News Epic Games Store

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Edit: Tim mentioned approaching more developers earlier in their dev cycle compared to in the past where they would poach nearly finished games. That's not quite as obnoxious compared to just going to the Steam top wishlists and going to town. Still not a fan of exclustivity, but it is a bit more tolerable.

• Sad
Reactions: Ge0force and sk2k

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Edit: Tim mentioned approaching more developers earlier in their dev cycle compared to in the past where they would poach nearly finished games. That's not quite as obnoxious compared to just going to the Steam top wishlists and going to town. Still not a fan of exclustivity, but it is a bit more tolerable.

Yeah, this sounds like Indies will be the main focus again.

Reactions: prudis

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Can't really see any big moneyhats from them the rest of the year.

Maybe Dying Light 2 or FF7R? Maybe another extension for the Ubisoft deal.

It will probably be smaller titles with some big freebies + shopping cart announcement to end the show lol.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I had to reply to a post on era about the "exclusives sell platforms" (EGS) and the featureset can be ignored (Steam) notion.

Nintendo and Microsoft prove that this opinion is wrong. All the exclusives of the world can't save a bad Platform, or the WiiU and the XboxOne would have been smashing successes.
Instead, Nintendo reinvented themselves and invested into features, QoL, and technology that wasn't available yet.
The same with Microsoft, they didn't came back to their feet (kinda, the future will decide it) because of exclusives, they became relevant again and did grow their business because of aa new feature/software: GamePass.

Exclusives can only hold the status quo but it doesn't really expand the userbase. (Console userbase is stagnating/shrinking since the 360/ps3/wii days)

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Well, clearly, as we have seen in the annual report, that's NOT the case for everyone :coffee-blob:
It isn't the case for decades. When was the last time an underdog won a platform war through exclusives? PS1?
All other examples of gaining ground (360/Switch) or winning the war (Wii) were through hardware gimmicks.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

WOW SO MANY FREE GAMES
Someone pm this SteffK guy to join our community. His comments are spot on.

Anyway, the only new thing I learned from this thread is that Jobbs' game is called Ghost Song, which has been moved to my ignore list already. 😊

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Anyway, the only new thing I learned from this thread is that Jobbs' game is called Ghost Song, which has been moved to my ignore list already. 😊
You dont know about Ghost Song?
That is a game that been in development for a few years and is gonna struggle on steam due to being a metroidvania style game in a platform that already has lots of metroidvanias released on it for the better part of a decade.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com

You dont know about Ghost Song?
That is a game that been in development for a few years and is gonna struggle on steam due to being a metroidvania style game in a platform that already has lots of metroidvanias released on it for the better part of a decade.
Are you talking about the same game ? All I can find with the Ghost Song name is this :

Developped by Old Moon aka Matt White, can't find any reference to Jobbs here, am I missing something ?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I predict: many b-tier Nacon and Embracer games that they know will fail so they may as well get a cheque from Timmy to write off the expense.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Lol yeah, they specifically said "more exclusives", not "better exclusives". And yet people are expecting FFVIIR. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Mor

Mor

Sep 7, 2018

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Are you talking about the same game ? All I can find with the Ghost Song name is this :

Developped by Old Moon aka Matt White, can't find any reference to Jobbs here, am I missing something ?
That's the game. Jobbs confirmed it in that thread.
I predict: many b-tier Nacon and Embracer games that they know will fail so they may as well get a cheque from Timmy to write off the expense.
My guess goes to Payday 3 and the upcoming game from Tripwire (Killing Floor 3?).

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
My guess goes to Payday 3 and the upcoming game from Tripwire (Killing Floor 3?).
Maybe not in this presentation (as I don't know how far they are in development) but those two are safe bets as they match some requirements they have been following since day 1.

-Youtuber/Streamer content
-Easy to sell to younger audiences
-already known and successful previous entries
-in the case of PayDay, troubled development.

:coffee-blob:

• This!
Reactions: Ge0force

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Again, more and more this feels like it will be full of updates for current EGS games and new exclusives won't be that many.

there will be exclusive, I'm sure, hll, I will even say that probably an AAA, but again, this feels like what I said.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
probably the final part of DLC
There are 2 dlcs left, phase 3 (was suppose to release at the end of december) and phase 4 which is more of an "expansion". I expect release date for phase 3 and tease of phase 4. I don't expect a Steam release until all DLCs are out, but I will be positively suprised if it happens before.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
What's going on with Ghost Song? I'd been looking forward to that if it ever releases. I can't seem to make myself wade through another mess of an era thread.
From my understanding Jobbs is perfectionist to a fault and has switched engines like 3 times? Something along those lines.

He has a publisher and is aiming for a 2021 release so eh

Reactions: Wildebeet

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
From my understanding Jobbs is perfectionist to a fault and has switched engines like 3 times? Something along those lines.

He has a publisher and is aiming for a 2021 release so eh
More like Ghost game. Well at least it's still going, I guess. I'm following a bunch of games like that, where that style is so old now they're not going to sell anything.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
What's going on with Ghost Song? I'd been looking forward to that if it ever releases. I can't seem to make myself wade through another mess of an era thread.
Ghost Song developer Jobbs is one of the most persistent "it's just another launcher" apologists on Era, while ignoring every argument that has been posted over and over again.

People like him are the reason why I left Era, so I don't feel like giving him my money.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Ghost Song developer Jobbs is one of the most persistent "it's just another launcher" apologists on Era, while ignoring every argument that has been posted over and over again.

People like him are the reason why I left Era, so I don't feel like giving him my money.
Ah I see. Well, he can think what he wants. As soon as he releases it on my preferred launcher, I'll check it out. (in 2028)

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else

I have asked in the Steam forum of Ghost Song and he answered that the game won't be an EGS exclusive. I REALLY hope that is true.

Reactions: Wildebeet

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I have asked in the Steam forum of Ghost Song and he answered that the game won't be an EGS exclusive. I REALLY hope that is true.
This probably means Epic rejected this game, which makes it even more ridiculous that the developer is so vocal in judging people for boycotting EGS.

Last edited: