|OT| Final Fantasy XIV - Shadowbringers | Patch 5.3 out now!

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Not gonna link the Steam store on this cause you shouldn't buy FFXIV on Steam if you can help it. Amazon or Square-Enix (NA/EU) store is probably a better call[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]
[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]GAME BASICS[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]USEFUL LINKS[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]
[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]
Newest [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Patch Notes[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

[UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Patch 5.3 ~ Reflections in Crystal ~[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]

Last edited:
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
also worth noting, it may be best to wait til the 11th to sign up for the free trial once it updates. square chat support says that they will update all trial accounts to the new trial version but when it comes to advice from chat support it may be best to wait and see.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That trial really is some insane value. I've already played close to 30 hours and I've only just joined a Grand Company. Looks like there is still much more to come and then they've just added Heavensward on top of it.
I guess that's easily a 100 hours for free? (And more or less almost actually free, it feels so much more chill than "F2P-free", lol).

Going to take me ages until I reach the end of that, but no hurry I guess. Glad I did give it a 2nd chance, because I'm really enjoying it now.

Reactions: warp_
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
the trial is really a ton of content. I feel like the did it the right way. they kept in the content and more single player RPG things to the trial but excluded a lot of the chats and using the market board so if you want the "MMO" parts of the game you gotta pay up.

i'm on the old old $10/month plan so i'd have to check but if they still have the lower priced sub for just keeping one character that's a nice way to stand out from other MMO games as well.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I wish the restrictions aren't that harsh for the free trial. It's basically the worst f2p restrictions compared to other f2p mmos. No market, no chatting, no grouping, it's virtually a single player experience in a MMORPG. But I understand that it's needed to combat the bots and real money traders. But even so, subscription fees never stopped the botters and traders from doing so.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
last shots before the patch hits. need to come up with a new dancer glam for the new patch as well...

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Going to try this out, been waiting for the streamlined patch.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
7GB patch when updating from the "old" trial.
The one thing that makes me kinda regret starting before the patch (well I made my character last year where the trial expansion wasn't on the horizon) is that I couldn't make an Au Ra character, but now that race is included in the trial and I don't want to restart just for that 30 hours in, lol.
But I've read that you get a "completely change your character to whatever you want" item after finishing the A Realm Reborn story, so all hope is not lost!

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
yep, once you finish the base story you get a free fantasia. they are of course also able to be purchased for $10 each in the item store 😆

Reactions: Ascheroth

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I haven't done MSQ yet but HOLY SHIT THE 24 MAN RAID AND WEAPON FIGHT IS ABSOLUTE KINO.

This patch really outdone 3.3 and 4.3

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I wanted to play Samurai, is that not included in the trial? or is it only activated at level 50?

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
samurai is part of the 2nd expansion so you can't get that in the free trial

Reactions: Prodigy

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I found the Samurai to be pretty boring, actually. Just stays in place doing different combos.

Being a samurai can be pretty cool though, I give you that.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
With all the new patch content don't forget that the Moonfire Faire event starts today! Any level 30 can join in for free glamour gear and home items!

The holiday events are always worth doing because often if you miss the items when they are obtainable via quests the only way to get them the next year is in the cash shop.

---

Didn't get to play at all yesterday. Had some kind of weird graphical issue that doesn't seem to be very common so I had to reinstall the game yesterday. Should have time to get into it today though.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Guess I have a reason to leave the Gold Saucer now! :toucan:
I'm level 26 right now (still on the level 20 story quests though, lmao).

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I cried a lot during MSQ.

A LOT.

And that final boss..... I don't know how they can surpass it presentation wise.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Packin a bunch of events in to make up for lost time!

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Reached level 29 today, looks like I'll be able to join the event tomorrow.
I've also learned how to craft Glamour Prisms, yay. Not that I have much gear to use them on yet :grimacing-face:

Also figured I'd change hairstyle for the hell of it.

Reactions: warp_ and ezodagrom
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
lookin good! I'm sure you noticed all the different hairstyles and emotes and such in the golden saucer you can get for mgp? can't remember if that one is one of them...

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Good luck with the congestion lol, these past few days is really bad.

Don't forget to check all languages on Duty Finder setting for faster duty queue :face-savouring-delicious-food:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
lookin good! I'm sure you noticed all the different hairstyles and emotes and such in the golden saucer you can get for mgp? can't remember if that one is one of them...
Yeah, I've found and bought 4 hairstyles from the Gold Saucer for about ~45k total, I think. This is just one of the regular one's though :D
I still have 80 or 90k mgp right now, but I'm not sure what I should spend them on next. Buy some dance emotes? Save some for a new mount? Decisions, decisions.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Good luck with the congestion lol, these past few days is really bad.

Don't forget to check all languages on Duty Finder setting for faster duty queue :face-savouring-delicious-food:
Yeah, that's where all my friends are. I used to play in Masamune as well, but newer players went for Tonberry.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
the good mgp mounts are 1mil/2mil so it may take a bit to save up for those. but if you do the weekly lottery and fashion report in addition to the various games in gold saucer you'll build up mgp pretty quick.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
So much of the game is overwhelming to me, so i am just focusing on the MSQ and I think I have just completed all the gladiator quests. I am about to join one of three city orders in the main story.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
the good mgp mounts are 1mil/2mil so it may take a bit to save up for those. but if you do the weekly lottery and fashion report in addition to the various games in gold saucer you'll build up mgp pretty quick.
Just buy this gold umbrella only for 200k MGP :evilblob:

So much of the game is overwhelming to me, so i am just focusing on the MSQ and I think I have just completed all the gladiator quests. I am about to join one of three city orders in the main story.
When you reach level 30 don't forget to do job quest to become Paladin :thumbsupblob:

Reactions: Prodigy and warp_
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
you should get a new job quest every few levels and they'll give you gear and new skills. it will show as a little marker under your msq guide

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Haha, half of my playtime was probably spent in the Gold Saucer and gathering/crafting.

Just reached level 30, time to become a Ninja? (I'm still on a level 23 MSQ :grimacing-face: )

And I did the event quests! I have some fashion gear now!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Li Kao and warp_

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Me, I'm somewhere near Gladiator lvl 28, and should go initiate the first Heirs meeting soon.

Didn't put a step in the Gold Saucer yet in fear of the wall of tutorials.
Should level up my Marauder 18 and Hast 13.
And can't wait to get out of the pre-job quests that I know by heart at this point.

The next big goals are Heirs quest / Summer Event / maybe the Yo-Kai one if I care to look for the npc

Disclaimer : I'm waking up and not sure the terminology I used is in the English version of the game.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Me, I'm somewhere near Gladiator lvl 28, and should go initiate the first Heirs meeting soon.

Didn't put a step in the Gold Saucer yet in fear of the wall of tutorials.
Should level up my Marauder 18 and Hast 13.
And can't wait to get out of the pre-job quests that I know by heart at this point.

The next big goals are Heirs quest / Summer Event / maybe the Yo-Kai one if I care to look for the npc

Disclaimer : I'm waking up and not sure the terminology I used is in the English version of the game.
Heirs should be Scion of Seventh Dawn / Akatsuki no Ketsumei

Yokai Watch NPC is located at Gold Saucer so you'll need to unlock it soon lol.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Heirs should be Scion of Seventh Dawn / Akatsuki no Ketsumei

Yokai Watch NPC is located at Gold Saucer so you'll need to unlock it soon lol.
Strange, IIRC the official page for the event puts him in the main street of Uldah.
No wonder I never saw him while I, admittedly, never looked for him.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
i believe the quest starts in uldah but the guy you turn in the yokai medals to is in the gold saucer. also i don't believe the event starts until tomorrow.

liking the look of the new dancer yokai weapon

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
so i guess i'm dumb and don't understand dates lol but yokai starts tomorrow, the 19th. here's a quick guide from the last time it was around that should make things a bit easier to collect the minions. collecting 13 of the 17 gets you the mount, it seems.

this event will probably last three months so there's time to complete it at your leisure but if you want to bang it out quickly that guide will get you most of what you need. the only minions not in there are tied to the new classes since the last event: red mage, samurai, gunbreaker, and dancer. but those should be easy enough to get as well.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
It's also a good time to do ARR and HW relics because both of them need item drops from FATEs.

Reactions: warp_

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Man, I hate these Yokai Watch collabs. They're just so out of place in Eorzea.

I don't think the franchise is still that big either nowadays, even in Japan.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
the scholar wep does make me want to level a healer. cat book!

also found a more updated picture guide for the event on reddit. kaiyokostar is the best at these infographics. they do one every week for fashion report as well so they're worth a social media follow.

early reports are saying the legendary medal drop rate is greatly increased and they were able to get everything by doing only about 100 fates

Last edited:
OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
got every yokai! next step...every weapon but that will probably take a bit

Reactions: Ascheroth

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The yokai weapons grind is honestly going to drive me insane. I have 8 so far and its really painful trying to bring myself to do the others

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Eh, I have two yokai, I can’t even begin to imagine what you all went through.
It pains me a little to think I won’t have everything at this rate, but the grind :face-with-cold-sweat:

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
If you feel that this year Yo-kai event is terrible, imagine how is it during past years.

This is the past event. Now for minion it's 3 flat and for weapon 10 flat.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
You must even have dreamed about of FATE during the first event :sweaty-blob:

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
Eh, I have two yokai, I can’t even begin to imagine what you all went through.
It pains me a little to think I won’t have everything at this rate, but the grind :face-with-cold-sweat:
getting the pets is actually the easy part cause you will always get a yokai medal for each fate completed if you are wearing the watch, so if you are just doing any fate you see while leveling you'll get enough for all the pets. this event lasts about three months so if you do that you'll get them all easily. you only need 48 medals to get all the pets since you get the first one free.

the medals for the weapons drop less often, about 20-50% of the time.

i'm up to six weapons of 17 as of last night. it's honestly not too bad, just toss a podcast or longer video on and i'm set to go 😎

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I've got my Rogue weapon and got enough medals to get another 4 Youkai during that.
I definitely wanna get all the other companions, but there ain't no way I'm gonna farm all those weapons. At least not anytime soon.
I'd rather make some story progress since I'm still on the level 24 MSQ right now as a level 31 ninja 😅

Also anyone feel free to add me. Ashe Lumina on Phoenix (trial account).
As I said before, I'm not gonna be super active or fast or what have you though.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Yeah, grinding for the weapons isn't that bad - it's a nice excuse to level alt classes, too, tbh.

OP
warp_

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
didn't realize til today that the rising has started! this is just an anniversary of the launch of arr but they do a little questline and give gifts in celebration, since the death of 1.0 and rise of arr is an actual canon event in the storyline.

you only have to be level 15 so if you are still on the fence about joining in the free trial now is the time, cause rising event items never return and it takes like 1-2 hours to hit 15.

one pet and one house display item this year: