- Sep 20, 2018
Welcome, welcome everyone, to discuss the most important , most relevant topic of them all. From the age-old classic of fried chicken, to some tasty bacon. From well-done steak, to still bloody ground meat. Let us for once not worry about the health implications of eating too much red meat, and let us set aside the moral quandary of killing innocent beings, and let us also ignore for a spell the dilemma of how the production of meat is a leading factor for climate change. Let us simply indulge our primitive hunter-gatherer instincts, and talk about some yummy meat.
Since this topic is so rich and complex, you might not know at first what to discus, paralyzed - as you might very well be - by the sheer number of choices of things to discuss. Not to worry, here's a list of topics to get the conversation rolling.
- Chicken - Wing or Leg ? The eternal conundrum
- T-Bone Steak and Meat On The Bone - The same thing, or entirely different?
- Poached meat - sacrilege or a healthier way to cook?
- Mailllard Effect - The chemical mastery of meat cooking
- On which side are you ? Bone-in or Bone-out
- Brining Meat - Myth or Reality?
- Pan-Roasted Veal Chops with Cabernet Sauce
- Pot Roast Smothered in Bacon and Onions
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Roasted Garlic
Grilled Lamb Chops with Roasted Garlic
- Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing by Micheal Ruhlman
- Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling by Meathead Goldwyn
- Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin and Jordan Mackay
- What about vegetarians, vegans or people who just don't like meat that much?
- Didn't you really just make this thread because of the really clever, totally original pun?
Well, mostly, but not only.