News Epic Games Store

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Added both Voidtrain and Against the Storm to the spreadsheet, both have confirmation for Steam/GOG releases and sources are inside, if you want to help me finding the ones that are still "unknown" please check my spreadsheet and if you find ANY official comment about Steam, share it with me so we can complete the data :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

Once again, thanks for your help, everyone.

CGriffiths86

Nerd Dad
Mar 19, 2021
This may have already been asked, but has anyone tried Obduction in VR off EPIC? I'm assuming it would work just like Subnautica and just launch steamvr.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
This may have already been asked, but has anyone tried Obduction in VR off EPIC? I'm assuming it would work just like Subnautica and just launch steamvr.
Should work in the same way :blobmorning:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
funny how the train game wasnt supposed to launch in early access , but suddently is in early access as timed scloosie :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I've noticed that more and more EGS exclusives are "early access", and launch on Steam when the 1.0 version is ready. I'm curious why that is, since the lack of community features makes EGS the worst choice for early access. Perhaps Epic is still offering the usual minimum guarantee for these games?

Reactions: prudis and lashman

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

A few new screenshots.

And another dev that was rescued by Epic if what they claim is true

• Toucan
Reactions: prudis

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I've noticed that more and more EGS exclusives are "early access", and launch on Steam when the 1.0 version is ready. I'm curious why that is, since the lack of community features makes EGS the worst choice for early access. Perhaps Epic is still offering the usual minimum guarantee for these games?
Epic funds their development and if they do early access it starts the countdown on 1 year of exclusivity before the game has even officially released.

They don’t actually give a fuck about feedback from players.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Profiles remind me a lot of the Xbox ones.. Sterile but pretty alright. It's interesting they added a cart after all. It will be nice for those $10 off coupons. I thought they'd hold off for longer or maybe even never do it. Next, user reviews? Could this be the year? Still waiting to see what their super special secret sauce implementation will be.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
For some reason, Ubisoft is offering EGS keys for the latest Trackmania through Humble Bundle:

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Doesn't look like Chivalry fans are happy about the state of the game. I knew there has been a drop in players, but not so bad it get's people to make this:

The big thing is party invites not working and people can not play together. The new patch seemingly didn't fix it because its a problem with EGS.

Also, the game was advertised to be cross-play.

People still can't play together across platforms with friends. Torn Banner hasn't changed.

These two old quotes from Torn Banner are hilarious in hindsight.

"Epic has put significant investment and support behind the game and really let us take things to a whole new level that wouldn’t be possible without the partnership. This allows us to be in a position where we can deliver Chivalry 2 as a true sequel without compromise…our history of working with them as partners on the Unreal Engine 4 leaves us confident that the Epic Store we will launch on will be vastly improved over what it is today"

“We would never have considered launching on the Epic Games Store if we thought the store we will launch on will be anything like the version it is today. That store simply must improve, and we believe it will.”

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I might be overthinking, but is Galyonkin sort of implying that Valve might have deals with some publishers to stop their games from releasing on EGS? They might not be giving them upfront cash, but they could cut a special rate for big companies. That's purely baseless speculation on my part.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I might be overthinking, but is Galyonkin sort of implying that Valve might have deals with some publishers to stop their games from releasing on EGS? They might not be giving them upfront cash, but they could cut a special rate for big companies. That's purely baseless speculation on my part.
That's extremely unlikely. I also strongly disagree with him that exclusive games are a sign of a healthy competitive market. Galy is full of crap as usual.

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
More like EGS wont be accepting all games. Look at Tim talking "Quality games".

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
It's a way of reading it but no, what it means is that Steam will let everyone in while EGS won't and EGS will do exclusivity deals that prevent a Steam release (at least for some time)

Reactions: lashman

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Valve makes a point to have Steam as open as humanly possible, for better or worse. Though I'm sure they're striking deals behind the scenes, I sincerely doubt any of them involve exclusivity.

Reactions: C-Dub and lashman

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Valve makes a point to have Steam as open as humanly possible, for better or worse. Though I'm sure they're striking deals behind the scenes, I sincerely doubt any of them involve exclusivity.
Are there deals between Valve and some publishers? yes, there are at various levels, from projection cuts to marketing deals, but as you might have seen with MS or EA, their deals won't require exclusivity of any kind, just to be present on Steam,

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
quite the opposite in fact

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
There are no deals involved otherwise we would know about it, especially from the Epic v Apple court case. MS approached Valve, as confirmed by Gabe and EA came to Steam due to EA Play. So far only State of Decay 2 released on EGS from MS (I assume it was because WWZ did well on EGS, so SoD2 being also zombie game, MS wanted to test the waters, I guess it failed on EGS) and EA only have Star Wars games (probably something to do with Disney), Knockout City and BF2042.

I think a lot of pubs and devs sees Steam as a "everyone is there" storefront and because Valve has not cultivated Steam into being a "come here to claim free stuff" storefront, pubs and devs knows people buy stuff on Steam.

If a dev/pub is interested in multistore release it will depend on how easy it is to self-publish on EGS. Desptie self-publishing tools Epic may still reject it. Which sucks and Epic doesn't seem to have much interest in discovery features and data driven algorithms, so a self-published game accepted by Epic will have a high risk of getting buried while on Steam there is a much less chance of getting buried, so devs and pubs may just end up skipping EGS as it may end up being like PS Store which is terrible unless you are Hollow Knight Silksong or a well known dev like Supergiant.