PSA I co-founded a company that does PC ports (among other things)

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Great news! I wish all the best of of the luck for you guys. As a mostly PC-Only guy I *greatly* appreciate all your efforts over the years, not only on all the great mods and ports, but also for having the infinite patience of defending the open nature of the platform on the forums.

We may lose the "enthusiastic modder" but hopefully this means more time and resources for greater projects.

Again, incredible news and congratulations!

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hell yeah! Great job Durante !
Ever since hearing about your work on DSFix back in the day, and later using it, I figured this would be the end result (or you'd go to work for another company doing this). I hope it goes well for you,

After CS1&2 on PC came out to be amazing, I look forward to whatever you all work on next.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Woah, quite amazing. Congrats!
Are you planning on doing this full time? Last I heard you worked as post-doc or something.

Reactions: lashman

Gray

Dec 31, 2018
Excellent news. We need more quality PC ports. Best of luck to you and congratulations!

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Nice. Hopefully lots of japanese companies will reach out for at least consulting help if not letting you directly work on the ports. While it's gotten a lot better over the past few years there's still a lot of room for improvement in many of their games.

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
Oh, wow. Congratulations. I'm glad to see your excellent contributions to the PC gaming community turn into what will hopefully be a thriving business.

While I'm sure it'll depend on the developer's request, are Linux ports something you're aiming to do alongside Windows ports?

Last edited:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
If there's a console game in you neighborhood,
who you gonna call?
Durante!
If there's a PC game
and it don't look good,
who you gonna call?
Durante!

I ain't afraid of no port.

If you're seeing games running at 30 FPS,
who you gonna call?
Durante!
Too much input lag, or a very low res.
Who you gonna call?
Durante!

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
Congrats! And good luck!
Definitely lots of opportunities out there. I have a few friends out there hustling doing their own thing these days. Definitely hard work but rewarding to define your own direction and goals.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
A piece of most excellent news. Best of luck, Durante!

I'm looking forward to seeing a PH3 logo whenever I'm starting up a game I like. (Preferably after a Falcom logo!)

EDIT: Metacouncil is now mildly internet famous!

Reactions: lashman and RionaaM

doctorcdcs

Dec 31, 2018
Congrats Durante! I hope this means companies that have older PC releases which are buggy and problematic on the platform can come to your company to help make them workable/playable!

CthulhuSars

Nov 2, 2018
Great news. I have always appreciated your views on technical aspects of gaming and especially your work on Dark Souls which is how I found out about you in the first place. Good luck on your business.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Since self-promotion isn't prohibited and it might be of interest to some of the people here I thought I'd make a thread about this.
why would it be? announcements like this one is probably the reason why it's not :D

The company is called PH3, and the gaming-related part has a tiny web presence here.

The process has actually been on-going since September last year, but we just very recently got the final bureaucratic ids required to consider it fully complete (Austrian bureaucracy is an art form).

Expect some more ports from us in the future!
(And contact us if you need a high-quality PC port ;))
great news, man! honestly - i was waiting for that to happen ... and it's AWESOME! good luck! :)

Durate, also please shill your work here as much as possible so will know what games to support 😉
yes, please do! i wish more people would remember about the self-promotion rule, haha

PH3: the Pretty Horny 3
well, considering what games he likes the most .... very accurate :p

we're a real website now! (also: thanks iboudreau!!! :cat-heart-blob:)

Metacouncil is now mildly internet famous!

OP
Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I didn't expect this to blow up to this extent (I should have, really, but Metacouncil seems so cozy and niche ;)) -- I think it's even a bit excessive to call our company a "studio" at this point. But hey, it's certainly awesome to get this much support!

Delusi

Dec 21, 2018
I didn't expect this to blow up to this extent (I should have, really, but Metacouncil seems so cozy and niche ;)) -- I think it's even a bit excessive to call our company a "studio" at this point. But hey, it's certainly awesome to get this much support!
I mean, having three people on the payroll probably makes you amongst the top 50% of largest game developers (in terms of headcount) right now. :coffee-blob:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I didn't expect this to blow up to this extent
quick, link your SoundCloud!!! ;)

(I should have, really, but Metacouncil seems so cozy and niche ;))
awww, thank you :cat-heart-blob:

I think it's even a bit excessive to call our company a "studio" at this point. But hey, it's certainly awesome to get this much support!
isn't at least one of the SEGA port studios also like 3 people? i could've sworn ...

so yeah - you guys are a real studio now! OWN IT! :D

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Hell yeah!
Cold Steel III is the obvious one but Grandia 1 would be killer. Porting a PS1 game in 2019 without major rework has got to be a challenge.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Durante could u comment o the possibilty of assisting with porting of saturn/90s era consoles as well as ps2 era console gamesa to modern platforms?