|OT| Genshin Impact - Breath of the Elements

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
WOW! There is so much coming!

There are 2 more patches before Natlan right? I wish there were some character leaks! I need to know who I am saving for.
Probably, yeah.
We should still have a 4.8 summer update with a temporary new area and another batch of skins.
That's probably also when we'll get a trailer introducing the Natlan characters (at least I'd hope so!)

Reactions: Dandy

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well huh, with the lvl50 BP fate I rolled a tenner on the standard banner

That was 23 pity, after the last Qiqi at 45... not that I'm going to use Diluc C2, but still. I might use Chevreuse soon though!

Reactions: Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Congrats!
I hope Chevreuse is one Clorinde's banner. I like "specialized" niche teams, Nilou teams are one of my favorites.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Emelie drip marketing!

https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1797569224715677910

"How incredible. I can perceive emotions through water, which humans cannot, yet they are capable of using it to regulate their mood... And they accomplish this with a fragrance in liquid form? I see. I believe I have a better understanding of this concept now." — Neuvillette

◆ Name: Emilie
◆ Title: A Thousand Scents Traced
◆ Renowned Perfumer
◆ Vision: Dendro
◆ Constellation: Pomum de Ambra

I think a lot of people are disappointed she doesn't look like the concept art, but do GI characters ever end up looking like the concept art? I love the design, though not enough to know if I will pull for her.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I like her design more than the concept arts, the shorter hair and slit dress gives her a different feel han the kiddy designs.
But why the breast curtains though, Cloud Retainer stop influencing fashion. :weary-face:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I like her design more than the concept arts, the shorter hair and slit dress gives her a different feel han the kiddy designs.
But why the breast curtains though, Cloud Retainer stop influencing fashion. :weary-face:
Yeah, I hadn't noticed the boob-thing right away. As soon as someone pointed it out I just sighed. It's so silly.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Don't have any strong feelings about Emilie's design one way or another.
Will need to see if her animations, personality/story and kit can sell me on her. If her kit is indeed Burning related, that would be a big thing in her favor, I like characters bringing something new to table.
But it will also depend on how Clorinde pulling is gonna go and how many of the Natlan characters that we'll hopefully get to see soon appeal to me on first glance.

Clorinde's demo was great. Killer music. Literally.

Clorinde's banner on the other hand... lol. Sethos, Kaveh and Chevreuse was way too good to be true. I guess I'll just hope for a bunch of Sethos' and off-banner spooks.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Everyone is hating on her banner, but it actually has me tempted to fish for some 4-stars! My Bennett and Thoma are both only C2, and I think Sethos' design is great(though I'm not a big charge attack bow fan). I also wouldn't be sad if I got an early Clorinde, though I doubt I would pull for her specifically.

Of course, pulling for 4-stars is always a bad idea so I dunno.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I dislike the banner mostly because I already have Thoma and Bennett at C6 and there were a lot of reasonable options that I didn't have yet.
But it is what it is, 4 star selection really doesn't factor into my pulling decisions at all anymore.

Also, 4.8 leaks are starting and once of them is even more permanent content.
Character-Specific challenge stages that require level 90, friendship 8 and "keys" that can be gotten via the Theater. Rewards include movement SFX (trails) for the character. First "batch" are Diluc, Kirara, Ningguang, Qiqi, Jean.

Hoyo really took the complaints last year about the 2nd half of Sumeru being dry personally, lol.

• Eyes

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
That sounds great! I don't know if it will actually encourage me to build/play Diluc or Ningguang(I don't have the other 3 yet), but... maybe?

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
That sounds great! I don't know if it will actually encourage me to build/play Diluc or Ningguang(I don't have the other 3 yet), but... maybe?
I really like the direction they are going in. Permanent content that incentivizes you to build more characters and/or rewards you for having already done that for your faves is great. The rewards being cosmetic stuff is also really nice, even if they are "small" things - really curious how these effects will look like.

Also Kirara is apparently the 4.8 free character (and seems to get the free skin this time around), so there's at least 1 more char you could work on :p

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Holy
After I got Diluc jumpscared the game made it up to me with my first ever double 5 stars in one 10 pull

And I got 1 Sethos too

That's my first ever Limited 5 star beyond C0 :cold-sweat:

• Sweating
  • Gib
Reactions: Line and Dandy

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Holy
After I got Diluc jumpscared the game made it up to me with my first ever double 5 stars in one 10 pull

And I got 1 Sethos too

That's amazing! Congrats!

I ended up getting her while fishing for 4-stars. Only took 40 pulls and I was at 0 pity. There goes my guarantee though! Now I need to farm a bunch of stuff for her. I have enough billets to get her Finale of the Deep max refined, but not enough crystals to craft them all. And then of course I'll need to level it. Lots of farming in my future.

I wish I had gotten some more Bennetts and Thomas though. Got one more con of each(so they are both C3 now), plus a Sethos.

• Clean Seal
Reactions: Line and Ascheroth

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I ended up getting her while fishing for 4-stars. Only took 40 pulls and I was at 0 pity. There goes my guarantee though! Now I need to farm a bunch of stuff for her. I have enough billets to get her Finale of the Deep max refined, but not enough crystals to craft them all. And then of course I'll need to level it. Lots of farming in my future.
Congrats! Already have her at 90 with a Finale of the Deep and a level 9 skill. Am still missing a crit damage circlet though :cold-sweat:
Also haven't activated her C1 yet since I want to finish building her first and get a proper comparison.

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Holy

And I got 1 Sethos too

Congrats man. That's great luck.

I logged in today just to claim the free primogems and had 5 standard banner wishes unused. Pulled a Mona constellation.

I still want to get back to this game but it bothers me that there's just no way I can catch up. Only 2 patches till Natlan and I have all of Fontaine, Enkanomiya, Chenyu Vale and side quests in Sumeru to get through. Also the heat in my country is ridiculous... Higher than 40 degrees temperatures so you just never ever feel like playing anything on the PC which is a mini nuclear reactor in terms of heat generation.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Great patch.
Archon quest was pretty great, dropping a bunch of lore bombs among other things.
Clorinde's Story Quest was fantastic, top 3 character quests in the game imo, strong conteder for current favorite.

Clorinde herself is super fun. Took me some time to get used to her, and I'm still learning, since she's quite technical, but it's worth it.

First Abyss clear was with comfy Zhongli support

But I have since tried other things and have now cleared it with Beidou instead.

I'm not sure this is going to be a mainstay team of mine, since it's less comfy than Kirara/Zhongli, but it is definitely stronger and it was incredibly fun to try out. Fastest Abyss clears for this particular lineup, though I did have to restart a few times.
Zipping between enemies to dodge and line them up for her piercing shots is so, so cool.
Beidou feels like a fantastic partner, because her small shield/interruption resistance feels like it's just enough and she adds quite a lot of damage on her own.

Not an optimal run by any means, can still work on better positioning and I realised afterwards that I should probably use Clorinde's Burst after the Skill, not before it, to make sure it has all the other buffs as well.
Was really really fun though.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Skyward Blade Clorinde with Qiqi/Furina and Zhongli is an actual thing lol

So many numbers

• Eyes