News In case you haven't noticed, the US is on fire #BandwithWarning

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Like how the fuck is there a defense force for

A: Getting shot in the back 7 times, in front of your kids, after stopping a fight, no weapons..... No defense is possible.

B: 17 year old kid open carrying an AR when they're from another state.... Like how in the fuck do you defend the kid and the media/social media shit storm and groups that got him into that position.
I wish there was a way to post a conversation that I saw on Slack.

Dude said:

Sadly, these days everyone not at least sympathetic to Marxist ideology and progressive politics is labeled "far right".

He shouldn't have been there, but it's also a free country, and most of the people out in that situation "shouldn't have been there".

It's a mess for sure, and actual justice will probably the most inflammatory outcome, as it would be for most of the visible and public incidents and crimes driving the current social narrative.
This dude is a teacher.

Thankfully, someone said:

I'm going to bed, but we're spending a LOT of time defending the rights and justifications of the white guy who made a special trip with a gun, and not so much time with the guy who was shot unjustly seven times.
To which I added, "or the people who died."

I'm going to bed, but we're spending a LOT of time defending the rights and justifications of the white guy who made a special trip with a gun, and not so much time with the guy who was shot unjustly seven times.

Trisolarian

MetaMember
Jul 12, 2019
I wish there was a way to post a conversation that I saw on Slack.

Dude said:

This dude is a teacher.

How 'Marxism' get in this fucking conversation????

Far right media indoctrination bullshit, to use their phrase.

I guess people don't have the right not to be shot anymore....

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

How 'Marxism' get in this fucking conversation????

Far right media indoctrination bullshit, to use their phrase.

I guess people don't have the right not to be shot anymore....
You never had the right to not be shot, but your right to carry a gun is in the Constitution.

Trisolarian

MetaMember
Jul 12, 2019

You never had the right to not be shot, but your right to carry a gun is in the Constitution.
True. But its a 'rights' to life , kind of like the ones those people will use to justify the shootings. 'Feared for my life and self defense'.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm not sure that I'm not butting in too heavily in your conversation but you wrote a thing that made me really nod in approval and hit home.
That happens all the damn time, and I lived it over and over when in a victim's position. People always question the victim, always try to see things from the perspective of the perpetrator and very seldom offer sympathy, empathy or even try to imagine what it was like to be the recipient of the misdeed, let alone their treatment of you.

I still struggle to understand why people defend abusers instinctively like this.

Reactions: Phoenix RISING

Monooboe

0,20% PC Gamer
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
perttiteurajarvi.com
What sickening to hear is talk about if the shooter was justified in protecting himself. The talk should be about if the protesters were right in wanting to protect themselves from a right wing militia nut out clearly to kill. Like fuck yeah they should chase away and disarm if possible all those right wing shitheads who only do want a new civil war.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
What sickening to hear is talk about if the shooter was justified in protecting himself. The talk should be about if the protesters were right in wanting to protect themselves from a right wing militia nut out clearly to kill. Like fuck yeah they should chase away and disarm if possible all those right wing shitheads who only do want a new civil war.
The narrative concerning the shooter protecting himself is a combination of gun worship and white supremacy, both of which are analogous in the US.

I mean, have you seen this? This is why the police WANTED that kid there. And they'd do it again too.

Reactions: Pommes and Monooboe

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The narrative concerning the shooter protecting himself is a combination of gun worship and white supremacy, both of which are analogous in the US.

I mean, have you seen this? This is why the police WANTED that kid there. And they'd do it again too.

That guys is a Sheriff? This isn't the 60s, this is the 30s and then some. This line of reasoning is genocidal.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have read this Twitter thread and found it informative. There are lots of details going on in the videos, which make them hard to follow.

Edit: The Twitter thread is slightly different from the article.