Community Fighting Game Thread

TomShoe

Ph.D. in Smug Entitlement
Apr 18, 2019
Did you guys see them throw a crab at Hbox the other day?

While I get it was stupid of him to do, the thrower didn't even do the meme properly, since Hbox won anyway.

If he threw the crab like 🦀 HBOX IS GONE 🦀 I would have died laughing.

Deleted member 113

Did you guys see them throw a crab at Hbox the other day?

While I get it was stupid of him to do, the thrower didn't even do the meme properly, since Hbox won anyway.

If he threw the crab like 🦀 HBOX IS GONE 🦀 I would have died laughing.
I'm getting old... :weary-face:
I saw that, and didn't understand what the hell was happening.

I'll probably regret this, but what meme involves throwing a crab at someone? :thinking-face:

Reactions: TomShoe

TomShoe

Ph.D. in Smug Entitlement
Apr 18, 2019
I'm getting old... :weary-face:
I saw that, and didn't understand what the hell was happening.

I'll probably regret this, but what meme involves throwing a crab at someone? :thinking-face:
Crab Rave

Here's a nice primer on the meme.

I think the guy was just being salty and not explicitly going for the meme, but I think a nice touch would have been if Hbox was actually eliminated.

🦀 HBOX IS GONE 🦀

Reactions: Deleted member 113

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I really enjoy fighting games, but I am so bad at it. Subscribed! :)
My most played one in recent years might be Killer Instinct. I just love the characters and mechanics. I am also an oldschool MK fan but the new ones never really sticked with me. Hopefully 11 will be the one I stick with for a bit longer. I just miss some characters :(

Oh and I forgot, One Must Fall is the best fighting game of all time, haha.

OP
uraizen

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
The PC port of MK11 is a version behind the PS4/Xbone one. That fucking sucks for people who use it to practice.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
The PC port of MK11 is a version behind the PS4/Xbone one. That fucking sucks for people who use it to practice.
NRS are pretty bad with their PC ports, so this should come as no surprise. I thought they learned from their mistakes with MKX but I guess not.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Fuck TERFs

King of Fighters 98 matches

1 Hour of Last Blade 2

2 Hours of Garou

3+ Hours of Street Fighter V

1 Hour of Virtua Fighter 3

Street Fighter III 3S matches

1 Hour of Super Street Fighter II Turbo matches

3 Hours of Street Fighter Zero matches

2+ Hours of Ultra Street Fighter IV matches

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Had a good time in El Paso for their tournament, Sun City Brawl. Had some excellent casual matches but didn't do as well in tournament. Guess that's how it goes when you are competing in a 4 day old game lol. Sonya is really good right now in MK11, she has a ton of 50/50 high/low setups like she was still an MKX character so that puts her above everyone else imo. Either way I learned a ton from my matches and actually ended up switching Skarlet variations (now using Blood Drive) and I'm enjoying it much more.

If anyone is interested, they have videos up on their Twitch: and if you are in the area it's a great FGC with some cool people.

If anyone is interested, here's a good video showing off Sonya's good tech and some of her wild damage

Last edited:
OP
uraizen

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid got a Story Mode update with three new characters, voice overs, and new stages.

PS4 and Xbone update out now with Switch coming next week. PC release date is still just summer.

Naoshibu

Apr 17, 2019
So i bought Mortal Kombat 11 as my first fighting game, did part of the tutorial and i already forgot like 3/4 of it, i guess i'll be owned pretty heavily by the cpu.
I hope I didn't throw away my money, i'm not a fan of the genre but i loved every second of the streamings i watched on twitch and i couldn't resist. :(

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
So i bought Mortal Kombat 11 as my first fighting game, did part of the tutorial and i already forgot like 3/4 of it, i guess i'll be owned pretty heavily by the cpu.
I hope I didn't throw away my money, i'm not a fan of the genre but i loved every second of the streamings i watched on twitch and i couldn't resist. :(
My advice is be patient, these games are complex and you need time to get used to the moveset, the rhythm and so on. It might be a good idea to use practice mode against the CPU, there you can practice the moveset and your execution. You can do it! 💪

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
The tutorial in MK is really good, so it is worth going back to repeat a few lessons if you feel lost. Also the character tutorials are very helpful and might help you find a character you like which will go a long way to spurring you on to stick with the game and improve.

I got my first Quitality today. It came after a longer set of matches so I was sorta surprised, but I'll still take it lol

OP
uraizen

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Don't worry about the CPU, they're button reading bastards that decide randomly when to get hit. They'll block the unblockable and get hit by the dumbest shit. It is a lot to remember right away, but it'll eventually become second nature if you keep playing.

#BuffRaiden

Naoshibu

Apr 17, 2019
I'll stick to it, finish all the tutorials and then pray the gods to be able to hit something one day.
Visually it's pretty great, i'm installing the 60fps mod because the transition betwen 60 and 30 is very noticeable but that's the only issue for me.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Decided to jump into towers yesterday finally and got a bunch of shit for the Krypt and skins for Skarlet. Also messed around trying to learn Cetrion but she seems kinda...bad. So for now I'll just stick with Blood Bae

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I knew that Groove was in your heart~

2+ Hours of Capcom vs. SNK 2

90 mins. of King of Fighters '98

3+ Hours of Street Fighter III 3S matches

2+ Hours of King of Fighters 2002 UM

2 Hours of BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

3+ Hours of Puyo Puyo

3+ Hours of Melty Blood

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Tower of time in Mk11 is such a mess, some of them are still ridiculous even after the patch. I spent one hour and a half at Cassies' friends tower for nothing because the missiles and arrows flying all the time really screw any momentum. What a terrible design decision :mad:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I quit on the Jaqui fight. Took me like 20 mins to do the Cassie one. The other towers have been mostly kind to me though. A few retries but I don't go in expecting to get completely fucked.

Reactions: Echoes

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Two hours later, I finally beat that fucking nightmare... :cool: BUT in the next tower you face Shao Kahn who has either superarmor (hits don't do shit) or a powerup that basically lets him do 1 hit kills all day. :face-with-head-bandage:

Seriously, if the rest of the towers of time are like these, they seriously deserve all the criticism that is coming their way.

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
I think that the Gauntlet tower is made to be especially hard, the other towers seem much more sane. For the Shao Kahn one, you'll need to use items that incapacitate him like the Cyrax net, that seems to be the way to do that one.

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I think that the Gauntlet tower is made to be especially hard, the other towers seem much more sane. For the Shao Kahn one, you'll need to use items that incapacitate him like the Cyrax net, that seems to be the way to do that one.
Thanks for the advice ;) I will have to try it with the pad because there is no way to use items with the arcade stick (another genius move btw) :smart-thinking-blob:

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I have come to the conclusion about the steam controller

either at suck at using steam controllers for fighting games or jfc steam controllers suck at fighting games :blobtide:

OP
uraizen

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Kinda sucks that a PC release always comes later.
ArcSys started patching their games instead of doing whole new releases. So it would make sense if the PC version doesn't get rated if it's DLC only like Revelator 2. As for consoles, they got both options for Revelator 2 iirc.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
ArcSys started patching their games instead of doing whole new releases. So it would make sense if the PC version doesn't get rated if it's DLC only like Revelator 2. As for consoles, they got both options for Revelator 2 iirc.
I honestly don't know how much Arcsys is involved with French Bread beyond publishing their games. It made sense for GG because it's their own IP but we'll see how things go.

OP
uraizen

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
I honestly don't know how much Arcsys is involved with French Bread beyond publishing their games. It made sense for GG because it's their own IP but we'll see how things go.
True... it has been only their own IPs that they've been doing it with that they publish. French Bread seemed to like their idea for announcers for DLC at least, lol.

Reactions: fsdood

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
ArcSys's standard porter did UNIST on PC. Same person did BBTAG, which has been day and date. If this is available as an update on consoles then the PC version should get it same date. Even if not, chances are decent.

Reactions: lashman

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
90 mins. of Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3

3+ Hours of Street Fighter III 3S matches

1 Hour of Super Street Fighter II Turbo matches

King of Fighters 2002 UM

90 mins. of Garou

King of Fighters '98 matches

90 mins. of Metly Blood
This whole post is hot. Thanks!

This looks better and better, it's a pity there is no pc release date news...
And with those delays, I am concerned about optimization.

Reactions: Tizoc