Community INDIE GAMES TAG | February 2019 | It Starts

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm working on a post. I hadn't seen this thread before I was tagged so I'm still making sure I've got everything covered.

I will say that for what I'm doing I've got a few games chosen with the theme Detectives.
ooooh, that sounds exciting! :D

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
Kathy Rain: A Detective is Born
Clifftop Games
Kathy Rain on Steam
Clifftop Games

Kathy Rain is a point and click adventure game about a college journalism student who learns of the mysterious circumstances around her fathers death which leads her to set out to uncover the mystery around it. It tells the personal story of one of my favorite protagonists.

The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game
Grace Bruxner - Worlds most amazing game developer
The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game
Grace Bruxner

The Haunted Island follows Frog Detective, an investigator whose skills are nearly on par with Lobster Cop, on a case that has left a team of ghost scientists baffled. It's a short comedic adventure that leads Frog Detective to encounter a fun and interesting cast of characters.

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Phoenix Online Studios
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller on Steam
Phoenix Online Sudios

Cognition is a supernatural adventure starring FBI agent Erica Reed as she works on solving a murder case that's related to the murder of her brother. A point and click adventure with an engaging puzzles and a thrilling murder mystery.

Next up is Gevin!

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
I have no problem with doing another one but you'll have to wait til i finish work :blobmorning:

Reactions: lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Alrighty, I'll embrace the Past/present/Future theme, so one from each of one of my favourite genres, the 2D/2.5D side-scrolling puzzle platformer.

Past:

Little Bug
Buddy Systems Games

Delightful puzzle platformer where a young girl, Nyah, has to navigate the dream world with the help of a ball of light. Both characters are controlled at once allowing for intricate moves and tricks.

Present:

Northern Lights
Dimle Team

Short but sweet adventure puzzle game about a lonely robot waking up after a global calamity. Fantastic graphics, sound and scope mark this as a high quality start to hopefully further adventures!

Future:

Night LIghts
Meridian Games

The world is different at night. Night Lights is a 2D puzzle platformer that tasks a tiny robot to illuminate the world. Manipulate light and shadow to change the environment, solve intricate puzzles, collect shards and resurrect a fallen star.

Time to step up Tizoc (you were the highest on the post count that hadn't had a go yet!)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Bleh this is too much effort :V I can't even think of past, present, future titles since I played so many but I'ma try.

Name of GAME: Ittle Dew
Developer: Ludosity

If this is what classic Legend of Zelda games played like, I want more of it. The game is focused on exploration with some puzzle solving, starting out light then offering some nice variations to solving certain rooms or areas. The game is also designed with speedrunning in mind as you can do sequence breaking of sorts to clear the game as fast as possible.
The game has boss fights that are mainly designed on using the tools you have to overcome the boss' pattern and damage them. In general the game is easy and a short fun romp, it helps that the humor is good and the presentation is vibrant and colourful.

OSatan

OFather OSun