News Epic Games Store

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Epic also updated GraphQL queries to remove that field, however by using old query, you can still access the data.

So for now, my script is still updating the data successfully.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I had honestly never heard of this game. EGS marketing black hole strikes again I guess 😁
It was in one of those exclusive EGS reels on in 2020, but I got far less interested in it when understanding it became a bit of a roguelike. I don't really like my horror games to be roguelikes, doesn't fit the genre really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ge0force

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Kind of a pointless tidbit, but Sins of a Solar Empire 2 has been on Epic's servers since May 2020. That's still around the time they were signing a bunch of of exclusives, but starting to ween off them as they had announced their publishing label a few months prior.
Kind of a pointless tidbit, but Sins of a Solar Empire 2 has been on Epic's servers since May 2020. That's still around the time they were signing a bunch of of exclusives, but starting to ween off them as they had announced their publishing label a few months prior.
Well, this pretty much confirms that most of their exclusivity efforts stopped around this time as we suggested in the past, no wonder why we are still seeing things popping-up from that moment, essentially games that weren't ready to be confirmed at the time but they signed it.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect them to get too many things now as we have seen. Some small stuff? sure, some games will go EGS exclusive for a year still but overall? I wouldn't count with reels nor things like that.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I still wouldn't be surprised if they go after GTA 6 as an exclusive. If there's one game that would drive people to EGS, it's that. Take-Two would probably ask hundreds of millions (maybe even a billion?) for a deal, and even then it probably wouldn't be over a few months as the longest T2 deal was Borderlands 3. Of course that's years(?) away from even hypothetically happening.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I still wouldn't be surprised if they go after GTA 6 as an exclusive. If there's one game that would drive people to EGS, it's that. Take-Two would probably ask hundreds of millions (maybe even a billion?) for a deal, and even then it probably wouldn't be over a few months as the longest T2 deal was Borderlands 3. Of course that's years(?) away from even hypothetically happening.
RDR2 was barely a month long, remember :)

Reactions: Arc
Dec 5, 2018
That game is years away, If the store is still going I don't see them burning that much for a "co-exclusivity" (god, I hate that word) with the Rockstar launcher that I'm 100% sure would undercut them in someway. And then all the (obviously coming) mtx would go throught the RL, dunno sounds like a bad deal sure get more users for a while, and then they get to use the RL. But it's so far away that any prediction now is meaningless so:shrugblob:

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I was specifically talking about being able to rearrange games inside my library. Like when you have games that suddenly drop any numbering or go from Roman numerals to numbered. That’s what I am after
And you can rename games in EGS like this? From the tweet above nothing indicates that.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
A weird decision IMO. Having votes listed showed up in Google search results portion that shows review scores on platforms which would have helped SEO. Also less informed users would see that a game has 1000 reviews on Steam and 500 votes on EGS and think the EGS version is doing pretty well (although the review and votes systems are so wildly different, I've seen that discussion on Reddit).

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I still cannot believe Epic is cool with associating themselves with NFTs given the sheer amount of backlash over the past year and the reality that they do not need any bad press or associations with their store. Articles like this are the last thing they need... At this point they just better hope that none of these blockchain/NFT games goes full scam and brings Epic's association into question.

Speculation time:
I speculate Epic wants to lean into the, "your game inventory is cross-platform/store/game," leveraging EOS/Epic accounts to achieve cross-inventory. Epic may be lending very soft support to NFTs and blockchain since they are touted for cross-inventory reasons as to why they should be added into video games. If the idea takes off, Epic is already positioned to throw itself into supporting cross-inventory, though probably divorced of anything blockchain related. Whatsmore, if NFTs/blockchain themselves are accepted, then it could give Epic another Trojan horse means of getting this to work on the Apple, Google, and console stores while bypassing some of the store fees they are trying to cut out. Even more tinfoil hat speculation time, I think partly why Tim says the tech has potential, he means the potential at being able to have a point of sale occur on the Epic store, while the user can still use their purchase anywhere and everywhere seamlessly, including on platforms that Tim feels are currently blocking the company's plans like Apple devices. Apple getting ahead of this and requiring NFTs to go through their payment methods is exactly what he did not want to happen since it results in the worst of both worlds, shutting the door at this being able to lead to another possibility of bypassing Apple/Google AND now having to support NFT/blockchain games on your store, risking PR issues.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Epic published so it will probably never come to Steam.

Also, unless I'm missing something, Trails from Zero didn't even reach the top 100 on the EGS charts yesterday. It's been hanging around the 10-15 position on Steam the past day and is #3 on GOG. Maybe the EGS charts didn't update yesterday. I haven't really much attention to them since they removed F2P games from the top sellers. :shrugblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Epic published so it will probably never come to Steam.

Also, unless I'm missing something, Trails from Zero didn't even reach the top 100 on the EGS charts yesterday. It's been hanging around the 10-15 position on Steam the past day and is #3 on GOG. Maybe the EGS charts didn't update yesterday. I haven't really much attention to them since they removed F2P games from the top sellers. :shrugblob:
who cares, it will release and only the supefans will know it exist

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

New NFT game.

How is blockchain, NFT, or cryptocurrency used in this product?
Users can acquire professional SuperStars as NFTs to play with on their rosters! NFT SuperStars will have a higher level cap, better base stats, and skills, which default players will not have. These SuperStars can be leveled up and listed on the marketplace.
Can I use the product without interacting or engaging with blockchain, NFT, or cryptocurrency?
Yes! When you sign up for STG Football you will receive a full roster of non-NFT SuperStars which we call "Default Players". Default Players have lower level caps, less energy, and no skills. You will be able to play, level up your SuperStars, and more without ever interacting with an NFT or cryptocurrency.
Technically everyone will be creating a Forte wallet on signup, but you won’t even notice it! It will just be ready for you when you do start earning NFTs!
That sounds...fun?