|OT| Epic Meta Store - $10 Coupon for your egsclusive thoughts

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Just a thought. If I register for a new account but change to another country instead of Sweden. Will I be able to pay in that country's currency instead?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Several good deal if you include the coupon.
We will have the full picture when the steam sale begins, but not bad. Still, with my backlog, why give money to EGS ? It's not even a matter of principles at that point.

If I buy Anno 1800, am I forced to launch it from EGS or directly from Uplay ? If it's like they did on Steam I would have to launch on EGS. Which is beyond stupid. Hey, let's launch a launcher to launch the game in another launcher. Launcherception.

Reactions: KainXVIII

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Several good deal if you include the coupon.
We will have the full picture when the steam sale begins, but not bad. Still, with my backlog, why give money to EGS ? It's not even a matter of principles at that point.

If I buy Anno 1800, am I forced to launch it from EGS or directly from Uplay ? If it's like they did on Steam I would have to launch on EGS. Which is beyond stupid. Hey, let's launch a launcher to launch the game in another launcher. Launcherception.
If only Sekiro was in EGS :steam_pig_cool:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Tomorrow:

• 2020/12/25: Darkest Dungeon
  • 2020/12/26: My Time at Portia
  • 2020/12/27: Night in the Woods
  • 2020/12/28: Stranded Deep
  • 2020/12/29: Solitairica
  • 2020/12/30: Torchlight II
  • 2020/12/31: Jurassic World Evolution
Unrelated:

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: KainXVIII

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
:sad_tim:

Good news! The EGS client will finally be less bloated! I always keep it closed unless I have to because of this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: beep boop
OP
gabbo

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Good news! The EGS client will finally be less bloated! I always keep it closed unless I have to because of this issue.
Dear Tim, if the fix is not 'don't create the launcher in Unreal Engine' it's still broken. C'Mon man.

Reactions: Stevey

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Be the hero in the ultimate STAR WARS™ battle fantasy with STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition!

Get STAR WARS Battlefront II and the complete collection of customization content acquirable through in-game purchase from launch up to – and including – items inspired by STAR WARS™: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER™.*

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
New releases:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
FYI: Scott Pilgrim is also on Uplay and Down in Bermuda is coming to Steam today and is on Apple Store too.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Good to know. DiB is a work of Yaks, which is the studio behind a decent PnC (Agent A). I may get it at some point.

Last edited:
OP
gabbo

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Ahah, thanks! It is half-AI half-Gimp.

I did not realize that Tim had a little moustache before editing this picture.

It makes him look like a skeezy 16 year old with a receding hairline, your work captures that perfectly

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman
OP
gabbo

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
EGS->Steam->EGS?
Not one to let a good idea go used only by it's competitor, that it totally made up on its own and clearly wasnt influenced by anyone, EGS is holding a Spring Showcase event and sale on Twitch on Feb 11th

The Epic Games Store Showcase Sale 2021 Starts on Feb 11!

Hopefully it will actually showcase some new/indie games and not moneyhatted ones that have publishing deals or would be considered AA-AAA.
Again, totally Epic's idea alone, not influenced by any spigot-eqsue demo previews currently happening

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
A nice explanation.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
A crack splits the sky above Gotham City... a tear in reality itself. This rift pulls the Dark Knight into a bizarre and unfamiliar world, with no memory of who he is or where he came from...Batman has been drawn into Fortnite!

As he fights to recall his past and escape an endless loop of chaos and struggle, he’ll come face-to-face with the likes of Renegade Raider, Fishstick, Bandolier, and more. While the world's greatest detective strives to make sense of this strange new world, he’ll uncover the shocking truth about the Island, what lies beyond the Loop, and how everything is connected to the mysterious Zero Point.

Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point uncovers secrets never before revealed in game or anywhere else! Every fan of Batman, Fortnite, stunning art and edge-of-your-seat excitement won't want to miss the Caped Crusader facing off against Fortnite champions on the Island, in a desperate attempt to save not only himself, but other familiar faces from the DCU…and perhaps the Multiverse itself!

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019
Rage 2 is a lot of fun so far. I really don’t understand the negative reception.

It doesn’t seem to play nice with Steam Input and Dual Shock gyro though.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
A nice explanation.

The Steam team at Valve has also been incredibly supportive of Axiom Verge, and my decision to partner with Epic on this is in no way a comment on my relationship with Valve. Without Valve’s embrace of indie game development so long ago, there might not even have been an indie scene. No Valve, no indie scene, no Axiom Verge. Before I signed with Epic, my business partner Dan Adelman spoke with Valve and explained our thought process. Although they were disappointed not to have Axiom Verge 2 at launch, they understood that this was the right decision both for this game and my family.
It hurts, but I understand. Of course, whenever Happ mentions his son, it comes with pain. So I get it.

I do think it's interesting that the industry would not be what it is now if it were not for Valve giving indie games more visibility.

OP
gabbo

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
It's a timed exclusive so that's good. They get money, security and peace of mind and Steam gets the game a bit later on.
Hey, an indie dev who just came out and said "yeah, the money helps me live without stress" and not gaslight their fanbase AND says it'll be on steam.
Every other indie dev thinking of going with a 'scluzie deal, take notes.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Timmy the saviour , he onyl wants more money to himself and offer own service while acting like the paragon of fairness
That is ex-Valve Chet who says so!

As a side-note, I don't like the dude's arrogant attitude and I usually disagree with his takes, especially when expressed with a short and abstruse tweet.

Reactions: sk2k