|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Oof, 4/6 login attempts were unsuccessful for me.
Even failed attempts, this is stressful.
Yeah lol, I changed my password just in case. But it seems that my login did a world tour lmao

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
"with a lot of games". Sounds exciting. I wonder if it will not launch with Botw2? :baseballblob:

Reactions: Arc

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea DLSS will be huge for new Switch. The base hardware will continue being weak but with DLSS they will easily be able to upscale so many of the low res games to look really good on TV/Monitors. It will be a legit generation jump for most cases.

Nintendo has to set the example tho and get devs on board. They have to make the new Zelda and Pokemon have DLSS support.

Also people better prepare to pay for that premium Nvidia chip. Gonna be at least 400$ for sure now.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yea DLSS will be huge for new Switch. The base hardware will continue being weak but with DLSS they will easily be able to upscale so many of the low res games to look really good on TV/Monitors. It will be a legit generation jump for most cases.

Nintendo has to set the example tho and get devs on board. They have to make the new Zelda and Pokemon have DLSS support.

Also people better prepare to pay for that premium Nvidia chip. Gonna be at least 400$ for sure now.
It will sell like crazy even with a 399 price tag. I only play Nintendo games and some Japanese console exclusives on Switch, but if there is a substantial disparity in performance I would pick this up asap.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I'd buy a DLSS Switch just to get good AA. Quality upscaling to 4K is just a bonus.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I completed the second level in Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection. It only took 55 deaths and about 2 hours. Now that's what I call progress!

"with a lot of games". Sounds exciting. I wonder if it will not launch with Botw2? :baseballblob:

Hopefully devs go back and include upgrade patches for their older games. I'm almost somewhat dreading playing Monster Hunter Rise on Switch since the demo looked so rough and didn't have great performance. Also I think BOTW 2 was probably delayed until 2022 simply because COVID has delayed practically everything and Aonuma was so hesitant to mention it during the last Nintendo Direct.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
But this is nintendo we are talking about, they never have anything other than old tech in their system.
Not that Nintendo believes in power first and foremost, but their previous revisions for portable devices have been beefy compared to the old models. Nintendo probably got a good deal out of this from Nvidia with a new chip.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Not that Nintendo believes in power first anf foremost, but their previous revisions for portable devices have been beefy compared to the old models. Nintendo probably got a good deal out of this from Nvidia with a new chip.
This. Also, Nintendo doesn't shy away from new technology. They just don't value better graphics over everything else.

If anything, DLSS is an affordable technology that allows their system to do unexpected things, so it's right up Nintendo's street.

Nvidia are probably developing a DLSS Shield device anyway, so it may come from that.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So apparently Monster Hunter Rise is amazing, can't wait till Friday.
If I bite (which will be a bad idea for the budget) this will be my first physical game for many years. I just can’t with the digital price.

edit -
Waitwaitwait, PossiblyPudding has a switch too. I sense... I think I sense... co-op ?!

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
I'm really hyped for Monster Hunter Rise but since I'm buying it physically, I'll wait for a future re-release since Capcom is going to update the game with a proper ending. A shame since I wanted to play it in late March/early April but for now, I'll just put it elsewhere in my backlog.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Hopefully devs go back and include upgrade patches for their older games. I'm almost somewhat dreading playing Monster Hunter Rise on Switch since the demo looked so rough and didn't have great performance. Also I think BOTW 2 was probably delayed until 2022 simply because COVID has delayed practically everything and Aonuma was so hesitant to mention it during the last Nintendo Direct.
I expected Botw2 being a 2022 game immediately after the direct, but after all these Switch Pro rumors, I am not so sure now... I think Nintendo will launch it with at least one big game, and that game is very likely Botw2.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Rise looks fantastic, but since I have yet to finish World and MHGU I might as well wait for the PC version.

Reactions: Cacher
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The old PS web store has stopped working so now I and everyone has to use that new crap shit store goddamn I hate it.

I visited the old web store multiple times a week to check for sales on exclusive titles, I haven't bought anything on the new store in months. Have little overview of things.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I have 25€ in xbox store credit but never seem to find anything to buy.XD
Spare it. You never know when a game releases that you really wanna play that's not on game pass (I assume you have game pass since you have an Xbox), that moment will arrive at some point and you will be very happy you didn't use the money on something you were just semi-interested in.

It can be 2 week, it can be 5 months, it can be 9 months or more. So spare the money for that moment.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Spare it. You never know when a game releases that you really wanna play that's not on game pass (I assume you have game pass since you have an Xbox), that moment will arrive at some point and you will be very happy you didn't use the money on something you were just semi-interested in.

It can be 2 week, it can be 5 months, it can be 9 months or more. So spare the money for that moment.
Problem is that store credit that I've gotten from microsoft points expire in like four months I think, I need to spend before may.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Problem is that store credit that I've gotten from microsoft points expire in like four months I think, I need to spend before may.
Then wait until the week before it expires before you decide. Write down a bunch of games your'e considering and eliminate the games you are least interested in.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I bought a console game for the first time in 3 years or so. And DLC too!

I normally really wouldn't do something like this but the power of Touhou + Hololive was too much for me. (I bought Touhou Spell Bubble + the Gensokyo Holoism DLC)

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and Arc

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
The Wirebug system in Monster Hunter Rise is really good. I love all the verticality it brings and how the levels suddenly feel a lot more fun to traverse. Sadly I haven't experience any sort of situation where it is used in monster fights yet, but it does make me hope future MH games have more vertical levels and implement it into fights.

Reactions: Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
9 minutes of super dumb fun serious Nintendo gaming! Miitopia looks like a simple but charming way to spend some time.

Wait, no. It needs more edgelord! /s

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I wanted a PS5 and a Series X with Gamepass. And games, like pre-2008 when we had money !
All I got are invoices, everything was invoices ! At least the masters will be happy, I paid for my heat, and my water.

I long for those simpler times.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
MH strong as ever in Japan but I still doubt Rise can ever reach World's ww heights (and it's okay not to). I feel it's mostly for core fans, not those newcomers.

Also, by 22 we may be seeing the G upgraded edition for it, I wonder if the PC version will synchronise with that or just bring us the vanilla game at that point.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'm really tempted to get MHR and would have if i didn't already have a ton of games to play in my library. It just means i have something to look forward to for later on this year when i've cleared out some of my existing games and saved some cash.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Start April off right! This Thursday, grab all four of these games free with Stadia Pro and keep them as long as you stay a Pro member. They’re the latest additions to more than 25 games available to claim with Stadia Pro this April.
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition: Survival horror returns to its roots in Resident Evil 7. Play one of the scariest games in a decade on your phone, your laptop, your desktop, or your TV with Chromecast Ultra. Experience Capcom’s modern-day classic instantly.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated: A classic returns in an HD overhaul. Live out all your pineapple under-the-sea fantasies.
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA: It’s pronounced like “Eeeeezzzzzz.” One of the most hardcore JRPG series of them all makes its Stadia debut this week. Get ready to sample that sweet, sweet Nihon Falcom magic.
  • PIKUNIKU: It’s cute, it’s puzzley, and there’s something creepy lurking underneath.
Also, March 31 is your last chance to claim SteamWorld Quest, SteamWorld Dig 2, SUPERHOT MIND CONTROL DELETE, F1® 2020, and Hotline Miami free with Stadia Pro. Once you’ve added them to your library, they’re yours as long as you maintain your subscription, so don’t wait! Pick them up today.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

This game looks great. There's zero chance I'm paying $70 for a roguelite, but I'll rent it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I don't know much about this game but I'm kinda interested for the cosmic horror. Then again, I would need a PS5. Then again, after Sony stunt with PS3/Vita, do I want a PS5 ?
Today is decidedly too full of what ifs for me..

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
After Sony decided to kill the PS3/Vita/PSP stores I'm out of their ecosystem. The value of their hardware and games bought on their platform plummeted for that reason alone.

I had a bit of cash set aside for a PS5 at some point this year, but now my new TV purchase is coming first.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Big McLargehuge

God Cleaver
Dec 8, 2018
The last Sony console I had was a PS3 and this just cements the fact that I won't be going back to that ecosystem ever again.
The absolute gall they had for putting that shitty "PLAY HAS NO LIMITS" slogan in the email I received was the last straw for me :disapproval-blob:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Do MS Rewards points expire?
Points dont expire. Once you exchange them for store credit, you have 60 days (i think) to spend it.
After Sony decided to kill the PS3/Vita/PSP stores I'm out of their ecosystem. The value of their hardware and games bought on their platform plummeted for that reason alone.

I had a bit of cash set aside for a PS5 at some point this year, but now my new TV purchase is coming first.
Yeah, I was thinking this as well. I'd like a PS5 but these signals of 'you better keep your hardware forever if you wanna continue playing these games' are horrible. I'm not going to stock up hardware and discs just cause Sony doesnt give a shit about their own games.

Reactions: C-Dub
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im gonna get a PS5, but as always only use it for exclusives. I don't trust Sony or Nintendo with multiplats.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I still have some of the ‘I need the PS5’ hype but this damps on that a lot. I might as well wait for a price cut or Slim version.
Like say what you want about MS, the fact that you can play 50 OG Xbox games from 21 years ago on their new hardware is amazing.

• This!