Community Games related YouTube video thread

BoosterDuck

Goon Squad
Sep 20, 2018
Everyone's favorite 'comedian' Jamie Kennedy rewatching and providing thoughts on his legendary 2007 Activision E3 presentation.

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
WOW!
This channel only covers racing game reviews.

HIGHLY recommend checking it out!

Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao Just so i don't keep derailing the Steam thread with old memories here's some Game Over for us old people!
Holy crap, i just remembered Army Moves too. Dinamic games were a bit not great but their artwork, designs and realisation on these old machines was always top-notch!

Damn, i could talk for a minute or two about hundreds of games from that era for hours as the old memories come back to me.
Yes, kids. Your parents/grandparents played these games and loved them even though we knew they were a bit rubbish, they were mainly great at the time and we probably had tons of them on cassettes that we'd traded for at school. lol. 5 minute to load the game, play for 30 minutes load next game and then you find a total GEM and it keeps you captivated for days at a time and you probably come back to it a couple of times a year too.

I remembered that the artist who made a lot of those famous game covers and artwork Bob Wakelin passed away a couple of years ago.
Here's some tribute videos i found...

The first one is from the always amazing, Digitizer a legend in his own right.

I'll see if i can dig out some of the Speccy/C64/Amstrad comparison videos i watch now and then too.

Last edited:
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Li Kao Just so i don't keep derailing the Steam thread with old memories here's some Game Over for us old people!
Holy crap, i just remembered Army Moves too. Dinamic games were a bit not great but their artwork, designs and realisation on these old machines was always top-notch!

Damn, i could talk for a minute or two about hundreds of games from that era for hours as the old memories come back to me.
Yes, kids. Your parents/grandparents played these games and loved them even though we knew they were a bit rubbish, they were mainly great at the time and we probably had tons of them on cassettes that we'd traded for at school. lol. 5 minute to load the game, play for 30 minutes load next game and then you find a total GEM and it keeps you captivated for days at a time and you probably come back to it a couple of times a year too.

I remembered that the artist who made a lot of those famous game covers and artwork Bob Wakelin passed away a couple of years ago.
Here's some tribute videos i found...

The first one is from the always amazing, Digitizer a legend in his own right.

I'll see if i can dig out some of the Speccy/C64/Amstrad comparison videos i watch now and then too.
I've no nostalgia or much info on British computer games (besides handfuls like Cinemaware games and Turrican), but I kinda of like their art

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

New Iron Pineapple video.

The video was interesting, delving into the last Kings Field entry and you can already see some ideas that could go into the Souls series.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
New Iron Pineapple video.
The video was interesting, delving into the last Kings Field entry and you can already see some ideas that could go into the Souls series.
I'm sure i played one of the King's Field games for a little while with a friend who had an import Playstation, an absolute eternity ago though.
I watched ENB's King's Field walkthroughs too until he took them down or they were taken down. Still have the music in my head to this day and you can definitely see the roots of the Souls games and From's narrative preferences even back then.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Anyone remember this? It seems to be getting a ressurgence of interest. What a wild ride this was back in the day.

It's on Steam and morphed into a Tetris type game. Like an onion this is the puzzle game within the RPG, isn't it?
Or is this what "Bob's Game" morphed into? I'd totally forgotten about it until recently. Just hit the "Protest Campaign" part fo the vid, oh god it's a crazy as i remembered.

Webcache of the Steam Page - Bob's Game - 529720

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Anyone remember this? It seems to be getting a ressurgence of interest. What a wild ride this was back in the day.

It's on Steam and morphed into a Tetris type game. Like an onion this is the puzzle game within the RPG, isn't it?
Or is this what "Bob's Game" morphed into? I'd totally forgotten about it until recently. Just hit the "Protest Campaign" part fo the vid, oh god it's a crazy as i remembered.

Webcache of the Steam Page - Bob's Game - 529720
I remember that kickstarter it was bonkers!

OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
My man ThorHighHeels back with more cool obscure games.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I need to play Kowloon Highschool Chronicle.
I bought the Limited Edition Physical Release of it on Switch from funstock uk.

Reactions: MegaApple
OP
MegaApple

MegaApple

Sep 20, 2018
Soldak Entertainment

aka "We made Lord of the Rings with budget of a sitcom."

• Gib
Reactions: lashman

FunnyJay