News Epic Games Store

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Chivalry 2 has been a disaster. WTF were they thinking?
I hadn't really followed anything about it, but checking now...that subreddit is furious

Some of the top posts:
can someone tell this fucking devs the game is literally bleeding player like a chopped off arm
Just please for the love of God fix the invites. Me and my friends spend atleast 15 minutes sending invites and relaunching the game before we can even play
Just an FYI TB: My friends have moved on to other games due to the time consuming dance of attempting to form 4-man parties. This should have been isolated early on post-release and hot-fixed, instead of being bundled in a larger patch.
You know all my friends think I’m a douche because I hyped this game up and we can’t even play together.

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
I'm still kinda surprised they went the Epic route. Chivalry 2 would have been a huge hit on Steam considering how extremely popular MORDHAU was at launch. MORDHAU's population has been on a decline and people have been clamoring for a new medieval slasher. I think the devs missed a golden opportunity by not launching day 1 on Steam.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Chivalry 2 has been a disaster. WTF were they thinking?
Was just reading about it, I'm honestly shocked at how bad it managed to be.

I've avoided EGS till Chiv came out and goddamn I was shocked that they don't even have a freaking chat. Like HOW. It's been YEARS since they became big. Steam is like you friends perfect homework that you just gotta copy and yet everything about EGS sucks.

The fact that every time I restart the game (to try and be able to invite my friends) I land on the fucking front page of the store with no option to have the games library pop up first. It's aggravatingly bad. Can't gift games to other players, either. Wtf is this shit?
I believe the Dev said the issue itself is using the built in friend system for epic and consoles to link people to parties is a bigger issue than they expected.

Epic's friend system is full trash and I'm guessing there's an issue with integration with Epic's API and whatever Chivarly is trying to do. There's some sort of disconnect that's happening that they haven't figured out yet with Epic's shitty friend system for PC.
And steam parties/friend list has 100x the features that Epic Games Launcher has (well, what does EGL friend list do beside just showing who's online and who's not?). I'm ready to bet we will NEVER see basic stuff like being able to "hot join" on a friend already in a game/on a server like we can in so many games on steam. Can't even give party leadership to someone else so if the party leader leaves, you have to restart the party from the ground up.
Seems to be a lot of complaining about "just using a different launcher."
:steam_pigblanket:

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
I'm still kinda surprised they went the Epic route. Chivalry 2 would have been a huge hit on Steam considering how extremely popular MORDHAU was at launch. MORDHAU's population has been on a decline and people have been clamoring for a new medieval slasher. I think the devs missed a golden opportunity by not launching day 1 on Steam.
I did find MORDHAU to have more interesting setup varieties than Chivalry 2, but yeah it probably would have made itself into top sellers list just by virtue of being new. And I do fear they'll get to have their golden timing on Steam day 1 release even after taking the Epic cashbag.

Reactions: lashman and Yoshi

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I blame Tripwire. They ran head first into these Epic deals with their published titles (Maneater/Chiv2). Seems like a waste, tbh.

I also blame the Chiv devs for fumbling the success of Chiv 1. What a shame.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I blame Tripwire. They ran head first into these Epic deals with their published titles (Maneater/Chiv2). Seems like a waste, tbh.
yup, they're all in on the egs train ... same with Zen Studios - every single game from them (including games published by them) since egs was announced has been egsclusive

• Sad
Reactions: Yoshi

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Pretty sure after their Magic-based Chivalry game flopped they have been in fear of being a one trick pony that could easily have to close if their next tentpole failed. I think the same with Surgeon Simulator 2.

I did find MORDHAU to have more interesting setup varieties than Chivalry 2, but yeah it probably would have made itself into top sellers list just by virtue of being new. And I do fear they'll get to have their golden timing on Steam day 1 release even after taking the Epic cashbag.
They probably had already accepted the moneyhat before Mordhau launched (and probably were partly scared of Mordhau fucking up their launch).

Reactions: lashman and Yoshi

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well EGS got Falcon Age and Tetris Effect first... even if they have non VR mode...
true ... maybe it was Disney's decision then? i can't imagine Zen not wanting to make that particular one egsclusive since they made everything else egsclusive (including the new pinball)

• Sad
Reactions: Ge0force

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
[UWSL]Seems to be a lot of complaining about "just using a different launcher."[/UWSL]
If only people would vote with their wallets. I mean, obviously lots of people are doing so already, but if there's any chance for Epic's money hatting to stop, more people should stop buying these exclusives. If that doesn't happen, fragmentation for 3rd party games between different launchers may become the norm in the (near) future.

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
yup, they're all in on the egs train ... same with Zen Studios - every single game from them (including games published by them) since egs was announced has been egsclusive
The new Pinball FX going EGS exclusive really pissed me off, especially since I'm supposed to buy every of the 80+ tables I already own again. I really, really love pinball games, but there's no way Zen will ever see another cent from me. 😠

• This!

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The new Pinball FX going EGS exclusive really pissed me off, especially since I'm supposed to buy every of the 80+ tables I already own again. I really, really love pinball games, but there's no way Zen will ever see another cent from me. 😠
it's ok ... Zaccaria is better anyway

• Comfy
Reactions: Ge0force

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
If only people would vote with their wallets. I mean, obviously lots of people are doing so already, but if there's any chance for Epic's money hatting to stop, more people should stop buying these exclusives. If that doesn't happen, fragmentation for 3rd party games between different launchers may become the norm in the (near) future.
I think enough people are avoiding EGS to kill it. Tim is just very stubborn while he's got Fortnite money. Hopefully he gets bored of pursuing his digital fiefdom dreams and decides to buy his way into a different market.

And they're not gonna get anywhere so long as the launcher and the service is shite.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I think enough people are avoiding EGS to kill it. Tim is just very stubborn while he's got Fortnite money. Hopefully he gets bored of pursuing his digital fiefdom dreams and decides to buy his way into a different market.

And they're not gonna get anywhere so long as the launcher and the service is shite.
Until EGS becomes customer focused, it will remaining a middling player with Epic throwing cash to secure press/exclusives\mindshare. Players will follow the games, but they'll follow them to the store that has the best customer experience. The inside baseball of dev royalties and payments contracts don't factor into where games are bought for the majority of us, in and outside the META/ERA bubble, but a store that provides the user their best experience certainly does.

Tim isn't putting his money in the right place, until some massive overhauls/additions come to EGS., even Epic funded, deved from-the-ground-up EGS games won't do it.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
It is a bit weird that the eggs is still really shit. Its unlikely they will ever have things like forums and user reviews as Tim has said those aren't worth it (spoiler alert, they are). I am surprised that they haven't quickly rolled out some of the other quality of life things like cloud saves, a shopping cart (lol) controller support, achievements, better search tools etc. I think once those things are implemented for everything on the store more people wont have a problem using it but its strange that not much has improved after all this time.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
There are. :evilblob:
There are. :fingergunsblob: Shift+F3 for the overlay.
Not sure what you mean. Like SteamInput?
Ha, shows how much notice i give to the eggs store. Are Cloud saves and Achievements available for all games? I remember reading it was just for a select few.

And yeah, something akin to SteamInput, i think its those features that would make some people less opposed to using Epic.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Seeing as many developers couldn't even be arsed to crop a few pictures for the new library on Steam, I am not entirely surprised by this :grimacing-face:

I feel like if you're gonna keep selling a game somewhere, at least put in some effort for the sake of people paying for it...

• Toucan
  • This!
Reactions: madjoki and lashman

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

:face-screaming-in-fear:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

:face-screaming-in-fear:
Wonder if it’ll be “up next” for 15+ months like achievements have been

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

All 9 free DLC and 3 paid extensions have been relisted on the Epic Store. This time the DLC was named codename, some of which are currently in QA testing. The price of paid extensions is reset to $0.01 as a placeholder, and the price may change.
They are now developing extended content 1, which may be launched in early 2022. A part of the team has already started developing this extension.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Funny. I like to imagine that Gabe read these tweets and proceeded to checkmate Tim.

we and Valve just wrote PC launchers and partnered with payment processors.
I don't have a problem with the concept of console platform fees.
Consoles could ultimately benefit from richer store ecosystems though.
What if some day you could purchase a game once and own it on all platforms that support the game, PC, console, and mobile?
:fingergunsblob:

Last edited:
  • Toucan

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Mor I think this might be a new exclusive? The EGS date is August 12 while the Steam date is 2022.

Might be, will check data and developer wording and if it is I will add it to the spreadsheet, thanks :)

EDIT: 2022 release date was changed 9 months ago Arc

Last edited: