|OT| Horizon Zero Dawn - You Have My Bow

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Every other AMD sponsored game has a profile in GeForce Experience, like REmake 3. Spite has nothing to do with it.
My idea is that driver optimization isn't really final (maybe not enough access during development?) or that Nvidia decided to not offer a profile because of the state of the release candidate.

OP

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Poking my head in. Read about the possibility of a debug build released to the public, snow deformation removed, just saw the Aloy hair at 30 fps trick.

Holy hell this is getting into Diablo 3 launch territory, when nobody could log onto battle.net. or No Man's Sky being a Psyche!!! at launch.

More power to all of you who are doing the play testing that the developers didn't pay for.
its not a debug build ffs, its been entirely debunked

snow deformation is in but currently bugged in build

Yaska

"It depends" - Every lawyer ever,
Dec 18, 2018
Just checked GeForce Experience and HZD doesn't even appear in the start menu for optimization.
Not that I'm using that, but it's interesting that the HZD driver is now weeks old and the game has no profile in geforce experience.
Games need to be separately added to GFE by nvidia. Sometimes they can come quite late or the options are out of date. Ni Shui Han, for example, is one of the first RTX enabled MMORPG, yet the GFE settings still don't have up to date settings for the game.

Reactions: ISee

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
its not a debug build ffs, its been entirely debunked

snow deformation is in but currently bugged in build
That's fair. As I've said, I'm waiting for the devs to get it right.

I did notice that you looked into the Decima engine code and saw lines for HZD in Death Stranding's game. Of course, there are HZD Easter eggs within, but it was interesting to see what Kojima Productions could accomplish that Guerrilla could not with the same software.

Ghazi

Jul 10, 2020
I just wanted to say this game is really fantastic. I wish it came out in a better state but I'm super happy it's on PC. :)
A bad port is definitely better than none. Personally I'm waiting for it to get updated to play again, but the game is fun to play and the visuals are jaw dropping at times, especially in some of the later areas.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
This screenshot shows snow deformation :

Hopefully it will be fixed in the retail build.
I was actually curious though, is the video of the PC version in the expansion map? I know the original game on PS4 never had the snow deformation and it wasn't added into the original map when the expansion released. So maybe the video is comparing different areas.

The hair is definitely bugged though, I did 60fps vs 30fps and you can see it stop working. Never noticed it before it was pointed out and now I can't stop seeing it :LOL:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Probably have to stop playing. I was getting pretty good performance after the weird voodoo magic tricks to get it to launch, but now I am in the desert area and its really bad. I don't understand how its only using 60% of my CPU and not even getting near full load on my GPU but yet it acts like this.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, I've heard reports that performance would tank around Meridian and the surrounding desert area.
that's correct, Meridian and surroundings are perfect performance tanks haha

Ghazi

Jul 10, 2020
It seems they are going to take their time which is the right move in the long run. If they can address most of the issues in a big patch, those negative reviews will change quickly.
Yep. Glad they're being communicative about it.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Would appreciate it a bit more if they could also communicate what issues they are prioritising. The Tweet sounds good, but is a bit too vague about what they are intending to fix

Reactions: LEANIJA

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan

Looks like something is happening.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
I was a bit disappointed by the performance when I played the game on my 4k tv without variable refresh, but when I now play it on my 1440p ultrawide gsync it is a really smooth experience. HDR looks wonderful in this game by the way. The augmented reality details pop in a way that they did not do in SDR! I only had a plasma display when I played it on my PS4 pro, so I did not get to experience HDR back then.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
First hotfix just deployed, is it really just 1.5mb?
PATCH NOTES
Crash/Hang Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didn’t initialize properly on startup.

Functionality Issue Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldn’t work for everyone.
  • Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
  • Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.

Other Fixes:
  • Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
  • Fixed several backend issues.
  • Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. We’re continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I've been reading reports that the hotfix did nothing for the most part. Still crashing.

It does fix the slow-mo aiming bug, at least. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Supposedly you can throw a rock or use an arrow to disable a bandit alarm trap. Where? I threw like 5 rocks and tried arrows even.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
This game has become unplayable for me at this point. I've gotten to the town where you are supposed to do the Proving and the game has crashed 3 times in the last half hour - once while walking around, once during a cutscene, and once when starting a conversation after the cutscene.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Played a bit more yesterday and I'm really liking it so far. Performance outside the walls is still ok, I'm getting some drops near the hunting area, which I can notice even with Gsync.
I also got another crash, this time during a cutscene. Happened only once, though.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Started the game today, no crashes or bugs other than the process not ending when shutting down the game and some weird volumetric lighting stuff.

Reactions: Milena

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Despite the crashing (which I anticipate now and try to migitate by saving regularly at every camp) the game randomly decided to reset all my settings... curious. This was right after a Windows 10 update, might've been related.

Other than that, I have a LOT of fun with HZD and I play unhealthy amounts of it... I am glad I finally have a game I can sink my teeth in again and that I REALLY want to play, but I might be overdoing it 😅. Stayed up until 4am a few times in the last couple days playing it. Even just doing the open world stuff that might be boring in other games was entertaining in this one.

Reactions: Milena and lashman