|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
At first I really thought remaking TLOU this soon was dumb as hell but I've been playing Halo 2 anniversary lately on MCC and I gotta say it might not be too bad of an idea. Just like the difference between the first Halo anniversary...switching back n forth is a big enough gap visually with Halo 2 where I say the devs earned it.

10 years is a lot of time. Sony/ND should really make sure it doesn't deviate too much at all tho. Let people instantly switch between old and new as well would be cool. I haven't played TLOU2 yet but from the trailers its obviously a huge leap over the first in terms of graphics. That type of update put on top of the first (PS3) version would make for a great remake imo.
TLOU 2 makes TLOU 1 look like a N64 game.

Reactions: yuraya

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
And that's The Last of Us 2 finished. I liked it but I don't want to play it ever again lmao

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I was looking at the microsoft rewards program and saw that there are both xbox and microsoft gift cards, what's the difference? Aren't both credit on your microsoft account?
Xbox cards are for Xbox only, Microsoft credit lets you buy apps on the desktop store, Office licenses and such.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Sure it is in the name haha, but I thought credit on the account was useable everywhere, since once in the account it doesn't say what kind of credit it is just that it shows money.
Hmm then I dunno. I always pick the Xbox one :p

• This!
Reactions: Le Pertti

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I turned on my PS5 for the first time in a month to play the RE8 demo. It seems like it'll be fun. I also did a few hunts in Monster Hunter World and then my controller's battery needed charging.

• Toucan
  • Sad
Reactions: Pommes and Li Kao

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

If anyone here doesn't own the Raidou games, go get them off the PS3 store!

The PS2 English copies of these games are expensive as hell. Between 200-300 bucks. :sweaty-blob:

Maybe I could make a decent buck selling my copies. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
But ma PSP ?
And the truth is out in the open anyway, it’s just a stay of execution. Sony really need backcompat.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I guess
The PS2 English copies of these games are expensive as hell.
I guess Sony took a gander on eBay and saw those prices and went "Hey, where's our cut?" And thus they'll keep Zeus running for a little while longer.

It's business as usual for us, though. I just grabbed Tears to Tiara 2 the other night. I might grab the rest of Sting's PSP RPGs just to complete the collection.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Played a game of The Show on Gamepass. I think baseball games are not my thing. Same with hockey games.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Did people here try the RE Village demo ? How was it ? Promising ?

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Did people here try the RE Village demo ? How was it ? Promising ?
I downloaded the demo on my PS4 a few days ago, but I was met with " wait 8 hours to play" so I uninstalled it, don't have the patience for that sort of crap. Already pre-ordered on Steam and the demo will arrive on Steam soon, so no biggie really.

Played a game of The Show on Gamepass. I think baseball games are not my thing. Same with hockey games.
Im considering downloading it on my One X, but Im not sure if Im interested enough to try it out.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Looking at Returnal since the only game I have for my PS5 is Marvel's Avengers. But the only motivation I can muster for Returnal is "These bullets on a black background would look really nice on my OLED" and I don't think that is worth 80€ to me

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I've played like 5 hours of MLB The Show and I'm not even a baseball fan.

Looking at Returnal since the only game I have for my PS5 is Marvel's Avengers. But the only motivation I can muster for Returnal is "These bullets on a black background would look really nice on my OLED" and I don't think that is worth 80€ to me
I'm renting it. I think it actually looks pretty great, but there are a very, very small number of games I will buy full price at day one (and even fewer that I'd pay $70 for).

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Returnal and Demons Souls has been reduces in price at 2 shop, no word if it's permanent, sale or pricing error, no advertising what so ever.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
22 bucks for Judgment for Xbox here in Mexico, and since I saved my reward points, I got it for free. Thanks, Sega!

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So apparently Returnal is a 3-4 hour games which is terrible for a roguelike. I hate roguelikes that lasts more than 1 hour. The best roguelikes Ive played are the roguelikes that lasts less than 1 hour like Isaac, Hades, Gungeon, Gunfire Reborn etc. Having less than 1 hour helps with the pace and replayability.

Reactions: Li Kao
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wow, Interest greatly diminished. Farrrr too long for a run.
Yeah need to wait for reviews and reports about it, hopefully it's not true. also reports that you can't save, I know you can't save in roguelikes, but that's because they have a runtime for less than 1 hour. Hopefully the playtime here is wrong.

So far there have been reports about:

• 3-4 hour playtime for a run
  • no saving (again this is usual for a roguelike, but that's because they have a short runtime)
  • very difficulty

Reactions: Li Kao

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
I have a hard time believing 3-4 hour runs without saving, not loading old saves/savepoints sure, but they have to let you turn the game off and come back later without reset, right?

Otherwise, i'm fine with it as long as the game is designed and structured around the longer runs, if it's really hard i'd expect a lot of progress in story and tons of variety even when failing 20 runs in the first 1-2 hours.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
City Connection does what Segadon't :rolleyes:
City Connection's doing a brilliant job in untangling IPs and making now-obscure games more readily available. It's not like bigger companies don't want to (SEGA hired M2 to do their Switch AGES ports).

Now if only Cotten games come to PC...

Reactions: ExistentialThought

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I just started playing Asura’s Wrath (yep real blast from the past), but so far it has not left a good impression
3 chapters down and it is boring af, hope it picks up soon else it’s getting dropped like a rock

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
More and more niche Japanese titles are coming to Switch only. I really wish there is a balance between Switch and Playstation in the Japanese market, but I think Sony's stance and actions towards the market segment is driving developers away.

• This!
Reactions: TheTrain and Li Kao

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
More and more niche Japanese titles are coming to Switch only. I really wish there is a balance between Switch and Playstation in the Japanese market, but I think Sony's stance and actions towards the market segment is driving developers away.
Not surprising, developing for Switch must cost pennies compared to PS5.

• Sad
Reactions: TheTrain and Cacher

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
This whole Sony stance feels so shortsighted. You need small games, you dumb fucks.

• Sad
Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Both are nightmare fuel. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
Not surprising, developing for Switch must cost pennies compared to PS5.
Definitely one of the factors. Although Switch sells gangbuster in Japan, PS4 still has a decent install base. It's very likely that "something" is making them think "meh, this is not worth it".

And that something is probably a mix of Sony not putting effort into Japanese market, not valuing niche and small titles, red tapes (eg. how they impose censorship on third parties' games) and some other things that we don't know. :disappointed-face:

BTW, Mon-Yu looks like a Etrian Odyssey clone from Experience. I definitely need to play that.

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
If you look at the weekly sales charts in Japan, the Top 30 Software is dominated by Switch titles, a mixture of old and new. Most of the time, PS4 games only get in the Top 30 if they're new and they drop out quickly. E.g. the charts for last week had 28 Switch games and only 2 PS4 games, and those PS4 games were new. It's a sad situation for them.

Perhaps this is also another reason in addition to the ones Jim_Cacher mentioned.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Seems like my PS5 order might be okay, but who knows, for all I know I might receive a "techinal glitch" or "we sold more machines that we received" during the day.

If it goes through I will get Demon's Souls, but otherwise Im not sure. Somewhat interested in Sackboy and Returnal, but paying 70$ for a roguelite when Im used to paying far less for those games on Steam and Steam also has a far better refund system makes things difficulty for me. Sackboy looks a lot of fun and I always have a good time with a good platformer, but 60$ is also a lot.

Yes, I will be buying gift cards of Amazon US and buy games on US PSN Store because fuck the eu prices.

It will only be used as a exclusive machine anyways.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Returnal looking great!

Don't have a PS5 yet but I am pretty excited towards a high-production roguelike except the $70 price tag.

Reactions: Arc

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
GameFly shipped Returnal. Finally my PS5 will be something more than a Monster Hunter machine.

• Gib
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Returnal looking great!

Don't have a PS5 yet but I am pretty excited towards a high-production roguelike except the $70 price tag.
Me every time with PS5 first party games

"oh yeah Returnal and Demons Souls looks really good in this video"
remembers price tag

• This!
Reactions: d00d3n and Cacher

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Me every time with PS5 first party games

"oh yeah Returnal and Demons Souls looks really good in this video"
remembers price tag
I actually bought Demons Souls despite the price tag, but 84 euro for a single A roguelike that has surpassed expectations but still receiving citicism for the slow gameplay and story content being mismatched with the roguelike elements? It seems like the game should be sold for half of the listed price, at most.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I actually bought Demons Souls despite the price tag, but 84 euro for a single A roguelike that has surpassed expectations but still receiving citicism for the slow gameplay and story content being mismatched with the roguelike elements? It seems like the game should be sold for half of the listed price, at most.
I will be getting first party games from the US PSN Store. In my country they are priced as 103$, not paying that.

Reactions: C-Dub and d00d3n
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
With the complaints about bugs, crashes and no saving I've decided to not buy Returnal for now and get Demons Souls when the PS5 arrives (assumingly next week). I will no doubt use at least 2 weeks to finish Demons Souls since RE Village is releasing next week too which I pre-ordered on Steam so no need for Returnal immediately anyways.

So Im getting Demons Souls first and no other game until Demons Souls is finished. The PS5 will only be used as a exclusive machine so I really don't have that many games that Im super interested in other than Demons.

Last edited: