|OT| Epic Meta Store - $10 Coupon for your egsclusive thoughts

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I cannot find reviews for Oddworld.

which was released yesterday:

Based on the talks in the Discord, there are critical bugs.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I cannot find reviews for Oddworld.

which was released yesterday:

Based on the talks in the Discord, there are critical bugs.
Yet another EGS exclusive that releases like a wet fart.

OP
gabbo

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yet another EGS exclusive that releases like a wet fart.
I don't understand why Lanning and Co keep getting shots at this. Did the original games and Munch's Odyssey build ups so much good-will (and cash) that they can basically lean into wasting it for 20 years and come out unscathed each time?

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
There are now 3 reviews a day and a half after the release.

Nobody has beaten the game yet on HLTB:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I will say one good thing about EGS: their support of Geforce Now (GFN) is much better than Steam's.

For instance, Control (EGS) is supposed to start instantly on GFN, while the Steam version is extremely long to start (when it does).

Similarly, Shenmue III (EGS) starts instantly. Meanwhile, the Steam version is not listed on GFN.

There are plenty of other instances. Typically, weekly free games appear quite fast on GFN, e.g. after a day or two maximum.

It is pretty obvious that someone at Epic ensures good relations with Nvidia, and good support of EGS games, while there might be nobody at Valve appointed to inspect and ensure good quality of Steam-based games on GFN. It is a big deal to me: I would have had a better experience with Control EGS when I had the opportunity in Humble Choice.

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Isn't it the publishers that have to give the green light for GFN support rather than the storefronts? At least as far as I can tell if they hadn't blocked NVIDIA we'd have probably been playing our full Steam catalogue on GFN just as it happens on say, Shadow or whatever, but pubs got pissy and wanted extra dough even though we've already bought the game we want to play on that service. Nvidia could have probably fought them and argued it's not really a streaming service like Stadia but just renting out hardware that instead of coming to our home is remote but wants good relations for GPU support and crippled GFN over it. And it's probably more on Nvidia's part to ensure games work just as well on the service as they do when you launch them locally and support all versions well too. What about quantity of games overall, how many on Steam are playable on GFN and how many on EGS? Totals, not %. Sucks if pubs have blocked most.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman