward to finally buy this game.

At least I know Control will be on Steam but the uncertainty of Tetris Effect is killing me :notlikethisblob:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Epic just pulled Paragon 2.0 with Fortnite Save the World

Epic announced that the PVE Fortnite mode is no longer going free to play and is being released out of early access and the game will now receive fewer updates. (The game is already barely updated as it is) Future BR skins will not be usable in STW like current ones are, and people who buy the game this point on won't even get daily vbucks like Founders do. Epic is abandoning their half-assed unfinished game and telling everyone who bought it to get stuffed.

The story is unfinished, the amount of content is minimal, The game is still a confusing unaccessible mess, 9 years of development only to be fucked over. Epic Games is a fucking joke.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Anybody heard something about a potential Tetris Effect Steam release next month? The 1-year deal expires on July 23rd and I've been looking forward to finally buy this game.

At least I know Control will be on Steam but the uncertainty of Tetris Effect is killing me :notlikethisblob:
There is confirmation of an Steam release from multiple official sources and the deal is publicly said that it's 12 month exclusive, however, pretty much like the EGS release, don't expect any announcement until the very last moment, we will be lucky if we get a store page before the last week prior the release.

Please check the spreadsheet if you have any question, 22 days left. :cat-heart-blob:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Tetris Company confirned in a support email that it was planned for Steam in “Late 2020” a while back but who knows when that’ll be exactly.

Reactions: lazerfox

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
There's a demo for No Straight Roads released.
Tried it. Dig the art direction, but it doesn't explain its mechanics particularly well and I couldn't figure out how to beat the boss. Oh well.

as far as freebies go: AER is a pretty solid Journey-like short exploration game with nice low-poly art direction, a great flight mechanic, and some Zelda-like puzzle dungeons (though they're on the simpler side iirc, as befits the thatgamecompany influence). Hue will be free starting Thursday and is a very polished 2D puzzle-platformer with a really well-implemented difficulty curve.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Maybe it's done by 505 Games?
This is strange, completely strange. Unless Epic could strong-arm retailers the 10 to 15% retail cut still applies. No-one wins here.
I am certain Control didn't sell out their sales guarantee, so 505 can't even individually sell cards of Control.
But why would Epic do that? They don't care if the game doesn't sell enough copies at the end of the exclusivity contract. And Cash cards in retail costs more than their cut which itself would be 0% in a sales guarantee because they own 100% of the sale regardless. So they are losing additionally 15% to a game that wasn't a sales wonder.

The only thing I can think of is that this move is another shot at Steam before the game releases on it.

It would be 100000% more effective to make generic EGS cards that can be used on any game if you are okay with losing money to get more people into your store.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Either the deal fell through or they giving away a game leaving the exclusive club and want to stifle the Steam launch, so they've moved things around a bit.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Did they ever make anything off Rocket League?
That game will be forgotten before long.

Reactions: ISee

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Meh Conan. Yay Killing Floor 2.

I'll report back with my experience in dl'ing the new trackmania and how it the EGS/Uplay matrimony works in practice!

Luckily its free.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Or Ooblets is so unfinished and broken that they fear massive backlash.

I still don't know what you do in Ooblets.

Reactions: C-Dub

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's so weird that Hello Games still hasn't changed the release date for The Last Campfire on Steam yet. It's still listed as coming in 2020. Maybe it's a really short exclusive (like 3 months)?
doubt it ... they probably just forgot they even published that store page ... it's been like a year since it went up

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Or Ooblets is so unfinished and broken that they fear massive backlash.

I still don't know what you do in Ooblets.
Wouldn't surprise me if the Ooblets developer really wanted this feature. The game looks really interesting if you're into that sort of thing, but the game has been in development since forever and is very likely going to come into early access very hot. They're just gonna ride out 12 months of EGS exclusivity as early as they feasibly can and go to the other storefronts asap, even if the game is still in early access after 12 months, which I suspect it will be.