Community MetaSteam | December 2021 - All I want for Christmas is a SteamDeck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
If someone wants to get into Pokemon

Shin Megami Tensi 3's a good start as any for the 'monster catching' genre

Also there are like a dozen or so monster catching indie games on steam.

For that matter, just emulate FireRed and GreenLeaf if you want to start pokemon.
It's 2022, just do some ish :shrugblob:

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
Secret World Legends
I've played both The Secret World and Secret World Legends.
It's totally playable in singleplayer! The story is well written and interesting, even if lots of quests just... end, a bit unsatisfyingly.

The worst part of the game is the endless combat with palette-swap (rather name swapped) enemies. And that it is just. so. damn. long... (which doesn't help since it's filled with combat).

I love the setting and the story, but it's still not a definite recommend.

I would love for Josh Strife Hays to tackle this game for his "Worst MMORPG" series...

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
so as much as i love gog, their sale hub says there is a contest, that, while I doubt there is anything from 11Bit studios I care for, I cannot fnd said contest anywhere on the gog.com site itself. Is it all through social media or something?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
RIP Steam. It seems that Google changed some things. Before Google would show the Steam review score of a game and the game would be at the very top.

Now it doesn't even show the score and you see ads and "questions" that people have about the game (wiki information) before the steam store page information.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
How did I tell myself I was going to clean up my wishlist and it somehow grew :notlikethisblob:

Not sure if I will grab too much during the winter sale, maybe just a few cheap titles. I went too overboard last month and during the Autumn sale.

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So I started playing Halo 3: ODST, and it's not really great so far? It's basically a retreat of the a level from Halo 2, except someone thought it was a great idea to make everything crazy dark, so you need to use their shitty "detective vision" to play through it. There's a bunch of characters I don't care about, following a mission that I wouldn't care about if they even bothered to explain it.

And at this point I have just given up on Halo games to be even decent shooters. Shooting in these games always feels so floaty. Enemies show far too little reaction, jump around the level like they are doing a Mario impression and the sound design just sucks, making the shooting feel doubly bad. I have no idea so far why this series has a good reputation for anything.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
So I started playing Halo 3: ODST, and it's not really great so far? It's basically a retreat of the a level from Halo 2, except someone thought it was a great idea to make everything crazy dark, so you need to use their shitty "detective vision" to play through it. There's a bunch of characters I don't care about, following a mission that I wouldn't care about if they even bothered to explain it.

And at this point I have just given up on Halo games to be even decent shooters. Shooting in these games always feels so floaty. Enemies show far too little reaction, jump around the level like they are doing a Mario impression and the sound design just sucks, making the shooting feel doubly bad. I have no idea so far why this series has a good reputation for anything.
I never liked ODST.
CE, 3 and Reach are my favourites.
Not played Infinite yet

• Toucan
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So far; Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst | Golf Club Wasteland | Shady Part of Me | Jump King | A Monster's Expedition | Dragon Age II | The Witch's House MV | Even the Ocean

Really cool that I can just copy-paste directly from the activity feed.
I did like Golf Club Wasteland. Its got simple mechanics but can be tricky whilst being pretty chill.
Ha, I just looked up Shady Part of Me by typing shady in the search box. 2nd game in the list is called Shady Lewd Kart.

Tim was right, Steam was a mistake.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

Do I spend money on more friggin JRPG's I will never get around to?

Yeah... I will say the games by 343, Halo 4 and Infinite, have way better sound design on average, but they still aren't want I'd call that great.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Do I spend money on more friggin JRPG's I will never get around to?
It's a good investment since those two games will keep you busy for at least 150 hours(*) combined.

(*) for complete missable quests and collectibles.

I recommend installing SenPatcher and HD textures mod for the best possible experience.

• Eyes

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Finally made it in time to get one of those sweet $10 Mass Effect Legendary keys on Amazon right before the Steam sale. Pretty cool how ME requires Origin and Gamepass requires EA desktop app which then won't allow ME to launch unless I manually kill the EA desktop service and relaunch ME. Love all these amazing other launchers!

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.