Community Merry Christmas! Got any plans?

Sophie

vive la baguette
Dec 20, 2018
Norway
twitter.com
Asking both those who do and those who don’t celebrate.

We celebrate on the 24th here, usually just eat dinner then open presents. I’ll probably go back home and play Siege or something after the whole night has cooled down. lol

On the 25th we eat the leftovers!

We usually eat various sausages, pork belly, lam and other misc stuff.

What about you? Feel free to post presents too once we get that far!

:wd_heart:

Deepo

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Celebrating at home today with the girlfriend's parents. Then there's hopefully some time left to game a bit before bed! Got Borderlands 2 VR from my parents, so really want to get started on that.

Reactions: Sophie and lashman

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
drink. be merry. visit an important grave. don't die.

Sent out all my gifts. Hope to correct my sleep pattern.

Wait for new years so I can whale on the limited packages and events in my favorite chinese gacha. (Girls' Frontline)

Reactions: Sophie and lashman

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm planning to eat my fill of these steaks I marinated yesterday. :cool:

It's going to be a hot day too (30 C), so I'll be making strawberry smoothies later. Plus, I got my fridge stocked with a slab of Coronas for tonight.

Of course, there will be some gaming to be had (and talk rubbish on Discord, obviously :p)

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
I live with my parents so it's more of a traditional Polish Xmas. Main celebrations take place on the 24th. Day starts with making the christmas tree look awesome. Cooking all afternoon, this year we made pierogi with cabbage/mushroom filling, borscht with mushroom filled dumplings, mushroom borscht and fried fish + plum kompot. Christmas gifts got pulled from under the tree after that and we had a couple drinks. 25th it's leftovers for lunch and neighbors are coming over later. Tomorrow we're visiting family.

Reactions: lashman

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
Eating a lot, playing games with my family and looking after kids when not doing one of the former.
Lot less time to post and browse online.

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Let's bump this thread, because I'm curious what all of you are doing at Christmas eve. ☺

Like every year, I'm celebrating Christmas eve with my wife's family. This year it's our turn to be the hosts, so I'm expecting 15 visitors tonight.

For supper I'm serving Christmas Balls, which are actually meat balls filled with cranberry sauce, with mashed potatoes containing carrots and celeriac. My nails are still orange from cutting carrots for over an hour. 🤭

What about you guys?

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm just eating chocolate, drink wine and play video games.:D Potatoes with salad for dinner and some fresh bread with nice cheese. Reading my post from one year ago it certainly is better this year.:D

And thank you everyone here that made my christmas even more special today, you know who you are!:D
I'm so happy for you that your life got such a huge upgrade compared to last year. ☺
no plans whatsoever ... just sitting here, listening to the LiS2 soundtrack ... wouldn't change anything! :)
Next year I'm inviting you as well 🙂

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Merry Christmas folks! I hope you all have a great holiday! :blobhug:

Let's bump this thread, because I'm curious what all of you are doing at Christmas eve. ☺

Like every year, I'm celebrating Christmas eve with my wife's family. This year it's our turn to be the hosts, so I'm expecting 15 visitors tonight.

For supper I'm serving Christmas Balls, which are actually meat balls filled with cranberry sauce, with mashed potatoes containing carrots and celeriac. My nails are still orange from cutting carrots for over an hour. 🤭

What about you guys?
For the past several years it's usually just me and my mom that get together and exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. Then make way too much food for Christmas dinner on Christmas Day.

Spent way too much on gifts this year (sorry, wallet!). But I was hopefully able to make the holidays brighter for some folks and that's all that matters. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The big thing I got for my mom was a new 8 inch chef's knife. She had been needing a new one for years and I found a really good deal on one during Black Friday. Also got her an indoor grill, so take that winter, can't stop grilling season now! :LOL:

And for anyone curious about this year's dinner spread, it's somewhat traditional. With stuff like ham and green beans. Also going to be making potatoes au gratin, deviled eggs and turkey club pinwheels. And for dessert I made 2 dozen buckeyes and a chocolate mocha cheesecake with a cherry topping.

In case folks haven't heard them called pinwheels or are wondering what buckeyes are I'll include a couple links.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I did all my Christmas prep yesterday, which mostly involved the chopping of vegetables.

Today my better half is cooking the bird, and we're heading to my mum's place for dinner.

Have a merry Christmas everyone!