Community Games related YouTube video thread

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018

A look at Ubisofts Quartz and the legal documents associated with it (hint you own nothing).
Just finished watching the video.

He does not necessarilty hate the idea put out behind the NFT Blog Post and that there may be a future for NFT/Blockchain in gaming. However when reviewing the legal documents you own nothing, you are not allowed to even consider profitting from this technology, all of it is in direct opposition to what they claim in the blog post.

Also covers DMCA obligations when artists are trying to reclaim some of their stolen work being sold as NFT's.

My problem with the trustworthiness of Blockchain and NFT is not so much the tech, but the actors eyeing it up. When you have Ubisoft, Activision and EA eyeing this tech up all I can think off is Snake Oil Salesmen.
Oh and one final edit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cacher

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I bought Project Zomboid in the GOG sale and have been watching these videos. Very entertaining and informative and most of all chill. They're not an overexcitable scream-fest.
AmbiguousAmphibian Worst Start and Challenges Playlist.

edit: after watching more there's a couple of videos at around #15 that do go a bit waxing philosophical and poetic but they return to showing gameplay and ideas for #18. Also as it takes place over 2 years some of the early exploits are patched but it's still and easy series to watch and at it's strongest when showing game mechanics and gameplay.

Here's the VOD archive channel from their Twitch streams if you want to check out some unedited footage.
AmbiguousAmphibian VOD Archives

Last edited:

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I bought Project Zomboid in the GOG sale and have been watching these videos. Very entertaining and informative and most of all chill. They're not an overexcitable scream-fest.
AmbiguousAmphibian Worst Start and Challenges Playlist.
OK I will give Project Zomboid a try.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
OK I will give Project Zomboid a try.
I played the tutorial last night and i can see there's a LOT to the game but it is a bit clunky. It's been in Early Access for YEARS but it seems to be complete and they are still adding to it. There's also a ton of mods in the workshop. I'd recommend checking out some more review type videos.
It was about £7 on GoG, it's a little cheaper on Steam but it seemed solid enough to take a risk with at that price and looks like the kind of game i'll play for a few weeks and then move on but keep returning to it for sessions a couple of times a year as i get better at it.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I played the tutorial last night and i can see there's a LOT to the game but it is a bit clunky. It's been in Early Access for YEARS but it seems to be complete and they are still adding to it. There's also a ton of mods in the workshop. I'd recommend checking out some more review type videos.
It was about £7 on GoG, it's a little cheaper on Steam but it seemed solid enough to take a risk with at that price and looks like the kind of game i'll play for a few weeks and then move on but keep returning to it for sessions a couple of times a year as i get better at it.
It's one of those games I grabbed on release to support as I loved the look of it, but decided to let it get closer to completion before trying. After 7 years in EA it maybe time to give it a shot.

• Toucan
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So Riot have settled their case in California for the sum of $100 dollars.

Virtual legality has a look at the settlement and appears to believe this is to give California a bigger beatstick for going after Acti-Blizz.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
This guy posts a new video almost daily andI find it to be a great source to find upcoming somewhat obscure indie games. His english isn't the best and the editing could be better but I feel is good enough and the pros far outweigh the cons.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ClemmyGames/videos
Yeah, I check out Clemmy Games every now and then. I quite like the ones where he focusses on particular genres.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Just given this a watch/listen (working from home so catching up on a lot of Kim Justice stuff while I work).

A look at all the Sega games converted to the Spectrum. I always love the focus Kim has on the old Micro Computers over the consoles.

FunnyJay