News Epic Games Store

morningbus

taskmaster
Dec 8, 2018
Give me your filth, Epic.

Show me your depths, Tim.

Consume me whole or piece by piece, you fucking jackal; it matters not. Better have tempted me, have reached deep into my abyssal chest to scour for an obsidian heart, blackened and hardened by fire, adrift in a
chasm engorged from the roiling piss and shit you ejaculate from your cackling maw.

From the bottom of the cesspit you have created, fuck you.

Glad IO is getting paid at least.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I dislike this situation even more because it brings out my desire to convince people this is wrong, backed by my own conviction to point out wrongs when I see them. Seeing people arguing the same old shit over and over again in favour of EGS deals is tiring and works me up (I was able to ignore them most of the time, having muted the words "epic" "egs" "fortnte" "exclusive" and a whole slew of people on Twitter but as I mentioned, I love the Hitman games, and this one stings particularly).
Yeah, it is technically "just another laucher" if you dont care about functionality, library cohesion, business practice principles, moral dilemma of supporting Epic... yeah, it is good that IOI gets extra funding, but how is it my problem if they seem to consistently overestimate their sales and produce red numbers? Yeah, 12% is better for devs than 30%, but again, how is that my concern? Why should I accept Epic as my lord and saviour when they constantly make very morally questionable decisions? Why is IOI entitled to my sale if they put it on a platform I want nothing to do with? Since when does a buyer cater to the seller and not the other way around? Why should I let myself be tooled into a champion for companies who only want my money anyway and dont care about anything else? I have all Hitman games on Steam, and bought all the content of the last two, which wasnt exactly cheap, so IOI wouldnt really be in a position to argue I didnt spend enough on them.

In response to their exclusivity announcement, I tweeted "yeah, lost my sale. fucking hell, Io, expected more from you", and someone responded I shouldve read on, so I would understand why they took the money, and then basically "think" about my "bitchy" tweet; and another chimed in saying "they cant, they dont continue reading after they get angry" and it annoys the hell out of me, knowing these knobheads dont grasp the beginning of the whole argument , throw accusations readily because they seemingly have a picture of a raging Steam fanboy or whatever and basically make any attempt of discussion meaningless, especially on a platform like Twitter, where discussion is inherently limited. I mean, what do you even respond to that?

Because of course I read on and bloody know why they took the money. Its not like I havent heard the same PR blabber a hundred times in EGSclusivity announcements. Io seems to wanna downplay both exclusivity deals (EGS and PSVR) they took and dont seem to respond to criticisms. They havent learned from Hitman 2016 clusterfuck episodic release, nor from Hitman 2's release, where you almost needed a spreadsheet to figure out what to buy to get the whole experience. Its seriously no wonder they keep messing up releases. They make lovely murder simulators, but their business side seems to be completely aimless.

sorry for the equally aimless rant. Its just bloody annoying this is still happening. This damn industry, man. I really wish they wouldnt constantly say "we care about our loyal fans" while their actions say "we do not give a single shit about you - we want your money, and all of it; and then take a loan and give us that, too"

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I dislike this situation even more because it brings out my desire to convince people this is wrong, backed by my own conviction to point out wrongs when I see them. Seeing people arguing the same old shit over and over again in favour of EGS deals is tiring and works me up (I was able to ignore them most of the time, having muted the words "epic" "egs" "fortnte" "exclusive" and a whole slew of people on Twitter but as I mentioned, I love the Hitman games, and this one stings particularly).
Yeah, it is technically "just another laucher" if you dont care about functionality, library cohesion, business practice principles, moral dilemma of supporting Epic... yeah, it is good that IOI gets extra funding, but how is it my problem if they seem to consistently overestimate their sales and produce red numbers? Yeah, 12% is better for devs than 30%, but again, how is that my concern? Why should I accept Epic as my lord and saviour when they constantly make very morally questionable decisions? Why is IOI entitled to my sale if they put it on a platform I want nothing to do with? Since when does a buyer cater to the seller and not the other way around? Why should I let myself be tooled into a champion for companies who only want my money anyway and dont care about anything else? I have all Hitman games on Steam, and bought all the content of the last two, which wasnt exactly cheap, so IOI wouldnt really be in a position to argue I didnt spend enough on them.

In response to their exclusivity announcement, I tweeted "yeah, lost my sale. fucking hell, Io, expected more from you", and someone responded I shouldve read on, so I would understand why they took the money, and then basically "think" about my "bitchy" tweet; and another chimed in saying "they cant, they dont continue reading after they get angry" and it annoys the hell out of me, knowing these knobheads dont grasp the beginning of the whole argument , throw accusations readily because they seemingly have a picture of a raging Steam fanboy or whatever and basically make any attempt of discussion meaningless, especially on a platform like Twitter, where discussion is inherently limited. I mean, what do you even respond to that?

Because of course I read on and bloody know why they took the money. Its not like I havent heard the same PR blabber a hundred times in EGSclusivity announcements. Io seems to wanna downplay both exclusivity deals (EGS and PSVR) they took and dont seem to respond to criticisms. They havent learned from Hitman 2016 clusterfuck episodic release, nor from Hitman 2's release, where you almost needed a spreadsheet to figure out what to buy to get the whole experience. Its seriously no wonder they keep messing up releases. They make lovely murder simulators, but their business side seems to be completely aimless.

sorry for the equally aimless rant. Its just bloody annoying this is still happening. This damn industry, man. I really wish they wouldnt constantly say "we care about our loyal fans" while their actions say "we do not give a single shit about you - we want your money, and all of it; and then take a loan and give us that, too"
Trying to talk to anyone on twitter about EGS is like talking to a brick wall. All they know is free games and 12% good Steam BAD and Epic is a flawless company thats trying to save consumers from the monopolistic clutches of Apple and Valve. They believe any PR garbage Tim and Epic spew out because they can only comprehend buzzwords.

Their talk means jack shit anyway, Shilling for Epic won't suddenly make that horrible $230m revenue from 2019 any better. Silent minority as always.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Trying to talk to anyone on twitter about EGS is like talking to a brick wall. All they know is free games and 12% good Steam BAD and Epic is a flawless company thats trying to save consumers from the monopolistic clutches of Apple and Valve. They believe any PR garbage Tim and Epic spew out because they can only comprehend buzzwords.

Their talk means jack shit anyway, Shilling for Epic won't suddenly make that horrible $230m revenue from 2019 any better. Silent minority as always.
Oh yes, true. I know that discussing EGS on Twitter, especially with converts of the weird "EGS=PC saviour" cult, is pointless. To them, I'm probably just a Steam stan or Valve shill or whatever if I don't bow down to Tim Sweeney. I just wish it wouldnt rile me up so much. I argue with these people in my head because I have a deep-seated desire for people to at least understand, even if they choose not to agree. I know this isnt always possible, but encountering mean or ignorant people, in RL or online, still always rubs me the wrong way. Something I need to learn to better shrug off, I guess.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Here's a free tip epic, use some of that money you got from using kids as proxy to their parents wallets and hire someone with photoshop skills. Even by your low standards this is pretty bad.
Here's a better tip, end this 'moral' crusade and don't inadvertently cause Fortnite's downfall in the process. You aren't a moral guiding light in the darkness of the gaming industry. Use your massive amounts of cash to internally develop more games.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I really dont like the argument that eggs is better for devs.

Mostly its publishers making these deals so the devs dont get any benefit from these deals.

Some of these devs taking the moneyhat are massive and dont need the eggs money to stay afloat (Ubisoft, Gearbox etc)

For the ones that do they are such a tiny number compared to all the other devs out there making games i just dont get how someone can argue in favour of eggs for devs. The majority of devs arent ever going to get on eggs and so what about them?

It should say 'eggs is better for 0.01% of game devs'

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
You'd think Epic would have enough money to actually pay one of their artists to do a decent photoshop! Hell, They should have done it in UE5 to show off the engine more. Missed Opportunity. Sad and lacking effort and imagination.

F-
They can have their artists make an entire CG trailer for the lawsuit but they went to the intern from accouting to make them a hat by taking a royalty free render of a hat and skewing some white text a bit.

There's cheap and then there's holy shit is this a college project

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
it's probably trolling. looks like the ugly ass hats apple sent employees for the anniversary of the mac.

wasn't this exact hat, just had the logo on it but i couldn't find the exact hat on google. we got these, a poster, and a shirt. sold the poster and hat for a pretty penny on ebay after i quit 😆

apple was big into sending out care packages full of branded bullshit, but it was kinda neat cause it'd often be a random package with no notice.

Reactions: Alexandros

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Bah. Oh well.

I agree with whoever it was earlier in the thread saying its not worth getting worked up over these moneyhats. Plenty of other games to play until they come to Steam and by then it'll be cheaper and patched. All eggs is doing is reinforcing my feelings that modern games shouldn't be bought at launch as they usually are buggy and are at their most expensive.

So if you think about it.....Eggs is helping me better my purchasing behaviour. Maybe that was Timmys plan all along :thinking-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm glad you asked because i have no idea. Is it a Fortnite character silhouette?
I know nothing about Fortnite aside from it's super-popular and you build stuff and shoot peeps.