News Epic Games Store

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Please feel FOMO and create an account so we may get this exclusivity campaign back on track.

Please? Here's a lady in armor to help you along.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

And people were saying Sega stuff is a one-time only deal.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Considering the last Total War Saga game sold pretty bad im not surprised they sold out Troy. At the time they announced exclusivity for it, it was really low on the top Steam wishlisted titles list. Which is pretty bad for a series whos last game (Three Kingdoms) was the #1 most wishlisted game on steam for almost a year.

Reactions: ISee

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
The reason Sega sold Troy to Epic was because they knew it was shit, we knew it was shit, and they knew that we knew it was shit.

The only people who didn't know it was shit was Epic.
Epic knew it was shit but they were desperate for a big exclusive or at least something with brand recognition.
Besides Troy what big-ish games did they have this year?

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Epic knew it was shit but they were desperate for a big exclusive or at least something with brand recognition.
Besides Troy what big-ish games did they have this year?
Tony Hawk, Godfall and Assassins’s Creed if you count co-exclusivity.

Kinda weird that Epic went from moneyhatting a shit ton of $60 big releases to having no $60 AAA exclusives this year aside from Ubisoft which arent exclusive and are a part of a pre-existing deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Spangle

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm surprised at Epic having their dev accounts suspended actually?
I understand their breaking the rule and so having the app removed from the store, but surely that was enough for the rules broken?
I guess they want to make sure that everyone gets the message not to fuck with them lol

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
What's stopping Tom from, I don't know, changing his email address?

Edit: oh my god, he probably used his email address as his username. Pretty sure I've read support cases that have allowed you to change your login handle if you used your email address and under some other circumstances. I presume he hasn't even tried. Valve even makes exceptions for dead names. Gaming bloggers continue to be tools. News at eleven.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
What's stopping Tom from, I don't know, changing his email address?

Edit: oh my god, he probably used his email address as his username. Pretty sure I've read support cases that have allowed you to change your login handle if you used your email address and under some other circumstances. I presume he hasn't even tried. Valve even makes exceptions for dead names. Gaming bloggers continue to be tools. News at eleven.
Steam used to use your email as your username, so even if you update your email address it keeps your old one as the username. It's a stupid point to get mad at and looks like he's clutching at straws to stan for Epic, but it's there.
I'm surprised at Epic having their dev accounts suspended actually?
I understand their breaking the rule and so having the app removed from the store, but surely that was enough for the rules broken?
I don't think Apple suspending their developer account is over the violating the TOS, or Epic even taking them to court. It's more over Epic purposefully engineering a situation to make Apple look bad.

If I ran a company, no matter how big or small, and some other company who I have worked with for years decided to break an agreement and sue my company, all as part of an engineered PR campaign to make my business look bad, then I wouldn't have a business relationship with that company anymore.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL]If I ran a company, no matter how big or small, and some other company who I have worked with for years decided to break an agreement and sue my company, all as part of an engineered PR campaign to make my business look bad, then I wouldn't have a business relationship with that company anymore.[/UWSL]
My thoughts exactly.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

What's wrong with these people?

It's valve's fault he still uses an email address he created at 15 and used that to create his steam account. And that twitter thread didn't stay there long. it got into steam looking like garbage, instead of looking at the problems being argued against epic. Why is it that a fight between Epic and Apple and Google devolved into steam bashing?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Epic games launcher continuously crashing.

Anyone else have this problem??

I have gifts to claim Epic.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I mean, Volvo owns Apple, obviously, so any beef Epic has with either of them it has with both of them.
Wasn't there a rumor or something that Valve and Apple were working together on AR stuff?

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Wasn't there a rumor or something that Valve and Apple were working together on AR stuff?
Yes and it will supposedly be unveiled in the next few months, according to the original rumor:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Yes and it will supposedly be unveiled in the next few months, according to the original rumor:

I think all thats is happening is because Timmy may be pissed he's not the one on the forefront of this kind of innovation. :shrugblob:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I think all thats is happening is because Timmy may be pissed he's not the one on the forefront of this kind of innovation. :shrugblob:
If anything Tim wouldn't want Unity or any other middleware dev toget a comfy lead with such tech and have his own engine lag behind because Apple blocked their dev access - which is to say -innovation schminovation, Tim just wants the money being able to license unreal for use on such a device will bring and can see himself being locked out of such a market. I don't think this is at the heart of the problems they're pissing and moaning about

Doctor Ironic

Mar 18, 2019

HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.
FUCK EVERYTHING

GOD DAMN IT, AAAAAUUUUUGHHHHH

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Hitman and THPS have been some deep, deep cuts.

But hey, more time and motivation to play the games I already own.

Exactly. I still haven't played Hitman 1 on my PS4.... (PS+ freebie)

Also, gonna say that THPS remake isn't worth the money, those games are super overrated. I played those games as a kid and I played THPS Project 8 as an adult. Guess which is the better game? Project 8 kicks the snot out of those games.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Remember when Hitman 2 was selling like shit and people had to encourage other people to ‘save’ IO.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Thanks! Yet again Epic Access gives the devs a year to fix the bugs and issues before a properly working release everywhere else on PC.

• Toucan
Reactions: Rogue Agent