|OT| Horizon Zero Dawn - You Have My Bow

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
LOL! I would have to reinstall it to check ;)
I think I was getting above 50 most of the time, and before most of the patches hit. I hope it would be performing better now.

Reactions: Stevey

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I reinstalled it and did a bit of a test. When you set it to the highest settings, you can expect 30-40. But if you manage the settings a bit, you can reach 50-60.

Anyway, I ran the benchmark with 3 different settings:

Not sure just how much that translates to gameplay. I always use custom settings and had pretty good perfomance overall, and then, once it runs acceptably for me (meaning, at leave above 50) I basically dont pay attention to framerates anymore. But I hope these helped.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
I reinstalled it and did a bit of a test. When you set it to the highest settings, you can expect 30-40. But if you manage the settings a bit, you can reach 50-60.

Not sure just how much that translates to gameplay. I always use custom settings and had pretty good perfomance overall, and then, once it runs acceptably for me (meaning, at leave above 50) I basically dont pay attention to framerates anymore. But I hope these helped.
If you are so kind, can you run the test in 1080p, please?

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Sure, here are the results:

I had to switch VSync off for these. My monitor has a 74hz refresh rate, but for some reason at 1080 I can only select 60hz. The tearing in Ultra quality seemed pretty bad without VSync.
Thanks a lot :)

Well it seems the performance at 1080p is optimal with a good rig.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I was planning to wait on getting a new gpu before jumping in, but now that it looks like I won't be getting one in the near future...

On another note, I would be quite curious if the higher than expected pcie bandwidth need has changed at all with all the patches, especially now with the shader rework.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
On another note, I would be quite curious if the higher than expected pcie bandwidth need has changed at all with all the patches, especially now with the shader rework.
The impact was already reduced by the initial day one patch. I haven't looked into what happened after that.

Reactions: Parsnip

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018

Thanks for doing that.

60 is my bottom limit for FPS so I'll give it a miss until I can get a 3080

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
  • This!
Reactions: ISee

Sygmaelle

MetaMember
Sep 8, 2019

Apologies, HDR was in usage

just wanted to give a heads up because of the DLSS update. It looks absolutely awful if not in 4k because of the blurry AA in use, but the performance gain is real

Also its running on win 11 pro

Reactions: Cacher and QFNS

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Apologies, HDR was in usage

just wanted to give a heads up because of the DLSS update. It looks absolutely awful if not in 4k because of the blurry AA in use, but the performance gain is real

Also its running on win 11 pro
I checked it on my 144op screen, and it did look a bit softer, but I didn't think it was so bad that it was very noticeable. Given that at this point it's probably Nixxes that's working on this, it seems likely they'll continue working on it to get it right. Would also appreciate if they would expose the internal sharpening feature of DLSS.

Reactions: QFNS

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
They did another mini update after the dlss patch already, maybe there's more to come still. And yeah they also said on twitter that nixxes was involved in some capacity.