|OT| MetaConsole | Here we can talk about anything regarding consoles

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Really tempted to order the new Shin Chan game, though I know as soon as I do, it will be localized. Then again, that would also be a good thing.

Reactions: Cacher
OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Started Returnal yesterday, it is very, very good. But I see why it might discourage people from playing it given there's no mid run save.
I didn't really like it at the start, game didn't really become fun/click for me until 2-3 hours into it.

Also, the biomes are too long, it needs a manual save or automatic save for the last room you went into.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
I am thinking about buying a Switch lite. Is the Nintendo eShop the only shop where i can buy indies? Are there any sales like on Steam?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So the new battlefield available to buy both for Xbox One and Xbox X|S with a 10€ difference, but I thought any game you buy on One will be available for X|S?
New BF has higher server capacity for next gen. So its 128 vs 64. I guess that is why but I don't know how upgrades work with EA games for Xbox so maybe you just won't play on 128 lobbies on next gen.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
I am thinking about buying a Switch lite. Is the Nintendo eShop the only shop where i can buy indies? Are there any sales like on Steam?
I think there are third-party websites that may sell digital game codes like CDKeys, but they're resellers. Perhaps others too but it depends on where you live. I think someone else here probably could know better.

Regarding sales, on the eShop, there are sales like with Playstation and Xbox. However, I'm not sure if they're like Steam sales. A lot of games I've bought have been on sale.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Yeah, indies go on sales a lot on the eshop. Like xinek said, deku deals is the best place to trace sales. You can also switch region easily so you can exploit it. But beware that your in-store credit will be wiped after switching so make sure that your balance is 0 before doing it.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If Horizon FW was coming this year Sony would have been shouting out the top of their lungs. They've been hush on release date for a reason. It was always a 2022 game. Same with God of War 2 which is most likely a 2023 game at this point. They only ever showed a logo for that thing lol. Might as well as be Metroid Prime 4.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Sony trades on quality releases. Even one major fuck up is going to damage their brand cachet because each Sony first party game is now inextricably linked to the PlayStation Studios brand.

Delaying is the only option if it looks even remotely likely that the game would come in hot, even if it upsets the fanboys that only play the big budget games in the short term.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Too bad. Could've been fun to ship it all greasy, covered in sauce smudges and leftover salt stuck in the trigger mechanisms. Game on, ya filthy animals :evilblob:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I was checking my PS Account and I noticed that I have a 0 dollars transaction for 'Play Station Plus' paid with Prepaid Card (code). I didn't even use my PS5 yesterday nor any other Sony service. Any idea what this might be?

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

I actually like the look for that PlayStation 2 case.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im too quickly getting tired fo Returnal. The gameplay is fun and tight and story is interesting. I have yet to defeat Phrike and it's because after every try I get tired and I think it's because the biome is too big. I like roguelikes/lites because they are fast-paces (which Returnal is), but it doesn't take more than 1 hour to beat them and Returnal is just too long.

I wish the game was on PC to see if there are any cheats I could use to speed up things with.

• Sad
Reactions: Prodigy

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Im too quickly getting tired fo Returnal. The gameplay is fun and tight and story is interesting. I have yet to defeat Phrike and it's because after every try I get tired and I think it's because the biome is too big. I like roguelikes/lites because they are fast-paces (which Returnal is), but it doesn't take more than 1 hour to beat them and Returnal is just too long.

I wish the game was on PC to see if there are any cheats I could use to speed up things with.
I haven't played it myself, but I wonder if they could have had the biomes separated into smaller parts and then a boss at the end of say the 5th section, with each section being a checkpoint.
I know they don't want to add saves as it takes a bit away from that 'roguelike' exploration/upgrade path, but if the levels are too long, then yeah it's hard to quickly pop in die and repeat over a 15 min period like Hades.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I haven't played it myself, but I wonder if they could have had the biomes separated into smaller parts and then a boss at the end of say the 5th section, with each section being a checkpoint.
I know they don't want to add saves as it takes a bit away from that 'roguelike' exploration/upgrade path, but if the levels are too long, then yeah it's hard to quickly pop in die and repeat over a 15 min period like Hades.
Every time I die I basically think "ah shit, goddammit, now I have to it all over again, nah Im good for now" which is not a positive thought when playing a roguelike/lite.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Looks like the box is modelled after Enigma/Arcus/whatever orbment device equivalent in Calvard is. Looks quite nice. I wouldn't mind getting one of these if NISA actually make one up for the PC version.

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Sorta the same, I mean I don't have PS Plus and yet I have no interest in the Plus features or any of the new non-Plus features.

Overall, the UI needs a lot of work, some things are really inconvenient, like checking game time and trophies.

Reactions: Lashley and C-Dub

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Sorta the same, I mean I don't have PS Plus and yet I have no interest in the Plus features or any of the new non-Plus features.

Overall, the UI needs a lot of work, some things are really inconvenient, like checking game time and trophies.
They moved the trophies from a vertical list to a very awkward to use horizontal list, which makes no sense.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Anybody else having issues with Xbox achievements not unlocking today?

I was playing some indie games (Aerial_Knight's Never Yield, Pawarumi) and was wondering why the achievements werent popping... to verify, I played The Walking Dead Season 2 (which has easy, frequent achievements), and they show up as 100% done on the achievement list but arent unlocking.

Fairly new to Xbox, I hope this kind of stuff doesnt happen too often. 😢

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
In an email sent out to customers this week, GameStop revealed its top ten most pre-ordered Switch games over the past couple of months. Data is based on reservations starting June 8.

The full lineup is as follows:

1. Metroid Dread
2. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl Double Pack
3. Mario Party Superstars
4. Pokemon Legends: Arceus
5. Shin Megami Tensei V
6. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
7. WarioWare: Get It Together!
8. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
9. Sonic Colors: Ultimate
10. Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Boot Camp
Metroid Dread at the top... What in the world.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Agent

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

I was playing some indie games (Aerial_Knight's Never Yield, Pawarumi) and was wondering why the achievements werent popping... to verify, I played The Walking Dead Season 2 (which has easy, frequent achievements), and they show up as 100% done on the achievement list but arent unlocking.

I had that a few days ago, same with ultimate challenges. The achievements still unlocked, just didnt get a popup and today I got all ultimate challenges so not sure what was happening.

Lashley

One more thing...

Seems to be a problem on Xbox's end, noticed a few posts about it in the Xbox thread on Era

OP
fantomena

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I barely use my PS5 these days. I have Returnal, 13 Sentinels, Dreams and Demon's installed. But currently don't have much interest in playing them currently (part of me is also hoping for a PC release of 13 Sentinels). Returnal is too long for a roguelite and no save doesn't help either, game feels tiring to play just after one death. Demon's, no interest currently as my PS3 playthrough of the game is still fresh in my mind (even got 97% trophies on Demon's PS3).

When it comes to prices, they are for the most part terrible compared to Steam. Steam is always cheaper.

I also don't really use my Switch much, it's only for exclusives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Agent

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
After having it sat on a shelf for years i finally bought a second-hand PS Vita memory card so i could mess about with the Vita just as Sony kills it. Anyway, the mem card turned up today and i just popped it in. the Vita said it was connected to another account and i had to format it so i did.
There's no way i could have seen what was on the card if it was linked to another account? So i'm not missing anything?
I have Firmware 3.12, i assume i should look at some CFW guides before updating it ( So i can sign in to PSN)?

edit: Sorted. My Vita is old enough that i had to upgrade to 3.60 anyway.

Last edited:

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I had that a few days ago, same with ultimate challenges. The achievements still unlocked, just didnt get a popup and today I got all ultimate challenges so not sure what was happening.
Seems to be a problem on Xbox's end, noticed a few posts about it in the Xbox thread on Era
Thanks for the replies! Thankfully, the issue seems to have mostly unscrewed itself at this point, though a few achievements look like they'll need to be repeated sadly.

This is kind of weird that this still happens in 2021 TBH, iirc Xbox was first to market with these "achievements" (PS implemented trophies a ways after the launch of the PS3) but is still having system side outages like this. I never experienced anything like this even once in the many years I spent collecting trophies on PS platforms, but its already happened to me twice on Xbox despite having owned one for less than a year. Having an Xbox has still been a joy overall, but I wish they would clean annoyances like this up.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019

Metroid Dread at the top... What in the world.
That's great. I want to see more 2D Metroid games so I hope this one sells really well, as some of the previous games haven't done that well when you think about how passionate the fanbase is, including myself.

• This!
Reactions: xinek and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
That's great. I want to see more 2D Metroid games so I hope this one sells really well, as some of the previous games haven't done that well when you think about how passionate the fanbase is, including myself.
Yes, this... Looks like Dread is going to be big unlike Samus Returns. Metroid should have a bright future down the road.

Lashley

One more thing...
I barely use my PS5 these days. I have Returnal, 13 Sentinels, Dreams and Demon's installed. But currently don't have much interest in playing them currently (part of me is also hoping for a PC release of 13 Sentinels). Returnal is too long for a roguelite and no save doesn't help either, game feels tiring to play just after one death. Demon's, no interest currently as my PS3 playthrough of the game is still fresh in my mind (even got 97% trophies on Demon's PS3).

When it comes to prices, they are for the most part terrible compared to Steam. Steam is always cheaper.

I also don't really use my Switch much, it's only for exclusives.
Yeah, I begrudgingly use my PS5 for whenever a game gets moneyhatted to stay off PC.

It's mainly used for the skygo app tbh to watch the footy

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The 3DS still has a lot of good games that were never released to another platform. Good for 3DS, shame for preservation. Thanskfully 3DS emulators on PC works well.
I feel like as these dual screen and foldable Android phones get more affordable we’ll see 3DS preservation live on those systems. You can easily hook up something like a Gamesir X2 to a Galaxy Z Fold 3 or Surface Duo and have a 1:1 replica of 3DS in terms of input and screens.

I’m also wondering if Steam Deck as a second screen may work well too. I’m sure that’d be great for Wii U emulation in addition to DS and 3DS.

Reactions: MegaApple

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Legends: Arceus looks really good and is the first time I can ever think of a Pokemon trying something ambitious.

Reactions: Cacher