Community Giveaways!

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
I was curious, so I did something this week

Each bar represent a user here in MetaCouncil. Someone here is very generous, although many of us are generous here on Meta :)

For integrity reasons or whatever reasons people don't want their names listed, I did not include names of the givers in the chart. If you are interested though and it's ok for everyone I can list the names.
Oh wow the 2nd to 4th place are really close, you guys need to pump those numbers up :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Toucan
  • Gib
Reactions: xinek and lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
FYI for y'all interested in Dreamfall Chapters. I recommend you to play the first two games before going for this one. I made the mistake to play this one first and the result of it was I thought the story was kinda wacko :face-with-open-mouth:
100% agreed.

• Comfy
Reactions: Parsnip

Sadrac

Dec 6, 2018
I am not going to tell who it is, but this user has won same game multiple times...
It was interesting to do this statistics. But at the same time it's unfair to others who also want win games from the giveaways.
Perhaps it could be implemented the possibility to veto specific users from entering the raffle, maybe everyone can have their own blacklist or something like that.

Just an idea

Reactions: LEANIJA

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I am not going to tell who it is, but this user has won same game multiple times...
It was interesting to do this statistics. But at the same time it's unfair to others who also want win games from the giveaways.
Whoever it is (and I have a prime suspect), it’s pretty obvious what they’re doing: siphoning games either to trade or, even worse, sell on grey market sites.

The fact that they’ve claimed the same game more than once goes to prove that, unless they realised their mistake and subsequently re-gifted.

I don’t want to single anyone out either but if you have data that suggests a member is hogging keys then we need to - to the best of our ability - work out why and determine whether that’s acceptable behaviour.

There are no mods on here so we can’t be timid or discrete about these things and expect the administration to deal with it. As unpleasant as these discussions and confrontations can be, these things need to be dealt with or they will have a longer term worse impact on the community.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Whoever it is (and I have a prime suspect), it’s pretty obvious what they’re doing: siphoning games either to trade or, even worse, sell on grey market sites.

The fact that they’ve claimed the same game more than once goes to prove that, unless they realised their mistake and subsequently re-gifted.

I don’t want to single anyone out either but if you have data that suggests a member is hogging keys then we need to - to the best of our ability - work out why and determine whether that’s acceptable behaviour.

There are no mods on here so we can’t be timid or discrete about these things and expect the administration to deal with it. As unpleasant as these discussions and confrontations can be, these things need to be dealt with or they will have a longer term worse impact on the community.
Yeah, I agree. Winning games that you want to play is cool, taking advantage of people's generosity in order to trade or resell the games you win is most certainly not cool. Also, even if you have no such ulterior motive and you just got really lucky and won lots of games in a short period of time, maybe skip a few giveaways for a while to give other people a chance to win too as a courtesy to them.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Suggestions for the GiftBot
Automatically restrict users who have wont too many games in short time. There is already options to let givers set restrictions, but it's a manual setting and set the restrictions globally.
I don't know how this would work, but let's say that a user already won ie 5 games in the past week or even day at the time of creating the giveaway, automatically restrict the user from entering the giveaway, even if there is no restriction set by the giver

Personal blacklist. This has been discussed before. It's kinda difficult to know whom to blacklist. Some of us already have an idea who the claimer is, but not everyone knows that.

P2W (Post 2 Win)? Maybe an absurd suggestion. When you win a game, and before you can claim the prize you must pay with 10 posts. The number of posts you have done in MC is your "money". And whenever you claim the won prize you will "use" up 10 posts.
To make it clear, the particular user who have won 100+ games would need 1000+ posts in order to claim the prizes

It sounds like my suggestions are just ruining the fun for everyone. MC's givers might hesitate to do more giveaways in the future... :(

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Update: The situation is worse than we first thought.

Can all who have accounts that can view the Review Request Forum please look at the giveaway abuse thread.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Cacher is giving away 3 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Mar 9, 2023 at 12:56 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Blessing from Mona to the cool kids

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! C-Dub is giving away 11 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Got some spare keys from Humble (as Humble gift links) and gacha from Fanatical to give away.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Everyone now afraid to enter giveaways

:wd_io:
I hope that’s not the case.

I’m sure most will agree with me here: if you’re active in this community outside of giveaways then there won’t be any issues. That doesn’t mean you need to post every day, but if the only time members see your name is when you’ve won something, and that seems to be happening a lot, it will be looked into.

The freebies being offered in this thread are there for members of this community and we know the vast majority of people don’t take the piss. Some members would like a “thank you”, which I don’t think is a big ask, and I also think it’s entirely appropriate that free games go to people who are part of this forum, rather than people who joined just for our giveaways.

For those who can’t see the discussion thread about giveaway abuse, it was a very specific issue. I promise you that names weren’t thrown around carelessly and we’ve dealt with it now.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! kio is giving away 8 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Mar 10, 2023 at 7:44 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Time to give back a little. Enjoy.

The raffle has ended.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Joe Spangle is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Mar 11, 2023 at 7:58 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

I felt that this lovely community shouldn't miss out on a shot at a great game just because some A Hole can't play nice so please enjoy this giveaway.
Love all you peeps.

The raffle has ended.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! ganmo is giving away 2 gift(s).

This is a first-come, first-served giveaway. Once you enter, your key will be delivered to you instantly via a PM.

Got some Twitch Prime stuff.

To redeem Two Point Campus stuff, you need to head over to Two Point County Community and create a profile first if you haven't already.

Not sure if these stuff are alright, let me know otherwise cheers!

• Genshin Impact Prime Bundle #5
    • won by Line
    • (1 entries)
    • Two Point Campus - Dance Odyssey Bundle
    • (0 entries)

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Do people want those twitch prime codes for various games? I generally just ignore them. Most require you to link your account but the genshin ones are codes.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Acidote

Omega Yul
Jun 16, 2019
Going back to the giveaway abuse, in my case I know I've gotten myself more games than I've given (not anyhwre near abuse I think!) and that's why I said in a previous posts that the "Junior" restrictions were more than fine and participation should be a factor too. I read almost everything but I'm not a prolific poster. I'm sure that the people truly abusing the system will get some kind of restriction.

Do people want those twitch prime codes for various games? I generally just ignore them. Most require you to link your account but the genshin ones are codes.
Same question here. I probably have a bunch of unredeemed codes I could give away.